[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bigheadhal1 and RFA's lost please chime in on how you think should be handled

Henry Muto

22 minutes ago, Brentastic said:

Questionable decision, imo. We should be voting on this instead of giving two FA defenses

What about all the players he lost we should then be voting to allow him the option to match all those guys ?  

Not a great situation to lose a team that had no action in RFA and lost a bunch of players that had no chance of matching since he was not around.

So this seemed to be the best solution to allow the winners to keep their RFA and not have all those people lose their players they just won.

Every team has at least 1 if not 2 DF's already on their roster you have Dallas an elite DF.

The new guy just lost SF DF a top flight elite DF so giving him back a middle of the pack Seattle and a bottom ranked Atlanta defense seemed like the best of all worlds.

So what is your fixable option here ?

You think he should not be allowed those DF's so what is your suggestion we do ?

Is your suggestion that we give him the right to match all the RFA already won (which could upset all the owners that had won those guys)

or is your option that he is just screwed loses all those players and we can't even get a FA defense that might cost you $1 for free ?

Waiting for your answer that will fix this horrible situation where an owner never pays then drops out and we have to find a new owner.

This is also another reason why everyone should be paid by March 1st so if someone does drop out we can replace year 1 for free and not have to go through this.

But I am too nice a guy to try and demand people to pay and it bites me in the @ss as we see here.

Ok he will just have to bid on a DF in FA I dropped Seattle and Atlanta from his roster.

So now does he get a chance to make the RFA's he already lost because no team when here when they were being bid on or is that tough luck ?

Everyone who want to chime in please do

• Henry Muto changed the title to Bigheadhal1 and RFA's lost please chime in on how you think should be handled
  • Henry Muto pinned this topic
1 hour ago, t-bone65 said:

I feel your original decision was perfectly fine to give him both defenses.

This

Taking over a team in this situation deserves many accommodations. 

Do much so, that I'll donate any two players from me taxi. I know none are studs, but two of them must have some value. 

@Bigheadhal1,  pick two, send a trade offer and let's help your team. If none are appealing, maybe my 2.14 pick can assist your team a little? 

@Henry Muto, thanks for all your help! 

• Like 1

I’m truthfully not asking for much if I can get Seattle so I know I have a defense that is fine. I’ll pay a couple of bucks if I have to. Even though SF d for $12 is high not having a defense I might have matched. Missing RFA’s kind of puts me behind the eight ball 🎱 a little bit but thanks to Henry for inviting me and the rest of the league. 

• Like 1

I do appreciate the new owner and empathize with his situation. Getting SEA and ATL is a fine solution. I guess the point I was trying to make (but didn’t) is the original post could’ve been framed differently or put to a vote instead of a declaration 🤷‍♂️. But I do understand the complexities of it all. I wasn’t trying to be difficult. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brentastic said:

I do appreciate the new owner and empathize with his situation. Getting SEA and ATL is a fine solution. I guess the point I was trying to make (but didn’t) is the original post could’ve been framed differently or put to a vote instead of a declaration 🤷‍♂️. But I do understand the complexities of it all. I wasn’t trying to be difficult. 

I don't think you were wrong in what you said, you were playing it by the books which we should always do. Henry is great at following the rules, that's why I didn't have an issue when he was put in the mess of a situation with our draft in a few days. No worries!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not a big deal.  All I was saying is, if he only lost one defense, I'm not sure why you would arbitrarily give him two (when other teams don't have two).  I realize that there is no perfect solution, and people are throwing around ideas, etc.  What about allowing him to acquire a player (of the wire) at each position that he lost one (for a buck, or whatever is reasonable)?  Not sure if that's too much (if there are some diamonds in the rough on the waiver wire), or not enough (nothing of substance on the waiver wire), but just a thought.  

• Like 2

Another thought I had was, if he lost X number of $$ worth of RFA's, give him that amount in cash.  It's not going to fix the team currently, but it would help the rebuild.  And, maybe that's too much... I have no idea.  Maybe do half.  If he lost $40 in RFA's, he gets $20.  Again, just another idea. 

• Like 2

Not sure if this has been settled yet, but i think both defenses is fine. If we’re voting that seems like the majority. It’s just a bad situation all around. He’s picking up a team in a bad spot. The least thing we could do is give him a couple defenses without penalty or $$$

• Like 2

• Henry Muto unpinned and locked this topic