[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this collusion? Is this a legit Trade?

Georgesgt

I have an issue in my league and a need to know if it’s collusion or not. I’m the league commissioner on a standard 10 team league and someone in the league, Gargamel, was winning by not much  agains OBJuif on last Monday before the Monday night game between the 49ners and the Seahawks. The score was around 102 Gargamel et 96 OBJuif. Gargamel had the kicker Robbie Gould in his line up and OBJuif had Russell Wilson in his line up. Robbie Gould had been ruled out of the game on Monday but Gargamel didn’t know until 30 minutes before the game started. OBJuif was pretty sure to win because he had Russell Wilson still to play and another important thing is that Gargamel had used all of his move or budget on the waiver at this time so theoretically he couldn’t grap another kicker like the Seahawks kicker Jason Myers to replace Robbie Gould. 

So then, Gargamel asked another player in the league, Phinsup, to grab the kicker Jason Myers on the waiver and then trade away Jason Myers for Robbie Gould and also Gargamel told Phinsup that he would give him further compensation for helping him. The compensation for that was that Gargamel gave Juju smith to Phinsup the day after. So Gargamel end up winning the matchup 112,86 to 112,18. 

I need to know if this trade was legit?

Thank you so much for your help and sorry for the long story.

Sounds a little shady.  It's tough when there are groups of friends at various levels in a league.  I had two guys once that were best friends sizable money league.  I was friends with them both but I think they even went to hs together.  Anyway, It was a keeper league but the commish, one of the friends brothers, allowed rental of players for draft cash for the following year.  So I wanted Gore, in his prime, from one of the guys that was out of contention.  We had a conference call and the friend kept bidding Gore up and I over paid for him.  Then I found out if the friend got Gore he was going to back out because he was just trying to F me for the next years draft.  They thought it was funny and of course the a hole commish wouldn't reject the deal.  I got out of that league.  

Sorry for the story but I needed to vent about that.  Sometimes it's better to get rid of the shady teams or just walk away.

Assuming you can make trades after kickoff on Sunday, which I think is less than normal, it was kind of a clever move. Except I don't think I would have allowed it based only on trading a player that had already played and was presumably locked for the week.

The finishing of the trade the next day is wrong from my standpoint. If he was allowed to make trades then AND he could have traded a non-locked player or a draft pick...something of value for Myers and consummate the trade in totality on Monday, then have at it. 

As presented I wouldn't have allowed it based only on the "I'll hook you up later" aspect. 

None of my leagues allow trades that include future compensation . If your league allows this , the move is hairy as hell, but I guess it stands.  Very shaky though because its essentially Juju for myers which on its own would be extremely questionable. The whole thing reeks

Just now, Georgesgt said:

Should I just delete the points that Myers did?

I don't think you should, you are then opening up a can of worms. Depending on where you sit in the standings, vs where they sit in the standings. You allowed the trade at the time and have to live with that.  

3 hours ago, whomper said:

None of my leagues allow trades that include future compensation . If your league allows this , the move is hairy as hell, but I guess it stands.  Very shaky though because its essentially Juju for myers which on its own would be extremely questionable. The whole thing reeks

This.

We allow future draft picks to be traded in our keeper/dynasty league and sometimes they are conditional, just has one trading Brady and the pick was a 5th next year (5 players kept on all 12 teams) but will escalate to a 2nd if that owner keeps Brady. 

But this was shady as hell, a kicker for a very good WR, and after games were played on Sunday.  The owner with Gould screwed up, didn't follow his injury condition, didn't have ability to add a player, then before the game when he knows he needs points from the absentee kicker he schemes to add one of maybe 2 available kickers to try and win a close game, If I were in that league I'd be livid, but probably wouldn't agree to play in a league with such loose rules.

PS  To make your post shorter and easier to read, next time just say team A and team B, I kept seeing Gargamel and while it rang a bell (I'm 55 with no kids around watching TV) I was getting confused and thinking it was a player not team name,