[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

any Minny backfield news?

Avernus

What a joke the Minny RB situation is. Bennett, Moore, Smith, Williams. It is a joke, and to me is 1 of the reasons why Tice is a bad coach. 2 weeks ago it's Smith is my guy 100%. A bad game Bennett is the guy again. Moore was great for a while gets hurt and never gets looked at again. And even Moe gets some chances. Again this situation is a joke and I'd try and steer clear if I could.

Read this article. You'll like it.

623845[/snapback]

The ever-swaying pendulum of Vikings running backs could swing again this week.

While the starter won't be determined until coaches script the opening plays of Friday's game against Green Bay, it appears Michael Bennett has positioned himself to maintain regular playing time for the remainder of the season. Bennett produced 102 all-purpose yards in Sunday's 28-27 victory against Detroit, and while Onterrio Smith also will play, Bennett appears finally to have returned to the good graces of coaches.

"I just think Mike is hungry," coach Mike Tice said. "There is something to be said for being hungry."

Tice said last week was Bennett's best week of practice all season, and added: "It looks to me like the old Michael is back." That observation led to Bennett starting against the Lions and seeing action on about two-thirds of the Vikings' offensive plays.

:D

That meat head Tice must have frozen his brain up there. Bennett will break down this week and tice will name Curtis Enis his starter for next week because he likes his new haircut. What a moron. Like I said I vented in Fantasy advice under O. Smith heading and I am wondering who of the RBs are in FA/contract years.

I already posted this in the Advice forum, but since I thought it was a very interesting statistic attesting to Mike Tice's incompetence, I thought I'd post it here too.

I did some flipping through the game stats for the Vikings this season and check out what I found...In games in which any ONE Viking RB has had 15 carries or more, the Vikings are 6-0. In games where they've split carries and their primary RB that game had less than 15 carries, the Vikes are 2-6!!!

Switching out your RB every time he has a carry or two that doesn't please you means that your RB and offense never has a chance to get into a groove. The sad thing is that any one of Smith, Moore, Bennett or even Moe Williams is probably capable enough that if you gave them 15-20 carries a game they would be successful in that offense. Tice IS a Moran.