[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hurts is turning into a badass

1fastdoc

I drafted him in our dynasty league as a rookie.  Very dissapointed initially with his inability to get the ball downfield but for some reason I held onto him.  He has really improved in reading defenses and accuracy.  Add to it his quick decision making when it comes to running the ball and the ability (and willingness when necessary) to take a hit and he's become pretty impressive.  157 rushing yards last night against GB, lol.  That was a great game to watch.

It's funny how some QB's come out of the gate strong and then regress while others look terrible but then evolve into great franchise play callers.  He seems to be the latter.  I wonder what the difference is.  QB coaching staff?  

He's very good no doubt. But all these QBs who like to run a lot, including Allen, are going to end up cutting back on that or risk major injuries. The way Allen ran one play in the Lions game taking a big hit rather than sliding even had his coach talking about it during the in game interview. 

I don't think Hunt relied on his legs nearly as much as some others like Lamar, who appeared to have almost no sound passing ability as a rookie. 

• Like 1

He's come a long way for sure. He was absolutely brutal when he took over for Wentz. This new coaching staff worked all off season on his footing and accuracy, it's paid off. He's a totally different, more confident QB who can make throws from the pocket. 

That'll happen with Justin Fields as well. When he learns to throw from the pocket, look out league! 

Going off on a tangent, why is it guys like Hurts develop but guys like Burrow regress. I thought Burrow/Chase would be unstoppable this year.  And then there is Lawrence, who's numbers look better this year but does he?  I never see Jags games, I just know from a FF standpoint he's meh

9 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

Going off on a tangent, why is it guys like Hurts develop but guys like Burrow regress. I thought Burrow/Chase would be unstoppable this year.  And then there is Lawrence, who's numbers look better this year but does he?  I never see Jags games, I just know from a FF standpoint he's meh

Burrow is having an excellent season 

I think coaching has a lot to do with it. The previous coaching staffs had no idea what to do with Hurts & Fields. Same can be applied to Lawrence, he's pretty much a rookie considering last year's disaster. 

5 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

Not sure I'd agree that Burrow has regressed this season. If you look at his numbers they're not down much, completion % a bit down, yards per game about the same. Others numbers I'd have to crunch more to do some per game analysis

2021 = 16 games 366-520-4611-34-14  (per game 23-32-288-2.1-0.875)

2022 = 11 games 279-409-3160-23-8 (per game 25-37-287-2.1-0.72)

sacks in 2021 he had 51 for 370 yards (per game 3.2 for 23 yds) in 2022 its 33 for 214 yards in 11 games (per game 3 for 19.5)

Throwing a bit more per game this year, so more completions, but lower rate, and fewer picks. 

Yes I know those are only stats, I haven't see a lot of their full games recently, last one I recall well was when the Browns beat them badly on MNF. 

The Bengals had a rough start to the season, losing 3 of the first 5, they're 5-1 since then, with Chase missing the last 3 games. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Not sure I'd agree that Burrow has regressed this season. If you look at his numbers they're not down much, completion % a bit down, yards per game about the same. Others numbers I'd have to crunch more to do some per game analysis

2021 = 16 games 366-520-4611-34-14  (per game 23-32-288-2.1-0.875)

2022 = 11 games 279-409-3160-23-8 (per game 25-37-287-2.1-0.72)

sacks in 2021 he had 51 for 370 yards (per game 3.2 for 23 yds) in 2022 its 33 for 214 yards in 11 games (per game 3 for 19.5)

Throwing a bit more per game this year, so more completions, but lower rate, and fewer picks. 

Yes I know those are only stats, I haven't see a lot of their full games recently, last one I recall well was when the Browns beat them badly on MNF. 

The Bengals had a rough start to the season, losing 3 of the first 5, they're 5-1 since then, with Chase missing the last 3 games. 

Thanks for that.  I stand corrected.  I only saw a few games and he wasn't looking stellar but I wasn't watching closely.