[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots vs. Steelers

broncosn05

Next weekend is yet another important week of these playoffs. The Steeler host the Patriots and will like they always do start up the running game. But in a highly antisipated game the Patriots conquered the Colts giving up only 3 points.

My prediction is Steelers -24 and Patriots- 20

Opinions??

broncosn05 Posted 1/17/05 04:07am

Next weekend is yet another important week of these playoffs. The Steeler host the Patriots and will like they always do start up the running game. But in a highly antisipated game the Patriots conquered the Colts giving up only 3 points.

My prediction is Steelers -24 and Patriots- 20

Opinions??

Just keep picking against the Pats. It's working for us so far. :D

Personally, I think the fact the Pats had never seen Roethlisberger play before worked to his favor. Now that he's got some games under his belt there will be a book on him for the Pats to use in planning a defensive scheme. The Jets did a fine job slowing him down this week. But for a couple successful kicks, they'd be on vacation now.

If Brady can play a decent game, cutting down on his own errors, I think the Pats win a very hard fought game.

17-10 Pats.

I think it's pretty much dead even, but if I had to pick I'd say Pats win 17-14 (being a homer allows me to give my team a 3 point cushion).

At this point, I'm just relieved the Pats are moving on (props to the Colts again for a sick season) and am looking forward to watching the game . . .

I'm gonna pick the Steelers to win a close game...

Pitt 16

NE 13

However, I'm worried about this game because in the Steelers/Pats first meeting EVERYTHING went the Steelers way and to their credit they won going away. However, that game will have no bearing on this game except to provide some added incentive to the Pats (not that they'd need it, or overlook the Steelers).

The Steelers will have to crank up the running game and control the clock like they did in the first meeting to have any chance. If Ben throws 30 passes the Steelers probably wont win.

I'm hoping that it will be somewhat difficult for them to scheme agaisnt a smash mouth running team... what can they do besides put 8 in the box :D

It should be an awesome game. And the winner will crush the NFC opponent in the SB.