[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Belichick's Motivational Ploys

pseudolefty

Just read an article this morning about how Belichick motivated the Pats players prior to the Colts game. Here's the link:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20...ws_1s18afc.html

Here's the relevant quotes:

"He gathered his players, turned down the lights, then flipped on a highlight tape of big hits and big plays from previous games against Indianapolis. Then he showed images of AFC Championship Game sweatshirts being sold on the Colts' Web site."

"Patriots players were so riled that some of them had trouble sleeping that night. The game couldn't come fast enough for them, or end soon enough for the Colts,..."

So, just as a tip to Steelers fans, don't give Belichick any ammunition by printing Pittsburgh Steeler "Super Bowl" sweatshirts and posting them on web-sites prior to the game.

Also tell your kicker to shut his piehole. :D

659517[/snapback]

If the Patriots need extra motivation for a game of this magnitude than I am not worried about them. By the way, I don't think they need extra motivation for a game to earn the right to go to the Super Bowl.

Where is the connection of a SD Union Tribune writer to the Pats locker room?

If anything, they would have sent their writer to the Steelers-Jets game, writing a "we should have been here" story. :D

The tabloid Boston Herald has nothing, I haven't seen it anywhere else, so I would take it with a grain of salt.

Where is the connection of a SD Union Tribune writer to the Pats locker room?

If anything, they would have sent their writer to the Steelers-Jets game, writing a "we should have been here" story.  :D

The tabloid Boston Herald has nothing, I haven't seen it anywhere else, so I would take it with a grain of salt.

659656[/snapback]

The article came from Jim Trotter, who is the beat writer for the Chargers. He's been pretty reliable throughout the years. My guess is that the feed may have come through former Charger, Rodney Harrison. He was a great player in SD and a fan favorite. Glad he's finally getting some recognition and having success on the Pats.

He gathered his players, turned down the lights, then flipped on a highlight tape of big hits and big plays from previous games against Indianapolis.

659496[/snapback]

Well if he tries that with previous Steeler games he'll have to go back to '01 or '02 because the Pats got bitchslapped on Halloween :D

Hey MLK day was yesterday.....There will be no more dreams! For the Steelers fans that is.  :D

659750[/snapback]

That better not be true, last night I was in a hot-tub with Jennifer Love Hewitt, Jessica Alba, and Katie Holmes, anyway..... oops, never mind..... :D

Most Steeler fans are not buying into the Belichick myth after all we knew him in Cleveland.

How come his motivational "tricks" didn't work there? :D

661608[/snapback]

Oh come on Jack, you're better than that. People can learn and grow, can't they? Do you think maybe he's got better talent and staff and ownership now? :D

As for the comment about "needing extra motivation" I think you just don't get it. It's all part of the program, always has been.

Last year we had the Steelers whining about making their super bowl reservations. I notice they're killing the Pats with kindness this year. We see into your double reverse psychology. B)

Most Steeler fans are not buying into the Belichick myth after all we knew him in Cleveland.

How come his motivational "tricks" didn't work there? :D

661608[/snapback]

Read Patriot Reign - it'll explain it nicely and should take you all of 6 minutes to read b/c Mike Holley writes like a 6th grader - that book had some nice insights, but I'm embarrassed for Holley.

Read Patriot Reign - it'll explain it nicely and should take you all of 6 minutes to read b/c Mike Holley writes like a 6th grader - that book had some nice insights, but I'm embarrassed for Holley.

661784[/snapback]

haha yeah bought it on a saturday afternoon at a Barnes & Noble in Baltimore...started reading it for about an hour..then finished it on the plane home Sunday night

my highlights include Russ Hochstein in the hotel,bent, after the Superbowl

"wheres Warren Sapp now, that fat motherOpraher"

and Mike Vrabel entering the huddle before his TD reception "holla at ya boy"

haha yeah bought it on a saturday afternoon at a Barnes & Noble in Baltimore...started reading it for about an hour..then finished it on the plane home Sunday night

my highlights include Russ Hochstein in the hotel,bent, after the Superbowl

"wheres Warren Sapp now, that fat motherOpraher"

and Mike Vrabel entering the huddle before his TD reception "holla at ya boy"

661805[/snapback]

Agreed, but I don't think either of those trump the simple beauty of the ultimate "F@%& You" that Beli busted on *** Tom Jackson at the afterparty. Simply awesome.

Agreed, but I don't think either of those trump the simple beauty of the ultimate "F@%& You" that Beli busted on *** Tom Jackson at the afterparty.  Simply awesome.

661818[/snapback]

ahahaha...yes how could I forget that...and of course Mike Vrabel in a team meeting

"hey coach what was that you were saying about blow jobs"?

ahahaha...yes how could I forget that...and of course Mike Vrabel in a team meeting

"hey coach what was that you were saying about blow jobs"?

661825[/snapback]

Yeah, the Patriots Rule, They are the Greatest, Yeah !!!!! .....not only the best team, they are classy and funny, and there is a book that tells you all about it !!! :D:D

Yeah, the Patriots Rule, They are the Greatest, Yeah !!!!!  .....not only the best team, they are classy and funny, and there is a book that tells you all about it !!!  :D  :D

661853[/snapback]

Please. I'm sure nobody says similar things in team meetings in Pittsburgh . . . read the book before you comment on a single quote taken out of context.

Please.  I'm sure nobody says similar things in team meetings in Pittsburgh . . . read the book before you comment on a single quote taken out of context.

661877[/snapback]

I wasn't commenting on what the Patriots said. Read my post "Well, it's Wednesday" I like the Pats and have the utmost respect from him. I was simply commenting on you and Moe going back and fourth with, "Yeah, and you know what else is great....."

No big deal, I'm just an angry Steeler fan who is sick of hearing about how great the Pats are (though I know it is true), who can't wait until Sunday to end it all.

hey Balzac..remember that part..that part where Bill Belichick refers to a corner as "stiffer than a wedding dick"

remember that?

Menudo shut up

661893[/snapback]

O.k. I'll shut up. Oh, and my dad can beat up your dad !!! :D

hey Balzac..remember that part..that part where Bill Belichick refers to a corner as "stiffer than a wedding dick"

remember that?

Menudo shut up

661893[/snapback]

Word. That Belichick is one classless dude . . . a classless dude with 2 fat SB rings.

What's he going to do with that 3rd one, I wonder? I hope he wears one on each middle finger, puts the third one on his johnson and struts around the PIT and IND locker rooms while flipping everybody off - just for a goof.

I wasn't commenting on what the Patriots said.  Read my post "Well, it's Wednesday"  I like the Pats and have the utmost respect from him.  I was simply commenting on you and Moe going back and fourth with, "Yeah, and you know what else is great....."

No big deal, I'm just an angry Steeler fan who is sick of hearing about how great the Pats are (though I know it is true), who can't wait until Sunday to end it all.

661886[/snapback]

I hear ya - it's all good. You'll be wearing that goofy-ass sig-line next week, so prepare to be even more pissed come Monday.