[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No More Manning Bashing Posts!

Gak Attack

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all titling a post "No more Manning bashing!" is an open invitation for just that! I'll respect your wish. I don't think anyone (at least I'm not) is trying to take anything away from what he is doing. My problem is the way he is going about it. It's so obvious that the record is all important to him. Is that a bad thing? Not really, I just prefer someone to break the record as a by product of doing their job. Not an all out effort. I've never like athletes that were "all about me" . I love guys like Farve, Harrison, Barry Sanders etc. It seems to me that this year Manning is falling into that "me" category. I could be wrong, in fact I hope I am. All those inside the five TD passes sure make you wonder when you have an all pro RB sitting there. Think about it with an open mind. And yes, Manning is a great QB.

I don't want to pick on math, but 28 and 35 = 63 and not 53.  The only reason I bring this up is because I'm wondering if they have 63 plays inside the 10 or if they only have passed 25 times inside the 10.  Could you clear these numbers up when you get a chance?

576881[/snapback]

You're right. It was 63 plays. That was the number that was wrong. The 35 and the 28 were correct.

Because Indy isn't going to be playing Minnesota, Houston's, Chicago's or Detroits defense every week.

That a balanced attack is always more successful and harder to gameplan than a predictable attack.

That Peyton started the beginning of the end of the Colts chances against NE in last years playoff's by trying to force passes inside the 10 yard line.  For example the INT  on the 1 yard line on the Colts first drive of the game.

That everyone forgets the meeting between the Colts and NE this year it was Manning's sack that pushed the Colts out of reasonable FG position.

That same game the Colts lead 17-13 at halftime but could have been up by more except Manning threw an INT on NE's 6 yard line.............

576797[/snapback]

So far Indy has scored, using this gameplan, against every team they have played. Not just against Minnesota, Houston, Chicago & Detroit.

Indy's offense is very balanced. On the year they are averaging 32 passes per game and 28 Rushes per game. It's hard to get more balanced than that.

I honestly don't care what happened last year as Indy's Offense and defense is better than last year.

And I think it's interesting that you would use this years NE game as an example to support your argument that Manning is throwing too much. The Colts ran 42 times that day and Manning only threw 29 passes.

Manning did throw an INT that game, and no doubt about it, the sack hurt. But how much do you think Edges 2 fumbles hurt. Especially the one at the goal line. I would actually go so far as to say that the play that has hurt the Colts the most through this week of the season, is the pass from the 1 yd line than Manning DIDN'T throw. Maybe if they had thrown a pass on that play instead of handing the ball to Edge they might have won the game.

Either way it's hard to blame the loss entirely on Manning. Did he make some mistakes, yes, but so did Edge.

This years NE game is like the Poster Game for Manning fans. This game and the turn of events inside the 10 yd line fully supports the gameplan that the Colts are using this year. And until someone shows that they can stop it the Colts should keep doing it.

I personally have no problem if the Colts want to run the ball inside the 10. But as long as it keeps working why not pass the ball inside the 10.

And this year it's worked for 20 TD's out of 35 tries, against only 1 INT.

Edited by Jrick35

First of all titling a post "No more Manning bashing!" is an open invitation for just that! I'll respect your wish.  I don't think anyone (at least I'm not) is trying to take anything away from what he is doing. My problem is the way he is going about it. It's so obvious that the record is all important to him.  Is that a bad thing? Not really, I just prefer someone to break the record as a by product of doing their job. Not an all out effort. I've never like athletes that were "all about me" . I love guys like Farve, Harrison, Barry Sanders etc. It seems to me that this year Manning is falling into that "me" category. I could be wrong, in fact I hope I am.  All those inside the five TD passes sure make you wonder when you have an all pro RB sitting there. Think about it with an open mind. And yes, Manning is a great QB.

578135[/snapback]

Edge has been handed the ball 24 times inside the 10, Rhodes has been handed the ball 4 times inside the 10. Those 28 runs have generated 5 TD's and at least 1 fumble.

Manning has thrown the ball 35 times inside the 10 yd line. Those 35 throws have generated 20 TD's to at least 6 different players and 1 INT.

Record aside, IT WORKS. Why stop?

Edge has been handed the ball 24 times inside the 10, Rhodes has been handed the ball 4 times inside the 10. Those 28 runs have generated 5 TD's and at least 1 fumble.

Manning has thrown the ball 35 times inside the 10 yd line. Those 35 throws have generated 20 TD's to at least 6 different players and 1 INT.

578168[/snapback]

Us Edge owners don't appreciate it when you bring logic into the debate Jrick35. :D

Please cease & desist any further efforts to bring up sound facts, figures & stats. B)

Edit:

Oh! And BTW, Manning is a Greedy Bastage :D

Edited by Big Score 1

578168[/snapback]

That's why I didn't draft Edge. In my TD heavy league, Edge sucks.

That's why I didn't draft Edge. In my TD heavy league, Edge sucks.

578179[/snapback]

Sorry Waterman.

Unless you're Madame Cleo, I'm not buying what you're selling here.

Edge had 11 TD's in only 13 games last year and was tearing it up TD wise to end the season.

No way you could've known that this year, he'd be having a drought season, TD wise. All signs pointed to the exact opposite.

Sorry Waterman.

Edge had 11 TD's in only 13 games last year and was tearing it up TD wise to end the season.

No way you could've known that this year, he'd be having a drought season, TD wise. All signs pointed to the exact opposite.

578194[/snapback]

Don't worry Mr. Score not even Waterman is buying what he is selling.

I think Manning carrying the team by himself is great! This guy knows he has to run the score up to give his team a chance to win! We all know they have no defense! By running up the score, that take pressure off the defense and they don't have to try so hard every play! Does anyone think these pro players give a darn about fantasy football? They all play to win and to put the ring on one day!

Me, myself I love blow outs and teams running the score up! Every dog has his day! I'm sure when other teams get the chance to pay back Indy, they will, without second thought!

My oppenent this week started Stokley(23) and J. Jones(27) and I'm down by 50 points! That's just the way Fantasy Football is!

Sorry Waterman.

578194[/snapback]

Seeing Edge stuffed at the goal line 4 straight times was reason enough for me. And other previous games before that, that were on TV here.

Actually, all the threads whining about Manning only supports the fact that he is the single most important player in football right now.

578500[/snapback]

Undisputed MVP in my book.

With Corey Dillon in a distant second :D

Edited by Caveman_Nick

:D

Willing to admit that your boy Brady ain't fit to carry Peyton's jock?

578537[/snapback]

No.......

I'm willing to admit that Peyton Manning is having a season for the ages and that his team would still be decent without him, but not completely scary to anyone that plays them.

You know which one I'd pick if I needed a game winning drive, though :D

:D  Let's see...Never lost a playoff game vs. chokes plaayoffs away ever year...

You're not as smart as I thought you were.

578616[/snapback]

Which would ba a change that would more positively affect the team - plugging Peyton into the Patriots offense, or plugging Brady into the Colts offense?

Of course, I may be blinded by my intense dislike of Tom Brady. :D

Of course, I may be blinded by my intense dislike of Tom Brady.  :D

578634[/snapback]

I think this could have something to do with it. And let's face facts...it's not dislike, it's jealousy.

Could Manning have gotten this team to 9-1 with only David Givens and David Patten to throw to all season? Maybe, I don't know. He couldn't get the colts team there with skill players like James, Harrison, Wayne, Stokley, Clark, and Pollard, plus an NFL top 5 offensive line.

I'm not saying it's all his fault. I'm saying that he's the NFL MVP because of what he does on his team. And as good as Brady has been this year (actually amazing if you consider the hugh number of injuries on offense for the Pats), Dillon is the thing that will put them over the top this year.

I think this could have something to do with it.  And let's face facts...it's not dislike, it's jealousy.

Could Manning have gotten this team to 9-1 with only David Givens and David Patten to throw to all season?  Maybe, I don't know.  He couldn't get the colts team there  with skill players like James, Harrison, Wayne, Stokley, Clark, and Pollard, plus an NFL top 5 offensive line.

I'm not saying it's all his fault.  I'm saying that he's the NFL MVP because of what he does on his team.  And as good as Brady has been this year (actually amazing if you consider the hugh number of injuries on offense for the Pats), Dillon is the thing that will put them over the top this year.

578666[/snapback]

IMO, Tom Brady has no where near the abilities of Peyton Manning. Do you really think guys like Stokely, Wayne, and Clark are that great, or does Peyton make them look great (notice I left Harrison and James off of that list)? Yeah, Brady does a good job of managing his simpler offense, but you put him in the Colts offense, and I do not think he could do what Peyton does.

Could Peyton be 9-1 if he had the rest of the Patriots team around him? Sure. Having a defense certainly helps.