[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

moss snafu vs peyton snafu

Dr. Sacrebleu

Everyone jumped on Moss for messing up the fake field goal play, and the TV analysts only showed during halftime IIRC that in fact there were 12 men on the field, so the fault goes to another player (though randy should have gone through with the play resulting in a penalty and they still could have kicked the FG) clearly Moss' Vikining teammates, some of whose job it is to count how many players are on the field are the ones that yealled at Moss to get off the field.

During the Pats-Colts game, the Colts went with a cute play when Peyton went through his fake audibling charade and they snapped it to Egderin. If I understand correctly, the play, that worked BTW, would have been legal if Peyton hadn't put his hands under center thus 'setting' the QB. Is Peyton responsible for this SNAFU, and everyone is giving him a pass, or was there no way the play was ever legal (thus clearly the coaches fault)

There's no way to know if it was Manning's fault or not. If it was something they went over when practicing it then yeah, Manning screwed it up. But by the way they reacted when the officials threw the flag neither the coaches nor the Indy players thought about Manning being 'set' under center in which case it would be the coaches fault. It doesn't matter either way and you're never going to hear Manning or Dungy lay the blame.

That had to be called from the bench, I thought the call sucked. When you have that much talent, line up 3 wide and run your offense.

Moss looked like he didn't know he was supposed to be out there. I have a hard time believing he was counting players when his back was to the field.

Moss looked like he didn't know he was supposed to be out there. I have a hard time believing he was counting players when his back was to the field.

657999[/snapback]

Of course he wasn't counting the players on the field, his teammates on the sideline were. And obviously more than one of them was yelling at Moss to get off the field, even though Moss was going along with the plan originally.

Indy didn't know the rule, it was a good call, but they should have had someone in the booth with at least as much knowledge of the rulebook as the refs.

(or they blew an inadvertant whisltle, realized they (refs) blew it and made up a rule on the spot)

Either way, pats still win. The best game I have watched this year.

Of course he wasn't counting the players on the field, his teammates on the sideline were.  And obviously more than one of them was yelling at Moss to get off the field, even though Moss was going along with the plan originally.

658097[/snapback]

Corey Withrow came on the field, as he does for FGs, not knowing that the fake had been called. He has completely admitted blame. Moss got off the field to avoid the penalty for 12 men.