[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How bout a Vikings-Eagles Score prediction?

GWPFFL BrianW

I think this is a very intriguing matchup.

With TO I loved the Eagles chances of getting to the Super Bowl. And I couldn't see anybody in Minnesota's secondary shutting TO down, even as great as Winfield is.

Then when they lost TO to the injury I felt that may have deflated them too much, emotionally.

Then I started thinking about the idea that they may just have a big enough chip on their shoulder to pull it off without TO. Kind of a, "We'll show you mentality".

But the real question is, can the Eagles score enough points to keep up with C-pep and the Vikings if their offense is clicking.

And when I have to answer that question I just have to say, no I don't think they can.

Without TO Philly becomes a 3 TD per game Team at best, toss in a FG or 2 and they might get all the way to 27 - 30 Points. So for them to win they will have to keep Minnesota to less than 27 - 30 points. That's not easy to do. The Vikings have scored at least 27 points 10 times out of their 17 games played to date.

I think Minnesota will win

34-27.

Now if C-pep will just not lose 2 fumbles, I might be right.

Eagles 24

Vikings 21

Also an article mentioning some "different wrinkles" the Vikes may try on offense this week. I wonder if one of them has Randy throwing the ball again...or maybe Randy will be baring some of his "wrinkles" during the game for all to see this time...:D

Vikings add new twists.

Posted on Thu, Jan. 13, 2005

Vikings to add new twists

Daunte Culpepper said Wednesday the Vikings' offense would have some "different wrinkles" for the Eagles in their playoff game Sunday in Philadelphia. Asked for some hints, the Pro Bowl quarterback declined to elaborate.

Offensive coordinator Scott Linehan confirmed a few new twists are planned for the Eagles, who defeated Minnesota 27-16 in a Monday night game Sept. 20 in Philadelphia.

"We'll do a couple of new things," he said, "but they're going to have new wrinkles for us, too."

Linehan was asked if the Vikings might add a trick play. "Maybe," he said.

Edited by Gunther