[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jon Gruden suing NFL, Roger Goodell

League_Champion

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:
JON GRUDENHC, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
9270.jpg

The Athletic's Vic Tafur reports that people close to Jon Gruden believe the former head coach "might want to have his day in court" rather than taking an NFL settlement. 

"He has plenty of money from his broadcasting, Raiders and sponsorship deals and may value putting Goodell on trial more than any dollar figure," Tatur writes. 🍿. The NFL is trying to get Gruden's defamation of character lawsuit dismissed and has appealed the original ruling that it could go forward, but people in Gruden's camp think that the speed with which the judge ruled makes the appeal a long shot

Good! DO! IT!

Gruden, kick some ass.

The NFL will do everything within their power to keep this from going to court. In the end,  I think they will get their way, but I'm hoping for a Depp/Heard outcome and I hope the owners get dragged into it as well. It's long past due.

12 hours ago, rajncajn said:

The NFL will do everything within their power to keep this from going to court. In the end,  I think they will get their way, but I'm hoping for a Depp/Heard outcome and I hope the owners get dragged into it as well. It's long past due.

Well I heard it said for the Depp trial as well. One of the worst possible plaintiffs is someone who is not out for money because there isn't anything you can do to make it go away. Certainly was costly for Heard so far. But we shall see, people often talk a good game and the NFL will do whatever they can to stay out of discovery I'd imagine so no reason to get our hopes up. Gruden definitely feels sandbagged though it seems and he knows $$ isn't going to hurt the NFL and certainly not Goodell. 

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

Well I heard it said for the Depp trial as well. One of the worst possible plaintiffs is someone who is not out for money because there isn't anything you can do to make it go away. Certainly was costly for Heard so far. But we shall see, people often talk a good game and the NFL will do whatever they can to stay out of discovery I'd imagine so no reason to get our hopes up. Gruden definitely feels sandbagged though it seems and he knows $$ isn't going to hurt the NFL and certainly not Goodell. 

The only thing that will hurt them is exposure and even with that fans will still buy tickets.

On 5/31/2022 at 6:50 PM, millworkguy said:

It sounds like Davis is also pretty pissed with the NFL over this, probably feels the coach he wanted and hired was forced out by Goodell and others at the NFL. He had to pay Gruden some money and he's lost the coach he planned to have for a decade or more. So it would not surprise me one bit if he was helping Gruden in various ways. The prior article you posted even had some line by Davis like "Ask the NFL they have all the answers"