[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Javonte Williams for Jalen Hurts

Khurtz

I have a pretty good stable of RB's right now with Mitchell and Sanders slotting in higher for me than Williams. Should I stop streaming QB's and just go get Hurts? Slightly worried he'll get benched for being a terrible NFL QB but he's a fantasy god so I'm thinking I should pull the trigger. Thanks for the thoughts?

38 minutes ago, Zephy said:

I would probably do it in your situation, though Javonte is a Gordon injury away from being an absolute monster. I'm sitting on him as well, and don't really feel the desire to part with him.

I get ya. I traded Darrel Williams for him hoping that Javonte would have a breakout game and see a higher snap share but after watching that offense (and defense) completely collapse against the Browns I'm starting to worry. Thanks for weighing in!

12 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Gordon is a JWilliams injury away from a solid set and forget.    

To be fair, you could say that about a lot of different handcuffs but are you starting Pollard or Javonte over a starter like Miles Sanders or potentially Elijah Mitchell? I mean, this week will tell if Sanders and Mitchell have a good RoS outlook or not but I'm betting they both do. I appreciate you weighing in though : - )

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Gordon is a JWilliams injury away from a solid set and forget.    

Just re-read your post and realized you said the opposite of what I thought. Kind of agree and MG3 seems like the more trusted back, even though Javonte is getting snaps in all kinds of situations.

Just now, League_Champion said:

I doubt Javonte will get you Hurts. Even though he sucks in real life he's a top 5 fantasy QB. 

He will. My brother has Hurts and Rodgers and he has already agreed to the trade and is ready to pull the trigger as soon as I make the offer.

1 minute ago, Khurtz said:

Just re-read your post and realized you said the opposite of what I thought. Kind of agree and MG3 seems like the more trusted back, even though Javonte is getting snaps in all kinds of situations.

Actually my only point was that guys say things like "if it werent for so and so" in a 1a/1b situation, without realizing it goes both ways. 

If it wasnt for Hunt, Chubb would have a ton of carries a game.  Well, visa versa, right?  

it was less an evaluation of either guy than a comment on our tendencies to favor one over the other in situations that are, very often, equivalencies.

2 hours ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

I’d rather have Javonte. Mitchell and Sanders aren’t sure fire.

Yeah, I get that, but I don't know that I need to stockpile 3 RB's that aren't surefire and pass up on a top tier QB option. For context I'm also 2-4 so I need to keep winning weeks and Javonte probably isn't helping me do that for the next 2 at the very least. I appreciate you weighing in : - )

9 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Well do it! Why wouldn't you?? 

Honestly, it's personal dislike for Hurts and for the same reason I'm seeing half the people here telling me to stick with Javonte but I'm starting to lean heavily towards doing the trade as I'm seeing highly experienced fantasy players like yourself telling me I'm crazy for not doing it now : - P I was also kinda hoping either AJ or Julio would be out to make me feel better about downgrading Tannehill as I have a slight concern I'm going to drop him in a week where he goes off but I guess I could just make the trade and run Tannehill for just this week in that case. I appreciate your opinion.

9 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

it was less an evaluation of either guy than a comment

9 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Actually my only point was that guys say things like "if it werent for so and so" in a 1a/1b situation, without realizing it goes both ways. 

If it wasnt for Hunt, Chubb would have a ton of carries a game.  Well, visa versa, right?  

it was less an evaluation of either guy than a comment on our tendencies to favor one over the other in situations that are, very often, equivalencies.

Yeah, I get that and I definitely have that bias towards Javonte and against MG3 due to him being the new hotness and MG3 being old but in reality I think MG3 is doing better on the season than Javonte in fantasy scoring. It's another tendency I'm seeing that I keep undervaluing handcuffs until the injury happens and it's happened at a high rate this season, but it also feels like a flawed approach to keep trying to predict injuries and then hold up a spot that you could use for someone who is more likely to be valuable just because the value of the handcuff is higher. Not entirely saying Javonte is a handcuff because you could've still run him this past week and been happy with low-mid rb2 production but his ceiling is likely capped at mid range rb2 unless something changes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Khurtz said:

Yeah, I get that and I definitely have that bias towards Javonte and against MG3 due to him being the new hotness and MG3 being old but in reality I think MG3 is doing better on the season than Javonte in fantasy scoring. It's another tendency I'm seeing that I keep undervaluing handcuffs until the injury happens and it's happened at a high rate this season, but it also feels like a flawed approach to keep trying to predict injuries and then hold up a spot that you could use for someone who is more likely to be valuable just because the value of the handcuff is higher. Not entirely saying Javonte is a handcuff because you could've still run him this past week and been happy with low-mid rb2 production but his ceiling is likely capped at mid range rb2 unless something changes.

Ahhhh.  Welcome to my world.  

I dropped mattison to add DernestJohnson this week.  I ended up not even playing DJ (yeah, I know) and now I am staring at Mattison on waivers just KNOWING the Cook owner is going to grab him.  The guy might get 3 or 4 starts a season if I am lucky, but when he does its a difference maker.  20 points, and the Cook owner gets a hot poker in the eye.

I am probably going to burn a waiver add on melvinG.  And I am going to kick myself in 2 or 3 weeks when the Cook owner is starting mattison instead of me. 

But thats the game, right?

5 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Ahhhh.  Welcome to my world.  

I dropped mattison to add DernestJohnson this week.  I ended up not even playing DJ (yeah, I know) and now I am staring at Mattison on waivers just KNOWING the Cook owner is going to grab him.  The guy might get 3 or 4 starts a season if I am lucky, but when he does its a difference maker.  20 points, and the Cook owner gets a hot poker in the eye.

I am probably going to burn a waiver add on melvinG.  And I am going to kick myself in 2 or 3 weeks when the Cook owner is starting mattison instead of me. 

But thats the game, right?

100%. At least D'ernest Johnson would be an RB2 next week if Chubb misses so there's still a little potential value there. Mattison is tough since we KNOW for a fact that he's an RB1 if Cook misses because we've already gotten to see it. I don't blame you going after Melvin Gordon as he's still a playable mid range rb2 with, in my opinion, a slightly higher floor than Javonte at the moment. Second guessing yourself based on perceived outcome and trying to predict injuries is fun : - D

P.S. I almost took Chuba the week McCaffery went down but I left him on the wire because my brother had McCaffery and I felt bad snatching his handcuff. In the end I still got Chuba and traded him to my brother for Patterson so it worked out but I felt like a dumbass for being nice and not pulling the trigger on that.

Edited by Khurtz

3 minutes ago, Khurtz said:

100%. At least D'ernest Johnson would be an RB2 next week if Chubb misses so there's still a little potential value there. Mattison is tough since we KNOW for a fact that he's an RB1 if Cook misses because we've already gotten to see it. I don't blame you going after Melvin Gordon as he's still a playable mid range rb2 with, in my opinion, a slightly higher floor than Javonte at the moment. Second guessing yourself based on perceived outcome and trying to predict injuries is fun : - D

P.S. I almost took Chuba the week McCaffery went down but I left him on the wire because my brother had McCaffery and I felt bad snatching his handcuff. In the end I still got Chuba and traded him to my brother for Patterson so it worked out but I felt like a dumbass for being nice and not pulling the trigger on that.

+1

Oh, and never be nice!  

• Like 1