[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are my leaguemates and I in the wrong for picking up a total of 4 QB to keep them from a good team who has Jackson on BYE?

turbotooslow

My buddy is 5-2 and has Jackson and Ingram on BYE and Thielen out. He also just found out Teddy isn't playing. He's playing a 3-4 team who has no BYES and a decent team with a shot to win. I'm right behind the 5-2 team at 4-3. 

So...his opponent picks up Cousins to play keep away, and I follow suit and drop my defense and Kirk (nobody in this league will pick him up so I will get him back next week) to grab Tannehill and Daniel Jones. Then another leaguemate sees what's going on and drops 2 scrubs for Rudolph and Carr, leaving really only Schaub to be picked up. 

Honestly all of the QBs mentioned have a similar range of outcomes so it's not like we really screwed him over, but he was pretty pissed about it. I told him I do this kind of stuff every year all year (play keep away, pick up handcuffs just before a primetime game, etc.). He's saying it's collusion and I'm telling him to relax and that none of us even talked about it, it was a domino effect type of thing. And honestly a funny one IMO.

I just need a little affirmation here. Half the league aren't keen on these types of strategies so they are seeing it as unfair. I told them/him to be quicker on the wire, especially since they've always made comments about how I pick up every good player (7 year league of friends).

1 minute ago, turbotooslow said:

My buddy is 5-2 and has Jackson and Ingram on BYE and Thielen out. He also just found out Teddy isn't playing. He's playing a 3-4 team who has no BYES and a decent team with a shot to win. I'm right behind the 5-2 team at 4-3. 

So...his opponent picks up Cousins to play keep away, and I follow suit and drop my defense and Kirk (nobody in this league will pick him up so I will get him back next week) to grab Tannehill and Rudolph. Then another leaguemate sees what's going on and drops 2 scrubs for Jones and Carr, leaving really only Schaub to be picked up. 

Honestly all of the QBs mentioned have a similar range of outcomes so it's not like we really screwed him over, but he was pretty pissed about it. I told him I do this kind of stuff every year all year (play keep away, pick up handcuffs just before a primetime game, etc.). He's saying it's collusion and I'm telling him to relax and that none of us even talked about it, it was a domino effect type of thing. And honestly a funny one IMO.

I just need a little affirmation here. Half the league aren't hip to these types of strategies so they are seeing it as unfair. I told them/him to be quicker on the wire, especially since they've always made comments about how I pick up every good player (7 year league of friends).