[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Rajn

Bobby Brown

It's a very nuanced situation as most of these conflicts typically are. Ukraine is no different really. It's easy to feel sympathy for the people that are suffering. It's hard to feel sympathy for the governments who's decisions cause it. I think rarely will you see a conflict where everyone's hands are clean and this has always seemed more true with the Middle East.

On 10/9/2023 at 12:55 AM, Bobby Brown said:

I blasted you earlier for posting something from Joe Rogan.  I'm still skeptical of the guy.  But I found this interview very informative.  And I sincerely apologize for ridiculing you for bringing Joe Rogan up.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPR7muhHT/

My alarm bells were pinging when listening to that lady. I can't say she didn't make some reasonable points but I got a flavor of one sidedness and bias. Saying "dude" when acting as a reporter? Her wiki page is spotty, to say the least 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abby_Martin

6 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

My alarm bells were pinging when listening to that lady. I can't say she didn't make some reasonable points but I got a flavor of one sidedness and bias. Saying "dude" when acting as a reporter? Her wiki page is spotty, to say the least 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abby_Martin

Oh geeze.  Yea she sounds questionable to put it nicely.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 3:56 PM, rajncajn said:

It's a very nuanced situation 

I stole this from a Wilson Center blog post.  Google decided it should be the first come come up.  Hamas, and those who chose to elect them to lead their people, dont come across as particularly nuanced.  Of course, my view of nuanced may differ from someone else's:

"In its original 1988 charter, Hamas states that “There is no solution for the Palestinian problem except by Jihad.” In a 2017 version of its charter, Hamas claimed to reject the “persecution of any human being or the undermining of his or her rights on nationalist, religious or sectarian grounds.”

Hamas was established in Gaza at the end of 1987 as both an arm of the Muslim Brotherhood and a rival to another designated terrorist group: the Palestinian Islamic Jihad. In line with its belief that "The day that enemies usurp part of Muslim land, Jihad becomes the individual duty of every Muslim," Hamas not only condemned the historic Oslo Accords but declares that international peace proposals and conferences are "but a waste of time, and vain endeavors."

This does come across as slightly more nuanced.  Eradicate from Palestine, but maybe not from the rest of the world.  A kinder, gentler Hamas:

In 1988, Hamas declared that the “Day of Judgment will not come about until Muslims fight Jews and kill them.”

By 2017, Hamas claimed its mission wasn’t “a struggle against Jews or Judaism,” but a “struggle…against the Zionist occupation….”