[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LOL, Who broke my thread?

FinishTheDrill

12 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

The problem is getting then nominated to represent one of the two parties

Incumbents usually get the nomination without a fight, Trump is getting incumbent treatment by the voters even though he lost the last time. 

9 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Ok so if Trump is elected you will immediately start a thread about how that old man is not fit for office. But until then it doesn't matter, only Biden. 

Where you alive when Reagan was president? Trust me lots of people thought he was unfit. 

You can, Steven.   Feel free to.  

This isnt about Donald Trump.  for the love of the lord you have trouble staying on topic, dont you?  Let's not make it about you either. 

If you feel threatened by something, simply avoid the thread.  You do oddly seem hellbent on creating some muck.   

Would you feel pleased with Kamala going into the election, or do you prefer Joe Biden remain at the helm?  I dont like what I see or hear wrt to Joe Biden's health or mental acuity.    I am very much in favor of Kamala at this point.   I wonder if the Party is, though.   I wonder, will she be replaced?   Carrot, or stick?  

8 hours ago, rajncajn said:

The problem is getting them nominated to represent one of the two parties

I meant the ones who got nominated.

In 2020 I felt okay about Biden because he challenged a criminal who tried to undermine the election 

In 2016, Hillary was like a dentist visit.  But it was someone who clearly had a resume on how the world worked.

In 2012 Obama had a track record and Romney did to.  I'd take either of these guys over 2024 choices.

In 2008 it was Obama vs McCain and I felt okay about either one of those.

The McCain and Romney types were moderates and have no place in modern Maga GOP.  

Obama, Hillary, and Biden are the same as they were years ago.  Democrats who pass policy like  Republicans did 20 to 30 years ago. Hell, their immigration policy is far to the left of Regan and Bush 1.

Not my ideal candidates, but it's better than modern day old man competition today.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

You can, Steven.   Feel free to.  

This isnt about Donald Trump.  for the love of the lord you have trouble staying on topic, dont you?  Let's not make it about you either. 

If you feel threatened by something, simply avoid the thread.  You do oddly seem hellbent on creating some muck.   

Would you feel pleased with Kamala going into the election, or do you prefer Joe Biden remain at the helm?  I dont like what I see or hear wrt to Joe Biden's health or mental acuity.    I am very much in favor of Kamala at this point.   I wonder if the Party is, though.   I wonder, will she be replaced?   Carrot, or stick?  

I am fine with Biden continuing, all the talk about his mental capacity is mostly that. I will be fine with Kamala replacing him if he drops out, or cannot finish his term (or the next term).   Notice I said IF not WHEN, as I am not convinced (as some are) that Biden won't finish his term, or won't be the candidate or be able to finish the next term if he wins. 

Problem with Kamala is there will be a lot of Americans who might consider her as VP, but not as POTUS, and that could hand the election to Trump. Of course others would say that keeping Biden will scare people away and could cause that.

4 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Just a guy whose been around these boards about 3 decades watching a newb who thinks he's entitled to his own parameters with the admin and everyone else 

Is it acceptable to derail threads, change the topic, or incite the same on the boards, BobbyBrown?  

Do you, having been here for 3 decades, have some additional say in the posting rules?  

Sorry if I stepped on your toes.  Please, correct me if I am wrong.   You surely know more about the posting rules, having been here.  Should you be changing a topic or starting your own thread within someone elses?   

Or, if you dont like the topic, should you refrain from posting, avoid ad hominen's, and start a new thread with your desired topic?  

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I am fine with Biden continuing, all the talk about his mental capacity is mostly that. I will be fine with Kamala replacing him if he drops out, or cannot finish his term (or the next term).   Notice I said IF not WHEN, as I am not convinced (as some are) that Biden won't finish his term, or won't be the candidate or be able to finish the next term if he wins. 

Problem with Kamala is there will be a lot of Americans who might consider her as VP, but not as POTUS, and that could hand the election to Trump. Of course others would say that keeping Biden will scare people away and could cause that.

I'm not certain that he'll drop out or be removed, much in the same way that I wasnt certain that Dallas would eff up the playoffs or SanFran would make it to the SB.   

I took some time the other day prior to starting the (other) thread and watched some videos, not edited, not editorialized, but 1st hand video clips of the Potus.  Its difficult since a lot of them are snippets cut to make one point or other to the Left or the Right.   (Social media videos are currently very helpful, and will be until AI becomes more commonplace.)   But they are out there, and one can also simply ignore the blathering banter of the talking heads and key in on the potus.  

My takeaway is that he isnt well.  We had a family member with dementia, and his mannerisms, speech pattern, facial appearance, and some other verbal and non verbal behaviors mirror what we saw.  It's really sad, and no one's fault.  I'm rather certain that he is in rapid decline and worse, that he isnt "steering the ship" in the least.   He is cooked as a leader, 100%.  Watch him in 10 or so recent videos.  If the head coach or OC of your favorite team (Browns?) spoke and acted like that, would you extend his contract?  

Of course not.  And thats for a stupid FB team.   

I think KH should be in place by mid summer, however I think that it's possible that Joe maintains his decline, remains, and the DNC slides someone other than the VP into the top slot for elections.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Is it acceptable to derail threads, change the topic, or incite the same on the boards, BobbyBrown?  

Do you, having been here for 3 decades, have some additional say in the posting rules?  

Sorry if I stepped on your toes.  Please, correct me if I am wrong.   You surely know more about the posting rules, having been here.  Should you be changing a topic or starting your own thread within someone elses?   

Or, if you dont like the topic, should you refrain from posting, avoid ad hominen's, and start a new thread with your desired topic?  

Let me think about this questions and I'll get back to you.  

32 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Don't bother.  We both know full well it was all rhetorical. 

I'm still thinking.  You've posed some very serious non-rhetorical questions that I've taken to heart.  

I might be thinking about them for awhile.