[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does Manning reach 50 against SD

Ramjets

How many TD's does Manning get this week?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How many TD's does Manning get this week?

• 0 = 47
    • 1 = 48
    • 2 = 49
    • 3 = 50
    • 3+

I think this is SD's week to get lit up. Their defense is decent, but Indy is about the best scoring machine I've seen in a long time.

I'm thinking 4 TDs......

625055[/snapback]

I think 4 TDs is reachable, I'll be a Rosie O'Donnell and vote two.

I think he wil get 4...You don't get any more overrated then San Diego..out of there 11 wins..only 2 of them have come to 500+ teams..I don't even think this one will be close.

625874[/snapback]

The Colts match up very well against SD, who have a rather poor pass defense. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers pulled the upset.

I can see three or more against my Boltz. I am surprised that others are thinking fewer!

I also think the Chargers are built to beat the Colts if any team is. They have just enough D and are making plays when needed. They have been suspect in the passing game, but part of that is by design. Shut down the run, make them one dimentional and try to take advantage of opportunities. A lot of the passing yards against the Chargers have been trash time, give it up, keep it in front and burn the clock, desperation yards. If they can hold the Colts to field goals...

Where the Chargers do match up well is the offense. DMD hit it prteey good this week! LT and that beefy O-line will put up yards running and Gates will KILL them if they try to cheat up in the box. The Chargers can win this game IF they shorten it by eating the clock and playing keep away from that track team.

Vegas had the line by 7 as of this morning. That surprised me because I thought it would be higher. Seems like there is more faith out there than this die-hard (and long suffering) Bolt fan!

I think this game could see both teams score in the 30s if it get away from them. In this scenario, the Colts have a big advantage and could run away with it. If the game is held to the mid-20s or lower, I think this plays to the Chargers favor.

Expect a heavy dose of LT this week. I think that they learned something about themselves last week in Cleveland. They CAN play Martyball and run the crap out of it if they have to. They had to, and still did it. Yes, Cleveland sucks right now, but Brees only threw SIX passes and they still pounded out 14 points in that weather (excluding Gates 73 yard TD pass). The Colts are playing better pass D, but they have smallish DBs that can be abused by Gates and Osgood, and are still suspect against the run, San Diego's strenght!

I see the Chargers putting up about 27 to 31 on the Colts, the question is does the D hold them to less than 27, or give up 35?

I can see three or more against my Boltz.  I am surprised that others are thinking fewer! 

I also think the Chargers are built to beat the Colts if any team is.  They have just enough D and are making plays when needed.  They have been suspect in the passing game, but part of that is by design.  Shut down the run, make them one dimentional and try to take advantage of opportunities.  A lot of the passing yards against the Chargers have been trash time, give it up, keep it in front and burn the clock, desperation yards.  If they can hold the Colts to field goals...

626198[/snapback]

As much as I respect what the Chargers have done this year, their secondary just doesn't match up with the Colts' passing game. If Brian Griese can throw all over them, Manning will have no problem.

I'd better shut up now before I jinx them. :D

As much as I respect what the Chargers have done this year, their secondary just doesn't match up with the Colts' passing game.  If Brian Griese can throw all over them, Manning will have no problem.

I'd better shut up now before I jinx them.   :D

626206[/snapback]

B)

Agreed! I think the Chargers can be considered the "chosen ones" if they can pull a win out of their a$$!

The only hope is an old standard, "More bad things can happen when you throw it than when you run it."

On that carpet, I don't see the Bolts keeping up. I can always hope, but the Chragers are still a years away and some SWEET #1s (thanx Ellie) from being a really solid D. They don't have the pass rush to make Manning twitchy the way he was against the Ravens. It would be a different game here in San Diego, grass slows them down a little!

I guess it is too much to ask for the same weather as in Cleveland. :D (I know it is a dome... don't go there goobers)

Edited by McBoog

What's the word on Bob Sanders?

626613[/snapback]

He is doubtful, but he did run today. Sanders and Dungy both sound optimistic about him playing. As long as there are no problems with swelling tomorrow, he should practice. If he can practice without problem, he will play.

Edited by CaptainHook

FWIW, I think that the Chargers could beat the Colts in a shoot-out.  How well the Colts secondary plays will determine the outcome of this game.

626608[/snapback]

Wow! That too me is amazing Bill. I look at it from the perspective that the game rides on the Chargers secondary. Interesting!

How do you think the Chargers can beat the Colts in a shootout (honest question, not sarcastic)? I think that is the worse case scenario for SD.

I still think the way the Chargers need to play it is this way.

Drop eight with a million different zone blitz schemes, this seems to make Manning more uncomfortable that a standard 4-3 (he has had more "trouble" with 3-4s this year). Make them try to beat you with Edge (which they can do. I just don't know if they are patient enough to try that). Speed the game up with LT on the ground to limit the number of possessions in the game (play "keep away"), make it a ground war in other words, and then try to be more efficient and opportunistic (two characteristics the Bolts HAVE had for a change this year).

I think the Colts win this game if they get up early (this is the only way they will get SD out of the ground game IMO, I don't see their D as being very successful at stopping LT this week) and make the Chargers play catch up through the air. I don't know if the young WR corps (Keenan is OUT) and Brees can handle that type of scoring pressure yet. They will make a good showing, but I don't see them, as of right now, being able to play tit-for-tat in the passing game. Sure, LT can be a factor in the passing game, but he is still not %100 and is not breaking the long YAC he did last year. He is getting run down by DBs that he smoked last year. I attribute that to his groin (he will be healthy next year though).

I am, as a Charger fan, really looking forward to this game! San DIego has so much more on the line if they win it that the Colts (from an emotional and maturing perspective). IF they can go into Indy and beat the Colts, it could be the last piece of the puzzle that helps them go all the way. A loss, leaves some doubt, a big loss would open the self-questioning. I do think the Chargers can walk out of this game with a "moral victory" even in loss, IF they play well and make it a great game!

I can see three or more against my Boltz.  I am surprised that others are thinking fewer! 

I also think the Chargers are built to beat the Colts if any team is.  They have just enough D and are making plays when needed.  They have been suspect in the passing game, but part of that is by design.  Shut down the run, make them one dimentional and try to take advantage of opportunities.  A lot of the passing yards against the Chargers have been trash time, give it up, keep it in front and burn the clock, desperation yards.  If they can hold the Colts to field goals...

Where the Chargers do match up well is the offense.  DMD hit it prteey good this week!  LT and that beefy O-line will put up yards running and Gates will KILL them if they try to cheat up in the box.  The Chargers can win this game IF they shorten it by eating the clock and playing keep away from that track team.

Vegas had the line by 7 as of this morning.  That surprised me because I thought it would be higher.  Seems like there is more faith out there than this die-hard (and long suffering) Bolt fan!

I think this game could see both teams score in the 30s if it get away from them.  In this scenario, the Colts have a big advantage and could run away with it.  If the game is held to the mid-20s or lower, I think this plays to the Chargers favor.

Expect a heavy dose of LT this week.  I think that they learned something about themselves last week in Cleveland.  They CAN play Martyball and run the crap out of it if they have to.  They had to, and still did it.  Yes, Cleveland sucks right now, but Brees only threw SIX passes and they still pounded out 14 points in that weather (excluding Gates 73 yard TD pass).  The Colts are playing better pass D, but they have smallish DBs that can be abused by Gates and Osgood, and are still suspect against the run, San Diego's strenght!

I see the Chargers putting up about 27 to 31 on the Colts, the question is does the D hold them to less than 27, or give up 35?

626198[/snapback]

HOMER!!

Wow!  That too me is amazing Bill.  I look at it from the perspective that the game rides on the Chargers secondary.  Interesting!

How do you think the Chargers can beat the Colts in a shootout (honest question, not sarcastic)?  I think that is the worse case scenario for SD.

I still think the way the Chargers need to play it is this way.

Drop eight with a million different zone blitz schemes, this seems to make Manning more uncomfortable that a standard 4-3 (he has had more "trouble" with 3-4s this year).  Make them try to beat you with Edge (which they can do.  I just don't know if they are patient enough to try that).  Speed the game up with LT on the ground to limit the number of possessions in the game (play "keep away"), make it a ground war in other words, and then try to be more efficient and opportunistic (two characteristics the Bolts HAVE had for a change this year).

627003[/snapback]

Agreed. The two most important things for SD are (1) run the hell out of LT to exploit Indy's soft Cover 2 defense and control the clock and (2) blitz often. In other words, do what the Ravens did during the first half of Sunday night's game. Unlike the Ravens, however, the Chargers need to force turnovers.

Manning's had more trouble with 3-4's because they're inherently better at defending the pass (especially against teams that run two-TE sets).

I think the Colts win this game if they get up early

I agree. Regardless of the outcome, however, it's going to be a great game.