[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jax at GB

1badfish

How will the weather effect Jax over all? I haven't watched but 1 or 2 Jag games this year. I know thier D was very tough early on in the year, but they have allowed teams to pass on them in the second half of the season.

Considering the cold weather, will the Jags D be able to shut down Farve's passing game or will thier even be a passong game. I am trying to decide if I'm going to start Walker or Lelie this week. I believe KC has been looking better lately. They may put up a good fight against the Broncos. I smell an upset. That being said either way Lelie will probably have an average day.

Anyway, how would you rate the Jags D for a cold day in GB and will GB chose to run the ball instead of passing?

I am also struggling.  On paper I like the Jimmy Smith vs GB defense VERY much.  But factoring in the weather I'm just not so sure if I shouldn't switch to another WR.

618239[/snapback]

Jeez I was worried about Walker(at least he's used to playing in the cold) but I would imagine Jimmy to have a rough day being a tropical guy. Before Jax he was in a dome stadium. I would be concerned about Smith's performance as well, you might go with a safer play. The upside is though that Lefty is one tough SOB and he might be able to pull it together with the passing game but I see Taylor pulling the load against a relatively weak GB run D. Good luck and thanks for the reply.

I dont think it so much the temperature as it is the wind...Last week had to be the worst Ive seen in a while and Favre still managed to toss a TD pass to Driver....I think the wind gusts were 30-40 mph last week. I dont think they are calling for a lot of wind this week.

here is what they are calling for on Sunday in GB...

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 12. Wind chill values between -16 and -6. Northwest wind between 7 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.

I am also struggling.  On paper I like the Jimmy Smith vs GB defense VERY much.  But factoring in the weather I'm just not so sure if I shouldn't switch to another WR.

618239[/snapback]

I've got the same issue. My only other choice is Deion Branch, and he hasn't exactly been hot lately, Brady spreads it around and Dillon will likely run up and down all day.

Fingers crossed Jimmy gets a couple of big plays for my local semi. We get a point for WR receptions.

I've got the same issue.  My only other choice is Deion Branch, and he hasn't exactly been hot lately, Brady spreads it around and Dillon will likely run up and down all day. 

Fingers crossed Jimmy gets a couple of big plays for my local semi.  We get a point for WR receptions.

618338[/snapback]

I could put in Hines Ward or TJ Houshmandezawhatever (also in a cold weather game)

Yeah ... I just don't believe I will be able to bench Jimmy for either of those guys

618358[/snapback]

I used to fiddle with my lineup a lot last year. I reached my SB, but I was lucky to do so because my original players tended to score a little more than the ones in the final lineup, so I scraped through when I could have sailed through. This year I decided to spend more time before actual lineup submission, then leave the thing alone (barring injury or similar event).

It's less stressful and it's worked, as I'm in my local semi. Jimmy stays. :D

Jimmy is the best thing I have in the playoffs!!

I have Clayton at home against the Saints...that is good

I am hoping LEFTY'S arm is strong enough to do aome damage against a secondary that isn't exactly great.

Get this....I have to decide between Ward, Mould and TJ Hous...

as my #3 WR....aarrggh the choices!!

Moulds and TJ are supposed to obe playing in some cold windy weather tomorrrow...COME ONE HINES!! SHOW US SOMETHING!!!

I dont think it so much the temperature as it is the wind...Last week had to be the worst Ive seen in a while and Favre still managed to toss a TD pass to Driver....I think the wind gusts were 30-40 mph last week.  I dont think they are calling for a lot of wind this week.

here is what they are calling for on Sunday in GB...

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 12. Wind chill values between -16 and -6. Northwest wind between 7 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.

618265[/snapback]

This is a good point; article in the local rag (to get internet access, you've gotta pay $30 a year, so take my word for it) talking to the GB receiviers basically got them to a consensus of "you can deal with the cold but the wind is freakin' IMPOSSIBLE"

Still, I'd downgrade Smith - I've seen plenty of warm-weather/dome teams get off the plane and QUIT at Lambeau. Jax is excited because of its the national game and they get to play at a legendary stadium, etc, but I think they're going to regret their "Bring 'em on!" as much as another person who uttered that phrase does.

618265[/snapback]

That may be the high temperature, but since this was moved to 3:15 CST, the game-time temperature will be colder than that.