[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Belichick's Motivational Ploys

pseudolefty

On WEEI today they were playing clips of the songs that are playing on the radio stations in the Pittsburgh area. :D:D:DB)

At least we don't have stuff like that going on around here.

661970[/snapback]

There are tons of them. Some of them are pretty great. Last week before the game, there was a parody of Elton John's "Benny and the Jets" except it was "Benny Beats the Jets" It was very clever. I like them. What is wrong with a city having fun with their teams success thus far ? :D

Oh come on Jack, you're better than that. People can learn and grow, can't they? Do you think maybe he's got better talent and staff and ownership now? B)

As for the comment about "needing extra motivation" I think you just don't get it. It's all part of the program, always has been.

Last year we had the Steelers whining about making their super bowl reservations. I notice they're killing the Pats with kindness this year. We see into your double reverse psychology. :D

661621[/snapback]

Czar

Has the pope "beautified St Billy" yet. After reading New England homers opinions this last two weeks it get's kind of old. :D

Call off your "pit bull" uglytuna and then you might get intelligent discussion on the game. :D

I don't get the "super bowl reservations part" Steelers were 6-10 last year.

Word.  That Belichick is one classless dude . . . a classless dude with 2 fat SB rings. 

What's he going to do with that 3rd one, I wonder?  I hope he wears one on each middle finger, puts the third one on his johnson and struts around the PIT and IND locker rooms while flipping everybody off - just for a goof.

661914[/snapback]

Is this an alias for UT :D

Czar

Has the pope "beautified St Billy" yet.  After reading New England homers opinions this last two weeks it get's kind of old. :D

Call off your "pit bull" uglytuna and then you might get intelligent discussion on the game. :D

I don't get the "super bowl reservations part"  Steelers were 6-10 last year.

662464[/snapback]

Well then it was 2 years ago. It was well publicized how they were complaining about not having enough time to make their super bowl hotel reservations/travel plans...and they hadn't even played the AFC championship game yet. Bad form.

UT isn't MY pit bull. I'm as stuck with him as you are. Every time he posts I go :doah:

Bill is beautiful enough. I think you meant Beatified. And as far as that goes B) You know he's not the same now as he was in Cleveland. And we all know it's not just him, but the team as a whole. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts, you know?

It was well publicized how they were complaining about not having enough time to make their super bowl hotel reservations/travel plans...and they hadn't even played the AFC championship game yet. Bad form.

662568[/snapback]

In hindsight, it was probably a dumb move. However, it wasn't meant to be a slight to NE at all (OTOH, I don't blame them for taking it that way).

The "complaints" about travel plans / tickets and all that came from '95 where they felt all that Athena during SB week was too big a distraction, so in '01 they decided to get some of that out of the way during the AFCC week. Probably not that big a deal in all reality (and I heard or read somewhere that a lot of teams do some of the preparation before the SB week in the event they win)... but since they talked about it, NE won the game, AND the Pats pointed to it as motivation, it's still a big deal.

Maybe that's why all the Pats fans play the "disrespect" card so much... they are simply taking the lead of their team :D

The Pats are favored and every one of the experts I have seen has picked the Pats to win. 

Pats have always :bawled: about how they weren't getting the respect they deserved.  Now they've got it.  Let's see if they can win when everyone is expecting them to do so.

662678[/snapback]

Call me crazy, but I don't remember the Pats ever crying about lack of respect . . . their fans have often done so, but the Pats have always been content to shut up, play and surprise people.

Well then it was 2 years ago. It was well publicized how they were complaining about not having enough time to make their super bowl hotel reservations/travel plans...and they hadn't even played the AFC championship game yet. Bad form.

UT isn't MY pit bull. I'm as stuck with him as you are. Every time he posts I go :doah:

Bill is beautiful enough. I think you meant Beatified. And as far as that goes :D You know he's not the same now as he was in Cleveland. And we all know it's not just him, but the team as a whole. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts, you know?

662568[/snapback]

You are once again .....correct. :D