[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Non traditional league draft strategy

FinishTheDrill

To what extent do you bump up of prioritize Qb and TE in 12 team leagues with 2 roster spots for every position (2wr 2rb 2qb 2te + flex) ?

I am thinking all in on QB and TE, 2 each within the first 5 rounds , and end with  3 qb and 3 TE total on the roster.   too aggressive?    

Hit WR and RB as hard as possible in rounds 6-16.

First I've been in one of these, and I wondering if its counter intutive.  tia

QBs go way up in value (most 2 QB and SF leagues, the top 5-6 picks will be QB, then sprinkle in JT/CMC and the elite WRs, though with only 2 WR in your league, they go way down in value), and getting a 3rd QB relatively early is key as there are not 3 for each team, so most teams will be taking a zero at one of the QB spots twice a season (its why most leagues with 10 or more teams opt for superflex rather than 2QB when doing something other than 1 QB).

No need to bump TE quite that much, but they do go up in value, treat it similar to TE premium leagues. Getting 1 of the top 8 so (for me, that is Kelce, Andrews, Pitts, Kittle, Waller, Schultz, Goedert and Hockenson, though you could remove or add a couple guys based on your projections).

Because of the settings, WR is devalued.... a lot. 

• Thanks 1

You're doing a lot of cuffing in a league like this. There's just not enough good players to go around. Imagine each team rostering 3 QBs & 3 TEs, that's horrible! Who is QB or TE 36 anyway? You'll have to wear out that waiver wire, especially as the season goes on. 

Big Country is right though, you won't need to overreach for a WR in this format. There's plenty to be had. 

• Thanks 1

You don't mention if league scoring includes PPR.  If not, I'd give WR's much much lower consideration .  If PPR included, I'd still drop WR and RB some.  Draftable RB's expand to about 40, when PPR.  The other positions are just too scarce to take WR's as early as we usually would.  

Have fun, I enjoy drafting and managing in "different scoring" leagues.  I love PPR but I don't want all my leagues to be cookie cutter.  

3 hours ago, The Grey Pilgrim said:

You don't mention if league scoring includes PPR.  If not, I'd give WR's much much lower consideration .  If PPR included, I'd still drop WR and RB some.  Draftable RB's expand to about 40, when PPR.  The other positions are just too scarce to take WR's as early as we usually would.  

Have fun, I enjoy drafting and managing in "different scoring" leagues.  I love PPR but I don't want all my leagues to be cookie cutter.  

1/2 ppr 12 team 2 @ each: QB RB WR TE + flex, dst, K 16 roster spots.  of the 12 teams, 4 are run by fish i suspect are going to use autodraft, 4 guys who are FF sharks.  

Kind of looking forward to this one.  There's very little online wrt strategy, ranking, etc, so its very proprietary.