[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets Fans - Sigline/Avatar Bet ?

Menudo

O.K., so we now have the folowing contestants:

Jets: Easy n Dirty, Vet

Steelers: Menudo, Steeler, Skippy

Terms: Loser wears the other teams official logo as their avatar and the sigline of the winner's choice until the winning team either loses in the playoffs or, if they win the Super Bowl, up until one week after the Super Bowl

Jets Sig if Steelers win:

I, Insert Foolish Jets fans name here, have foolishly thought that my Jets could defeat the all-mighty Pittsburgh Steelers. I made this mistake a month ago, and I have repeated the mistake again. It will never happen again, because I know that with Ben Roethlisberger at the helm, the Steelers will rule the entire AFC for many years to come. I only wish that Chad Pennington was 1/4 the QB that Big Ben is. The Steelers are a complete team and my j-o-k-e-s don't even have their own stadium. We backed our way into the playoffs and did not even't have the right to share the same field as the great Pittsburgh Steelers. Bill Cowher is the greatest coach in the game today and I am envious of all Steeler fans for getting to take part in what is destined to be another Steeler Dynasty. WE'VE GOT A FEELING, PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL. HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!! TRIPLE YOI !!!!!

Steelers Sig if Jets win:

I, (-----), acknowlege that I know very little about football. All I know, I learned when I was seven years old – back in the ‘70’s when the Steelers were a formidable team. I used to sit in my little Pittsburgh Steeler pajamas (the ones with the knees worn out) and root for Terry Bradshaw to throw another long one to Lynn Swann. I thought I was cool as I waved my terrible towel in front of my first grade classmates. Yes, I admit that I deviated from time to time – During most of the 80’s I was a 49er fan. In the early 90’s I wore a Troy Aikman jersey, before trading it in for a new fangled John Elway #7 shirt later in the decade. But now, I’m back to the Steelers. My old Steelers jammies don’t fit quite as well as they used to (with my beer gut and fat ass and all), but last season – once the Steelers got good again - I dug them out of my drawer and poured myself into them again. I admit, however, that I got a bit carried away. I actually thought that the Steelers – perennial playoff chokers that they are – could beat the Jets with everything on the line. Oh how wrong I was! The mighty Jets schooled me. They taught me more about football in one Saturday afternoon than I had learned in a lifetime. All I can do is tip my cap and call the Jets my Daddies.

So, I'm wondering if any Jets fans want to roll the dice again on a sigline + avatar bet. The loser must wear the sigline of the opposing team's choice for 1 month and must also wear the other team's logo for 1 month. So, is anyone game ????

:D

Edited by Menudo

So, I'm wondering if any Jets fans want to roll the dice again on a sigline + avatar bet.  The loser must wear the sigline of the opposing team's choice for 1 month and must also wear the other team's logo for 1 month.  So, is anyone game ????

:D

648204[/snapback]

I'd take the bet and give you points if you'd just get rid of that stupid avatar. WTH kinda name is Menudo anyway? :D

My cup runneth over with not one, but two Steeler fans up top of the message board offering me up their sig lines, each with all sorts of convoluted terms that might require a long-form contract before we're done.

Well, I took a business law class once too, here's what I propose - the mighty Steelers are playing at home and are favored by a staggering 9 points!!! I have no interest in getting points, because we have no interest in losing by 8 points or less to the overhyped Big Ben and friends. But it does seem like I should be getting some sort of odds - I propose that if the Steelers win, I'll wear the assigned sig line/avatar for however long the bet is , let's say 2 weeks for sake of example. But if the mighty and unbeatable Steelers lose, then you should wear it for four weeks. Whaddya' think?

My cup runneth over with not one, but two Steeler fans up top of the message board offering me up their sig lines, each with all sorts of convoluted terms that might require a long-form contract before we're done.

Well, I took a business law class once too, here's what I propose - the mighty Steelers are playing at home and are favored by a staggering 9 points!!!  I have no interest in getting points, because we have no interest in losing by 8 points or less to the overhyped Big Ben and friends.  But it does seem like I should be getting some sort of odds - I propose that if the Steelers win, I'll wear the assigned sig line/avatar for however long the bet is , let's say 2 weeks for sake of example.  But if the mighty and unbeatable Steelers lose, then you should wear it for four weeks.  Whaddya' think?

648247[/snapback]

I have no problem with these terms.

Everyone knows that the line is just to get betters to put money on the game. This is the playoffs, EnD. Have some faith in your Jets. The last time these two teams played you guys were all eager for a rematch.

I'm in with whatever the lawyers work out for details.

Sigline bets with "odds" factored in are weak  :D

648301[/snapback]

Everyone knows that the line is just to get betters to put money on the game. This is the playoffs, EnD. Have some faith in your Jets. The last time these two teams played you guys were all eager for a rematch.

648301[/snapback]

:DB) Now, now, don't go gettin' all worked up. I was just goofin' around, wanted to see if I could get a reaction. I forgot to check my Message Board Code of Conduct beforehand. :D

As is, unless and until another Jets fan joins me here (Rovers, you out there?), I'm getting 3 to 1 odds from you maroons anyway. I'm in, whatever the customary terms and conditions are. I would suggest sig lines and avatars be at stake, given the magnitude of this one, and I like steelers' proposal from the other thread that the duration of the bet be howver long the winning team remains in the playoffs.

Paul Hackett showed me something Saturday night against the Chargers. It'll be tougher to do against the Steelers because they unlike San Diego can muster up a pass rush, but I believe that if the Jets air it out again this weekend that they have a reasonable shot at pulling off the upset.

As is, unless and until another Jets fan joins me here (Rovers, you out there?), I'm getting 3 to 1 odds from you maroons anyway.  I'm in, whatever the customary terms and conditions are.  I would suggest sig lines and avatars be at stake, given the magnitude of this one, and I like steelers' proposal from the other thread that the duration of the bet be howver long the winning team remains in the playoffs.

648456[/snapback]

Is this confirmed, on these terms?

I would suggest sig lines and avatars be at stake, given the magnitude of this one, and I like steelers' proposal from the other thread that the duration of the bet be howver long the winning team remains in the playoffs.

Is this confirmed, on these terms?

651388[/snapback]

Yes, sounds good.... and I'll go out on a limb and say Menudo accepts too.

Yes, sounds good.... and I'll go out on a limb and say Menudo accepts too.

652555[/snapback]

Thanks Steeler, I, of course, am in !!!!!! You should feel honored EnD, you will be losing to the "Official Steeler Poet" :D Sorry for the bragging, I'm just proud that they put my poems up.

O.k. EnD, here is your sigline that you will be wearing until the Steelers lose, which should be pre-season of next year. If you want to waste your time writing one, in case Pigs start flying around, feel free.... :D If my fellow Steeler compadres want to make any changes, do so.

I, Insert Foolish Jets fans name here, have foolishly thought that my Jets could defeat the all-mighty Pittsburgh Steelers. I made this mistake a month ago, and I have repeated the mistake again. It will never happen again, because I know that with Ben Roethlisberger at the helm, the Steelers will rule the entire AFC for many years to come. I only wish that Chad Pennington was 1/4 the QB that Big Ben is. The Steelers are a complete team and my j-o-k-e-s don't even have their own stadium. We backed our way into the playoffs and did not even't have the right to share the same field as the great Pittsburgh Steelers. Bill Cowher is the greatest coach in the game today and I am envious of all Steeler fans for getting to take part in what is destined to be another Steeler Dynasty. WE'VE GOT A FEELING, PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL. HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!! TRIPLE YOI !!!!!

Edited by Menudo

I have updated the first message in this thread with the contestants, the rules, and the sig that EnD will be wearing Saturday evening through the middle of February. :D

I will post your sig line after the game. I may not get to it until Monday morning, but rest assured I will not forget. And I might even come up with a different one for Menudo then for steeler and Skippy (hint - Menudo's will rhyme).

I must admit, the beginning of the sig line you drafted did make me laugh ("I made this mistake a month ago, and I have repeated this mistake again.").

Allright - I'm in!

I propose the following (subject to modification following input of my fellow Jet fans):

I, (-----), acknowlege that I know very little about football. All I know, I learned when I was seven years old – back in the ‘70’s when the Steelers were a formidable team. I used to sit in my little Pittsburgh Steeler pajamas (the ones with the knees worn out) and root for Terry Bradshaw to throw another long one to Lynn Swann. I thought I was cool as I waved my terrible towel in front of my first grade classmates. Yes, I admit that I deviated from time to time – During most of the 80’s I was a 49er fan. In the early 90’s I wore a Troy Aikman jersey, before trading it in for a new fangled John Elway #7 shirt later in the decade. But now, I’m back to the Steelers. My old Steelers jammies don’t fit quite as well as they used to (with my beer gut and fat ass and all), but last season – once the Steelers got good again - I dug them out of my drawer and poured myself into them again. I admit, however, that I got a bit carried away. I actually thought that the Steelers – perennial playoff chokers that they are – could beat the Jets with everything on the line. Oh how wrong I was! The mighty Jets schooled me. They taught me more about football in one Saturday afternoon than I had learned in a lifetime. All I can do is tip my cap and call the Jets my Daddies.

I will post your sig line after the game.  I may not get to it until Monday morning, but rest assured I will not forget.  And I might even come up with a different one for Menudo then for steeler and Skippy (hint - Menudo's will rhyme).

I must admit, the beginning of the sig line you drafted did make me laugh ("I made this mistake a month ago, and I have repeated this mistake again.").

654895[/snapback]

Yeah, I don't blame you, there is no sense wasting your time writing something that you will never get to use anyway !!!! :D

I wrote mine early, because I will be busy celebrating Saturday evening and won't want to have to stop to write a sig line.

Actually, EnD, it has been fun debating you during both of these Steeler-Jets weeks. Good luck.

Edited by Menudo

Yeah, I don't blame you, there is no sense wasting your time writing something that you will never get to use anyway !!!!  :D

I wrote mine early, because I will be busy celebrating Saturday evening and won't want to have to stop to write a sig line.

Actually, EnD, it has been fun debating you during both of these Steeler-Jets weeks.  Good luck.

654916[/snapback]

And good luck to you as well Menudo.

Funny sig line, vet. I would simply request that you add something along the lines of: I also promise to stop shouting out stupid slogans that make no sense. Triple yoi my ass!

Allright - I'm in!

I propose the following (subject to modification following input of my fellow Jet fans):

I, (-----), acknowlege that I know very little about football.  All I know, I learned when I was seven years old – back in the ‘70’s when the Steelers were a formidable team.  I used to sit in my little Pittsburgh Steeler pajamas (the ones with the knees worn out) and root for Terry Bradshaw to throw another long one to Lynn Swann.  I thought I was cool as I waved my terrible towel in front of my first grade classmates.  Yes, I admit that I deviated from time to time – During most of the 80’s I was a 49er fan.  In the early 90’s I wore a Troy Aikman jersey, before trading it in for a new fangled John Elway #7 shirt later in the decade.  But now, I’m back to the Steelers.  My old Steelers jammies don’t fit quite as well as they used to (with my beer gut and fat ass and all), but last season – once the Steelers got good again - I dug them out of my drawer and poured myself into them again.  I admit, however, that I got a bit carried away.  I actually thought that the Steelers – perennial playoff chokers that they are – could beat the Jets with everything on the line.  Oh how wrong I was!  The mighty Jets schooled me.  They taught me more about football in one Saturday afternoon than I had learned in a lifetime.  All I can do is tip my cap and call the Jets my Daddies.

654915[/snapback]

:D:D

Allright - I'm in!

654915[/snapback]

Nice work on the sigline! That thing is brutal as it taps into the thing that most Steeler fans would dislike the most.... rooting for antoher team.