[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I want to see the Colts VS Steelers

steeler

I'll be rooting for the Colts to score 49 on the Pats too (although I realize that's unlikely) because I really want to see the Colts and Steelers play this year.

Maybe I'm a glutton or sadist or whatever, but I really want to see these two different style teams match up and I'd like to see how the Steelers D would fare against Manning in "the greatest QB season ever".

Plus, if the Colts are in the game all the talk will be about them, about Mannings record setting year, and about how they exersized the demons from last year by beating the Pats, etc... all this would be good for the Steelers because the focus wouldn't be squarely on them.

If it's the Steelers and Pats all the talk would be about how the Steelers pulzerized them the first time the team's met.

Finally, I think the Steelers running game would totally dominate the Colts and that they'd be in control throughout the game.... and that would be fun to watch.

Hopefully both teams will win and that's the AFC matchup we get.

It would be interesting to see a Colts/Steelers AFC championship game. I like both teams a lot, but I also love watching The Jets (Pennington) play. I'll be satisfied if the NFC championship is 2 out of those 3 teams. It would be fitting to have the Colts/Steelers though. They both have gotten stronger as the season went on.

I'm up for The Eagles overall. It would be great to have an Eagles/Steelers Superbowl. If that's the case, I bet the whole country would be up for The Steelers unless they're already Eagles' fans.

Normally, I'd like winter weather - real football weather, but with an Indy/Steelers game, I would like perfect weather. I'd like to see if the Steelers could beat Manning without the help of inclement weather. It would be a real test for them. I bet it would get a tremendous amount of people watching the game.

Gosh, it's going to be hard waiting 'till Saturday before we see the next round of games. The game of the week next week: INDY @ NE. Again, please no snow. I truly would like Manning to destroy NE.

I'll be rooting for the Colts to score 49 on the Pats too (although I realize that's unlikely) because I really want to see the Colts and Steelers play this year.

Maybe I'm a glutton or sadist or whatever, but I really want to see these two different style teams match up and I'd like to see how the Steelers D would fare against Manning in "the greatest QB season ever".

Plus, if the Colts are in the game all the talk will be about them, about Mannings record setting year, and about how they exersized the demons from last year by beating the Pats, etc... all this would be good for the Steelers because the focus wouldn't be squarely on them.

If it's the Steelers and Pats all the talk would be about how the Steelers pulzerized them the first time the team's met.

Finally, I think the Steelers running game would totally dominate the Colts and that they'd be in control throughout the game.... and that would be fun to watch.

Hopefully both teams will win and that's the AFC matchup we get.

647545[/snapback]

You'd better hope your team is not looking ahead the way you are steeler! You know what I'm talkin' about...J-E-T-S. Go Green.

You'd better hope your team is not looking ahead the way you are steeler!  You know what I'm talkin' about...J-E-T-S.  Go Green.

648174[/snapback]

Lets see if Jets fans have learned their lesson yet. Sig line bet ?????

I agree that the Jets could suprise some people this week.

Pennington looks much more confident then he has been since returning from injury.

The type of game both the Jets and Steelers play means this game will be close, and one big play or turnover will be the difference.

This weekend showed that anybody can beat anybody, and it also showed how weak the AFC West actually was.

Oh yeah, like the bitchslap in '01 at Heinz???    :D

648333[/snapback]

I love this comeback by the Pats fans. That game was three years ago and the rosters have changed quite a bit since then.

Colts vs. Jets in Championship Game.......in INDY!!!!

That'd be another 40+ points.

While I am not a Steeler fan, you cannot help but admire how good they've performed this year, including (or especially) the kid. But this game will be close no matter what, the way the two teams play. So if the kid makes a mistake or two (which couldn't be overly surprising in his first playoff game), that could be enough. Don't get me wrong, I do think the Steelers are better, and I think they will probably win, but I can't say I'll be greatly surprised if the Jets pull it off. I think everyone is wondering "who the Steelers will play" and forgetting that the answer to that should be "the Jets."

Glad to see some manly fans hoping for good weather in the event of an Indy-Steelers show down. Put your best against our best, that sort of thing. You don't hear that (at least aloud) from every other team's fans.

Pats run stops Sunday. Carson Palmer threw for three hundred yards in three quarters, I think Manning will "step up" this time.

Colts over Pats

Jets over Steelers

Colts over Jets. What the heck, I'll be the first sucker to call it this way.

I love this comeback by the Pats fans.  That game was three years ago and the rosters have changed quite a bit since then.

648407[/snapback]

Yes, quite a bit. The biggest being the Steelers finding a QB that can manage a game, doesn't turn the ball over, and makes the big play when needed.

IMO, what this year has shown is.........

With the defense and running game of the Steelers over the last 8 years, relying on Kordell and Maddux cost Pittsburgh an unknown amount of Div, Conf, and SB titles. :D

Hey, all I said was don't overlook the Jets, but it turns into "ha ha, it's because the Pats are afraid of Pittsburgh", typical comeback from the Steelers fans.

Edited by Patsfan04

Yes, quite a bit.  The biggest being the Steelers finding a QB that can manage a game, doesn't turn the ball over, and makes the big play when needed.

IMO, what this year has shown is.........

With the defense and running game of the Steelers over the last 8 years, relying on Kordell and Maddux cost Pittsburgh an unknown amount of Div, Conf, and SB titles.  :D

Hey, all I said was don't overlook the Jets, but it turns into "ha ha, it's because the Pats are afraid of Pittsburgh", typical comeback from the Steelers fans.

648440[/snapback]

VERY good post. I completely agree with your assessment of Kordell and Tommy. In Kordell's case, he was the most difficult player I have ever watched. He had talent, and sometimes looked downright phenomenal, but when the big game came, he showed his true colors time and time again. As for Maddox, I will never utter a negative word about him. He did the best he could with his god-given talent. He is an immobile QB who can throw well if given adequate time, but put pressure on him and he is an interception and/or fumble waiting to happen.

This Steeler fan is not overlooking the Jets at all. They played the Steelers 'O' very well several weeks ago and they are definitely a formidable opponent. The Steelers do have the homefield advatage, and the fact that the Jets played an extra quarter in a tough, physical game, and I think that the Steelers are overall more talented, but I do think the Jets are more than capable of pulling the upset. However, I believe that the Steelers will show up playing hard with minimal mistakes and pull out the win.

Colts vs. Jets in Championship Game.......in INDY!!!!. . .

Colts over Jets.  What the heck, I'll be the first sucker to call it this way.

648435[/snapback]

You brought a tear to my eye.

I've got my tickets to the AFC Championship game, if it were to held in Indy, sitting here on my desk. I have a feeling I'm not going to be using them. :D

Broncos - why Falcons?      I'm going to guess - another Eagles hater + Martz hater +  Moss hater.    Am I right?

647846[/snapback]

:DB):D:DB):yay:

Eagles in the NFC champ is a joke

Martz why don't you go have another note written so you can get your *** respect back

Moss hater---hmmmmm... Did you see Favre's give up pass :D

Colts vs. Falcons in superbowl!!

647840[/snapback]

Yep, I'd say thats a correct statement. Eagles without TO are ordinary, and I just can't believe that Tice or Martz (he!!, I thought they would be gone in the first round) will be able to get there. Making the Falcons the best the NFC has.

Oh, and steeler, careful what you wish for.....