[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

packers

cheezhed

I love the Packers, but this mediocrity isn't excusable anymore.

One of two things are going on-

A.) the players aren't responding to the coaches, therefore the coaches should be fired.

OR

B.) the players aren't talented enough, therefore the GM should be fired.

I don't care which one happens, as long as Sherman doesn't stay on as GM and give up coaching. Regardless, I think Rossley should go, he called a terrible game yesterday. Turnover after turnover...

KGB and Cletidus Hunt can not stop the run, we need a major overhaul on the D line. KGB can stay as a pass rusher, but Kampman should play for him on 1st down and we need a Marcus Spears type DE on the left side as a full time starter. Hunt sucks, he needs to go, I wanted Marcus Tubbs badly last draft.

Safety needs to improve, along with depth at LB, but the war is won in the trenches and our D line is not good enough.

I thought the Offense did pretty well yesterday against a Jags D that has played pretty well this year. The turnovers were killers. Brett made some really bad decisions/throws. The new relationship with Rossley developing gameplans and Sherman making the calls is working. Unfortunately, the since the defense is so bad the offense must be perfect for them to win.

Defensively they stunk again. When they are able put together a nice series of plays they blow it with a penalty. I don't know what else can be done to stop all of the pass interference, holding, and illegal contact penalties. The coaches claim they emphasize it in practice. They even made Carroll practice wearing boxing gloves last week. Like the announcers said the DBs appear to be in good position most of the time but can't seem to keep their hands to themselves.

Edited by A Little Bit Special

Defensively they stunk again. 

622232[/snapback]

enter the c-Pep & the boyz in 5 days. :D This game is HUGH on Friday night...... There's been so many meaningful Vikes-chedderhead games over the years.......this should be no different. With both these pitiful defenses..... there may be 60 points scored... :D.

My Viking-lover wife and I are going to be at the game on Christmas Eve. We bought semi-decent tickets a couple of months ago for $150+ apiece. I haven't looked, but I bet you couldn't find any seat for that price right now.

As for the Packers, Todd1's analysis is mostly correct, but once again, he's taking the typical-NFL-fan-fire-the-coach rant too far. The run defense is usually pretty decent, but yesterday I think our problems against the run fell on the shoulders of Mark Roman. I was drinking pretty heavily, but I remember at least a couple of times that he should have taken better angles on Fred Taylor. Instead, Taylor ran right past him. Before the season, I totally underestimated how poor we were at the safety position. Both Roman and Bhawoh Jue are unspeakably bad.

The biggest reason we lost yesterday was FIVE TURNOVERS. The team actually played pretty well considering our defense didn't get much rest. There aren't many teams in the NFL who could turn the ball over five times and only lose by three points.

Other than that, our biggest problem is probably the pass rush. Hunt isn't even coming close to justifying his contract and Grady Jackson doesn't penetrate well on passing downs. KGB does one thing well and Kampman does everything mediocre. We're just not good enough on the D-line. We need a stud DE who can play the run and we need a safety who doesn't make mental mistakes. If those things happen, our defense will be fine. Next year, I think we'll notice a significant improvement in the play of the CBs (Carroll and Thomas). By the way, I believe Al Harris is leading the league in passes defensed.

enter the c-Pep & the boyz in 5 days. :D This game is HUGH on Friday night...... There's been so many meaningful Vikes-chedderhead games over the years.......this should be no different. With both these pitiful defenses..... there may be 60 points scored... B).

622312[/snapback]

yeah, then they will have a whole nother half to play :D

My Viking-lover wife and I are going to be at the game on Christmas Eve. We bought semi-decent tickets a couple of months ago for $150+ apiece. I haven't looked, but I bet you couldn't find any seat for that price right now.

622860[/snapback]

Quick check on Ebay shows 6 sets of tix cheaper than that....don't know about locations..