[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady is better then Manning.....

uglytuna

"Name another "choke" besides that AFC Championship game. "

WILD CARD @NYJ L 41-0  14 31 137 45.2 4.42 17 0 2 1 31.2 1 2 2.0 2 0

651576[/snapback]

Ooh, I was hoping one of you guys would bring that up. Do you recall that game? I doubt it. Jets scored first 7-0. Manning leads Colts into FG range, and Vandy misses. Jets take over, kick a FG. 10-0. Jets kick-off, Troy Walter fumbles the kick-off. Jets recover. They score again. 17-0, and the Colts have had the ball ONE TIME on offense. Colt receivers dropped 8 balls that day. Mannings INT's didn't come until late in the game. Manning was the only Colt who DID NOT give up or "choke". And if you'd watched that game, you'd know that.

How could I forget!  Did the Patriots even make the play-offs that year?  Who won the AFC East that year anyway? :D

651620[/snapback]

The Pats and Jets tied for the AFC East, the Jets won the tie breaker based on a 8-4 to 7-5 advantage in common games.

And oh yeah, wasn't that the year sandwiched between the 2 Superbowl Wins? :D

Pats went 11-5, 9-7, 14-2, 14-2 in the Tom Brady era.

As you can see below, a non-playoff season can be sandwiched between 2 playoff seasons, but 6-10? B)

Peyton Era

1998: 3-13

1999: 13-3 1st Rnd Bye, Lost AT HOME to Titans

2000: 10-6 Lost at Miami

2001: 6-10

2002: 10-6 Lost at Jets

2003: 12-4 Won AT HOME vs Denver, Won @ KC, Lost @ NE

2004: 12-4 Won AT HOME vs Denver

As I recall, the Patriots had to win at Pittsburgh to reach the Superbowl, which was played in a dome against a dome team.

Edited by Patsfan04

Wasn't Tom Brady on the team when the Patriots went 5-11 in 2000? I guess he just wasn't ready, or good enough, to help them win.

The 2001 Colts were doing allright until they lost Edgerrin James to a torn ACL. And when they lost him, it was down the tubes. But, there was a positive. By being 6-10, the Colts got to draft Dwight Freeney. :D

Edited by CaptainHook

Wasn't Tom Brady on the team when the Patriots went 5-11 in 2000?  I guess he just wasn't ready, or good enough, to help them win.

The 2001 Colts were doing allright until they lost Edgerrin James to a torn ACL.  And when they lost him, it was down the tubes.

651764[/snapback]

Tom Brady was no the starting QB at this time. Some guy named Bledsoe was. Brady was just a late round, develepmental project, rookie quarterback.

After reading the thread title, I couldn't bring myself to reading any of it, or the replies. I could just think of one thing...

UT... You are a dip$hit!

McB :D:D G

Wasn't Tom Brady on the team when the Patriots went 5-11 in 2000?  I guess he just wasn't ready, or good enough, to help them win.

The 2001 Colts were doing allright until they lost Edgerrin James to a torn ACL.  And when they lost him, it was down the tubes.  But, there was a positive.  By being 6-10, the Colts got to draft Dwight Freeney. :D

651764[/snapback]

So are you saying the Colts success goes to Edgerrin James? Why did the Colts lose 4 games this year?

Ugly :D Tuna

Nice comeback, but in my book, the era begins when the person takes over the team/starting job.

5-11 Signified the end of the Drew Bledsoe error.

Someone else mentioned on this thread that home field advantage is something that is earned, not given.

Brady's Playoff Record: 6-0 overall

Home 3-0

Road 1-0

Neutral 2-0 :D

Manning's Playoff Record: 3-4 overall

Home 2-1

Road 1-3

Indy's playoff record is getting much better, and I am just hoping the Pats can eak this one out.

Edited by Patsfan04

Nice comeback, but in my book, the era begins when the person takes over the team/starting job.

5-11 Signified the end of the Drew Bledsoe error.

Someone else mentioned on this thread that home field advantage is something that is earned, not given.

Brady's Playoff Record:  6-0 overall

Home  3-0

Road  1-0

Neutral 2-0  :D

Manning's Playoff Record: 3-4 overall

Home  2-1

Road  1-3

Indy's playoff record is getting much better, and I am just hoping the Pats can eak this one out.

651784[/snapback]

Not to mention the Brady is undefeat in overtime....

Remember Colts fans Denver didn't even deserve to be in the playoffs.

So are you saying the Colts success goes to Edgerrin James?  Why did the Colts lose 4 games this year?

651783[/snapback]

No. I never said that. In 2001 the loss of Edgerring James, combined with the loss of several defensive players, led to the 6-10 season.

Brady's Playoff Record:  6-0 overall

Home  3-0

Road  1-0

Neutral 2-0  :D

651784[/snapback]

Well, as long as we're giving credit where it's due, isn't that road win at Pittsburgh really Drew Bledsoe's? :D

Keep talking while you can. . .

651803[/snapback]

Hey I never said Manning was a great QB. I measure success of a QB by the rings on his fingers. Forever in my mind Montana will always be better then Marino.

Can you argue both ways? sure...but your pulling hairs..

In the modern day NFL, Brady is Montana and Manning is Marino and Favre is Elway,.

Uglyness!

Well, as long as we're giving credit where it's due, isn't that road win at Pittsburgh really Drew Bledsoe's? :D

651793[/snapback]

Brady started the game, and left with a lead (I believe a 14-3 lead).

I will give him the win.

And UT has driven me from this topic, you should do the same. :D