[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning Pick at the Goal Line

Big Score 1

I know Manning's gunning for the record, but when you only need 3 yards (it was 2nd and 3 at the Bolts 6), why not let Edge get the 1st down?

Say they'd handed off to Edge and he got them to the 2. Now Manning's got three chances for the passing TD instead of only two.

Instead Indy went 2nd & 3, Manning pass incomplete intended for Wayne.

3rd & 3 Manning pass intended for Wayne...Intercepted by Donnie Edwards.

Oh Well :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Manning's gunning for the record, but when you only need 3 yards (it was 2nd and 3 at the Bolts 6), why not let Edge get the 1st down?

Say they'd handed off to Edge and he got them to the 2. Now Manning's got three chances for the passing TD instead of only two.

Instead Indy went 2nd & 3, Manning pass incomplete intended for Wayne.

3rd & 3 Manning pass intended for Wayne...Intercepted by Donnie Edwards.

Oh Well :D

631801[/snapback]

Quit hating on Manning............. :D

Edge just carried for nine yards. No worries, unless you are playing against him. :D

631820[/snapback]

Glad to hear he's back in.

I've got a side bet for a C Note that Edge out performs Tiki Barber Fantasy wise. As it stands before todays game, Tiki had Edge by 8 points in our leagues scoring format.

If Edge had gotten hurt and had to come out, bye bye Ben Franklin!

Agreed that you DON'T throw on 2nd and 3 from the 5.  Bad decision.

631852[/snapback]

Nice to see you aren't completely ignorant on how they should play good football.......... :D

Well it's 3rd and 1 from San Diegos 5. Lets see what Manning calls here.

631867[/snapback]

Man, they are struggling in the Red Zone. They called a run with James and he fumbles the ball (but Saturday recovered it for the Colts). So now they end up with just a FG again.

The weird thing is saturday recoverd at the 3 getting Indy the 1st down, but i guess he tried to advance it and ended up losing 2 yards putting them back at the 5 and in a 4th & 1 situation.

At least according to the NFL stats, that's how it played out.

Man, they are struggling in the Red Zone. They called a run with James and he fumbles the ball (but Saturday recovered it for the Colts). So now they end up with just a FG again.

631869[/snapback]

So, how many times has Edge fumbled in critical red zone situations this year? :D

This game is absolutely painful to watch.

So, how many times has Edge fumbled in critical red zone situations this year?  :D

This game is absolutely painful to watch.

631871[/snapback]

Don't forget, Manning's not only thrown the Pick at the 6 which not only got them 0 points, but San Diego converted that turn over into 7 points of their own, Manning has also fumbled today, at his own 27, which luckily for Indy, Edge recovered.

3-11-IND27 (11:58) (Shotgun) P.Manning sacked at IND 20 for -7 yards (D.Edwards). FUMBLES (D.Edwards), touched at IND 22, recovered by IND-E.James at IND 22. E.James to IND 25 for 3 yards (J.Fletcher). Sack of -2 yards

Donnie Edwards obviously came to play today and Manning isn't looking like the usual Manning so far.

But I'd be willing to bet donuts to dallars, Manning gets it figured out in the second half.

Don't forget, Manning's not only thrown the Pick at the 6 which not only got them 0 points, but San Diego converted that turn over into 7 points of their own, Manning has also fumbled today, at his own 27, which luckily for Indy, Edge recovered.

631876[/snapback]

And when did I ever say that Manning was having a good game? :D

Don't forget about Edge's TWO fumbles in the red zone in New England in September (one on the goal line). That cost them the game.

Edge is certainly a great back and has had his share of great games, but I'm sick of people ripping on Manning but giving Edge a free pass whenever he fu@ks up.

Edge is certainly a great back and has had his share of great games, but I'm sick of people ripping on Manning but giving Edge a free pass whenever he fu@ks up.

631879[/snapback]

Conversely, I think a lot of people are equally sick of everybody (incl' announcers) slobbing Peyton's knob, but giving him a free pass whenever he f@cks up!

Look this whole Edge Manning thing is a joke. Manning is the best QB and Edge is one of the best RB's period. But what would scare me if I were a Colts fan is I think they are a soft team mentally and phisically. That is a problem if you ask me.

631872[/snapback]

That's a good point. If you remember back they asked Peyton about what he thought about his brother's performance after the Baltimore game IIRC. Peyton said something that said something that might indicate how the Colts might perform against playoff teams. He said that the Colts hadn't played any defenses as tough as the one's Eli had faced. Well they did play the Jags and the Patriots at the point and they were a combined 1-2 vs those teams.

The Colts offense pretty much had a gift of a schedule getting to play some pretty bad defenses. The best defense they played after the second Jax game was against Detroit and they're giving up 22 points a game.

The Colts defense plays off their offense. When the Colts jump out to a lead Freeney becomes that much faster when he knows the opposing QB has to pass. Peyton didn't look good last week and he isn't looking good this week. He's playing against quality defenses and isn't being able to Playstation his way down the field...........