[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should I try to pull off a trade?

seh0872

OK, given how my 14-team league works, this may get a little complicated.

I'm in a 14-team Superflex league w/4 keepers mandatory--no more, no less.  All keepers have same value.  Any player taken in the first three rounds are not keeper-eligible, so guys like McCaffrey, Josh Allen, etc. will be available as redrafts, as will some of the players on my team like Stefon Diggs.   Snake draft, I have the 10th pick (then 19th, 38th, 47th, 66th, 75th, and so on, by rounds that's 1-10, 2-5, 3-10, 4-5, etc.)

I have five potential keepers, so need to cut one loose:

Javonte Williams, D'Andre Swift, Cam Akers, A.J. Brown, Rashod Bateman

At first, it seemed easy -- Williams, Swift, Akers, Brown.  From a redraft perspective, Bateman is on a lower tier than the other four, so as much I love his dynasty appeal, he's odd man out.  But why just dump value if I can get something for it...there are a number of teams in the league who struggle to have four solid keepers, and because of the mandatory keeper rule, end up having to keep some crap player.  So, let's use that to my advantage, and see if I can move up in the draft.

So.... my first thought was to try to move Akers, but frankly the WR depth is much deeper that RB, so perhaps moving Bateman is better.  So, that's question 1.

Second question is for what value?  I don't think I can improve my 3rd round pick at 38th, as I'm not sure if Akers will be valued that high.  I also would not want to give up the 47th pick (5th pick of the fourth round) as that is the first pick that is keeper eligible for next season.

Maybe Akers and my 5th round for their 3rd?

If Bateman is the trade offer, then I'm thinking him and and my 6th round for their 5th?

Thoughts?

Yeah trade Bateman.  You won't have to draft a RB until the later rounds.  Just load up on WR2/3, TE and QB in your first few rounds and you should be golden.

As for value, I'd bet you could get more than a 5th for him and a 6th.  I would try for a 4th for him and a 7th.