[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IR spot eligibility discrepancy between different platforms

universalcharmer

I always wondered why different fantasy platforms have different eligibility criteria to place players on IR spot. 

I think ESPN allows players with "Out" designation to be put on IR but does not allow suspended players whereas, NFL fantasy app does not allow "Out" designation players to be put on IR spot but allows suspended players to be put on IR. I feel ESPN rules are fair and make sense, while NFL fantasy app rules are BS.

In our 10 team PPR auction league which is on NFL fantasy app, our commissioner picked up Michael Gallup after the draft on Aug 28th and was able to put him on IR immediately. He later dropped him on Sep 7th and I picked him up from Waivers. But now when I am trying to put him on IR, it is not allowing me to put him there. 

I asked the commissioner why he dropped Gallup and he said his roster became invalid because Gallup was on IR so he had to drop him. I have now idea why it allowed Gallup to be put on IR in the first place and later made him ineligible. Surely there is something I don't understand has happened here.

We've never had an IR slot in our league, benches are deep enough. But I'd always thought an IR slot should be for more long term injuries, not some guy declared to be out. As for suspensions, I can see why some places might treat it differently. But some of that could also be league settings, how was it configured to begin with. 

That whole situation you describe with commissioner adding them, moving to IR and they having to drop them with the provided explanation and what you experience now seems very odd. 

On 9/9/2022 at 6:16 PM, millworkguy said:

As a commish I'm able to set the requirements for the I.r. spot in mfl

I was trying to look at how CBS does it (we don't use an IR slot) and it wasn't clear. Allowing the commissioner to determine how it works within allowed parameters is the best.