[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lance for Ryan?

tsites

And just like that; all the drama is over. Trey Lance is not lightning in a bottle after all.  Everyone is so anxious to find the next Lamar Jackson or Michael Vick, the moment a rookie QB hits the field, they go bananas. Garopollo will be the starting QB again once healthy period.

22 minutes ago, tsites said:

And just like that; all the drama is over. Trey Lance is not lightning in a bottle after all.  Everyone is so anxious to find the next Lamar Jackson or Michael Vick, the moment a rookie QB hits the field, they go bananas. Garopollo will be the starting QB again once healthy period.

Yep.   Just not ready.  They should just make him a RB.  

2 hours ago, tsites said:

I dropped Lance for Heineke. Upcoming games vs Chiefs and Packers. My grand plan though is to pick up Matt Ryan after this weeks bye and ride with him until Wilson is back. Also added Pitts for Theilen. Thoughts?

Not sure how waivers work in your league, but may be better to grab Ryan while he's a free agent if he clears waivers for this week. Otherwise come next week could be more teams looking for a QB that have interest in Ryan since he's had his bye. 

As many warned, Lance was not ready and his coach has made it clear he won't be playing when Jimmy G is healthy. You were better off staying pat.

31 minutes ago, JumpingJehosaphat said:

You dropped Thielen ? Why?

His ceiling for yardage is capped. He can get a touchdown once in a while but it's not sustainable. Jefferson is the guy to own. I think Pitts is on the way up to living up to the hype. He's going way down field.

13 minutes ago, tsites said:

His ceiling for yardage is capped. He can get a touchdown once in a while but it's not sustainable. Jefferson is the guy to own. I think Pitts is on the way up to living up to the hype. He's going way down field.

Ok ... who are the WRs on your bench that's better than Thielen?

12 minutes ago, tsites said:

Stefon Diggs, AJ Brown, TY Hilton, Tee Higgins. We get to draft 8 flex players whether they are RB's, WR's or TE's

So why would you not drop TY Hilton (or AJ Brown for that matter) and keep Thielen on the chance that you could be wrong about one of last season's top-10 WRs?

Edited by JumpingJehosaphat

Alright guys, my grand plan went up in smoke today as someone grabbed Matt Ryan off waivers. However, he dropped Teddy Bridgewater.  Should I pick up Bridgewater and drop Heinecke?  As a reminder, I need a backup QB to last me until Russell Wilson returns.

4 minutes ago, tsites said:

Alright guys, my grand plan went up in smoke today as someone grabbed Matt Ryan off waivers. However, he dropped Teddy Bridgewater.  Should I pick up Bridgewater and drop Heinecke?  As a reminder, I need a backup QB to last me until Russell Wilson returns.

Some of us told you it was a mistake to drop Ryan for Lance. Then after Wilson got hurt and Lance too (even if not hurt he sucks) you needed a QB, but were going to wait to get Ryan later after his bye week. I told you that would be a bad idea. Now you'll have to roll with Heinicke and other waiver options. 

Lessons learned hopefully, as somebody said backup QB isn't a spot to stash somebody who isn't a starter who might break out. 

I think Bridgewater is a better option than Heinicke, who could lose the job to Fitz when he returns. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Some of us told you it was a mistake to drop Ryan for Lance. Then after Wilson got hurt and Lance too (even if not hurt he sucks) you needed a QB, but were going to wait to get Ryan later after his bye week. I told you that would be a bad idea. Now you'll have to roll with Heinicke and other waiver options. 

Lessons learned hopefully, as somebody said backup QB isn't a spot to stash somebody who isn't a starter who might break out. 

I think Bridgewater is a better option than Heinicke, who could lose the job to Fitz when he returns. 

What you say is all true, but I would have had to drop Ryan this week due to the bye.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 3:27 PM, JumpingJehosaphat said:

So why would you not drop TY Hilton (or AJ Brown for that matter) and keep Thielen on the chance that you could be wrong about one of last season's top-10 WRs?

Boy were you right about that one!  It hurts to even say.  What are your thoughts on adding J. Waddle and dropping T. Higgins?  Also thinking of grabbing Tua and dropping Heineke.  Wilson may be done for the year.  Thanks.