[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

betting league week 15

Dr. Sacrebleu

What Would Crispirons Do.

3 weeks left, Crispiron still has a commanding lead. It is imperative for all those trying to catch up to not only have stellar weeks, but for Crispirons to falter. It is thus of course important not to make the same picks as him. I tried to think like Crispirons, analyse his thought process, went out and bought a dime bag, to really become Crispiron, and then make sure I avoided those picks. Of course it was all a moot point as Crispi sent a really late drunken email that looked as if it had been typed by Homer Simpson....

But at least he sent his picks on time. Chavez and Spain were so busy with their bisexual death march getaway weekend that they sent me a postcard from their little B&B a day late.

Pittsburgh -10 At NY Giants 34

Washington -3.5 At San Francisco 37

At Atlanta -3.5 Carolina 42.5

At NY Jets -6 Seattle 41.5

At Philadelphia -12 Dallas 45.5

Minnesota -3 At Detroit 48

San Diego -9.5 At Cleveland 43

Buffalo pk At Cincinnati 44

At Green Bay -3.5 Jacksonville 40

At Chicago -1 Houston 36

At Tampa Bay -7.5 New Orleans 44

St. Louis -1 At Arizona 41.5

At Kansas City -1 Denver 53

Oakland -2.5 at Tennessee 47.5 

At Indianapolis -7.5 Baltimore 49.5

New England -9 At Miami 41

Crispirons

minn

green bay

tampa

seattletq

sacrebleu

cowboys

raiders

colts/raves under

Pats dolf under

Sarge

Was - 3.5

Carolina +3.5

Buf/Cincy over 44

Det/Minn under 48

Spain and Chavez

Buffalo pick

Houston+1

Washington -3.5

Pittsburgh-10

PITT -10

Washington San Francisco UNDER

BUF pk

JAX

sac, you are very entertaining with your thread titles. you have some, shall i say, oddball picks this week. the one that you have that i actually like is the ravens/colts under. i'm thinking the winner gets 27-28 pts and that would make it a good call for under. my original intentions, were to take the 4 highest spreads of the week and take the favorites. pitt -10, sandiego -10, philly -12.5, and new england -9. my thinking is i would get at least 2 to cover maybe 3. didn't pull the trigger on that and went with these picks. which were my original picks when the lines came out. i'm still sticking with that system of not changing the picks i like initially.

minn -3 @detroit. this is the only game that follows a 2 game losing streak bounceback. laying a small number against a division foe. vikes won 22-19 earlier at the metrodome. i don't think detroit will match points this time. this is a great play....maybe the best of the week.

green bay -4 vs. jags. jags pasted the bears last week in sunny fla. the tundra will not be as kind this week. the jags actually need this game more, but, with a gb win and falcons loss to carolina, green bay can actually entertain thoughts of being at home for a playoff game and a possible bye.

tampa -7 vs. new orleans. i played this game at -7. sac's line is at -7.5. betting this game, i would definetly buy that clip and play it at 7. the bucs have been a good play against the number at home all yr. i fully expect a nawlins laydown in this game.

seattle +6 @ jets. i played them last week and i think they make a nice run to win the division down the stretch. recommended as a strong moneyline play last week....(different thread). i see the seahawks as a nice value moneyline this week again. i don't see the jets blowing them out, either way.

Yeah, I kind of had to go and find some under the radar picks so as to not have any same bets as you.

The three bets I liked very much and avoided were Denver who IMO should cream KC, but since I avoided that pick I am hearing so much anti PLummer, Denver is done stuff that maybe I'm glad I didn't take em. New Orleans is due for a blow out loss, adn Tampa Bay seems like the team to do it. Minnesota giving only 3 points is insane!

Thei being said, I now hope that these 3 bets crash and burn, since you picked them, and I avoided them.

I also avoided the Carolina and Buffalo bet which seems like a radio favourite this week.

leaving me with some weird ones to chose from indeed.

Dallas +12. 12 points is a lot of points. If the Eagles decide to pack it in after 3 quarters with a 19 point lead, I can see dallas covering though.

Raiders -2.5 Not sure why I made this pick. In fact it's a really weird pick. I have been calling the Raiders the most overrated team in the NFL, and been making my bread and butter betting against them early in the season; and it is true that I said that tennessee was going to fall to pieces after a few over acheiving performances with McNair back. I have no idea why the Raiders are giving points in this contest. It should have been a pk game at best.

Feel good about the under of the Baltimore/Indy game. We are so used to Manning launching 3 TDs a game that we figure it's an automatic. Not against Baltimore, who has given up 3 passing TDs all season. Thought about betting on Baltimore to cover as well. Hey if they give me good money, I might even take Baltimore at the moneyline.

NE/Miami. 27-12. Good enough for me.

:D Very funny intro, Sac, and you definitely had some weird picks. This could be the week you make a big jump.

Just for kicks, I feel compelled to add my two cents again this week, mostly because there looks to be several good plays. I hope y'all don't mind.

Lock of the Week: Houston +1 -- CHI favored against a pro team? :D

Solid Plays:

-- MIN -3 (unfortunately for us Pack fans, the Vikes are going to destroy the kitties)

-- TEN +2.5 (Oakland sucks, Titans can score)

-- ARI +1 (Chris Chandler winning on the road? B) )

-- IND/BAL under (Colts scoring down lots, Ravens up slightly = less than 49)

-- CIN over BUF (Bills more overrated than Bengals, Bledsoe throws at least 2 picks)

-- SEA +6 (Seahawks seem to keep every game close and Jets aren't that good)

-- WAS -3.5 (If the Redskins can kick two field goals, they'll cover)

It's been a while since I've seen this many plays I like in one week.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

Veeeeerrrrrry interesting.

Crispirons goes 0-4 leaving the door open for, well pretty much everyone. As far as I can tell, no one is statistically out of it until crispie scores a point.

crisp 0-4

sacrebleu 3-0 monday night game pending

sarge 3-1

spain 3-1

chavez 2-2

giving us these standings:

Crisp 25-14-1

sacrebleu 24-13-2

sarge 21-18-1

chavez 18-21-1

spain 17-20-3

and swiss cheez goes 4-4, but he id 1-0 in SwissGOUDASTONEGRUYERECOLDLOCK of the week.

Edited by Dr. Sacrebleu

ok, so i lose to sarge in fusion for our conference championship game. ok, so i lose to a coworker with a crappy team in our work league playoffs.

going 0-4 here is p i s s i n g me off more than either of those losses. any other direction i would have went, i would have won at least 1 or 2 games. football was not very kind to crispirons this weekend. i actually won a few coins from the sportbook but it was next to nothing. must smoke lots of Josh Gordon to keep my sanity today. talk about being depressed for the holidays. oh well. wheres my onehitter????

Sigh.  :D  Yes they are that good.

622118[/snapback]

Yeah. I keep on betting against the Jets waiting for their house of cards team to be revealed. why do I have that sinking feeling that in the Superbowl, I'll still be betting aginst the Jets as 'weak' 12-4 team B)

Meanwhile, I've got a coldflucough that has me in bed all day woke up right before the 1 o'clock game figuring I had to lay down some dough on the Jet/Seattle. So like Crispy, I beleived in the Seahawks. Put down 30$ for them to beat the spread, and 20$ for them at the money line.

Of course Crispy had bet on Seattle in this little betting league.

It would seem that pure spite and malice wins every time: I was rooting against myself just for the pleasure of seeing Crisp knocked down a peg:shades:

I am a sick sick man. Basically throwing 50$ down the toilet for an outside chance of beating Crisp. :D

It would seem that pure spite and malice wins every time: I was rooting against myself just for the pleasure of seeing Crisp knocked down a peg:shades:

I am a sick sick man.  Basically throwing 50$ down the toilet for an outside chance of beating Crisp. :D

622295[/snapback]

:D Gambling is evil sometimes.

And, yes E&D, apparently the Jets ARE that good. I never even entertained the possibility that they would take the Hawks to the woodshed like that. Looks like Pennington is all healed up now.