[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which is the BETTER Defense and why?

keggerz

Philadelphia Eagles

Or

Miami Dolphins

the dolphins gave NE some fits in a game earlier this yr :D

Maybe I am wrong but I think the Birds def is pretty similar to that of the Fins?!?!

GOOD SECONDARY

Trotter is playing Zach Thomas like of late

and well lets just say Brady aint as fleet a foot as Vick while Brady may be a bit light in his loafers(not that there is anything wrong with that) I could see the eagles pass rush(go Freak) disrupting the NE passing game...

Thoughts??

Ke :D erz

Philly has the better athletes, Pats have the better system.

Philly has the better secondary and Trotter is playing out of his mind. He should get the credit for their win yesterday.

The Pats defensive players are never out of position and they react well. They have excellent field coverage.

The key again will be Brian Westbrook, if he can get behind Bruschi and Co. and in between the zones....... Who knows?????

Philly has the better athletes, Pats have the better system.

669955[/snapback]

:D I wasnt inquiring about the NE Def

I was asking in reference to the MIAMI Def since they handed it to NE earlier this yr

Philadelphia Eagles

Or

Miami Dolphins

the dolphins gave NE some fits in a game earlier this yr  :D

Maybe I am wrong but I think the Birds def is pretty similar to that of the Fins?!?!

GOOD SECONDARY

Trotter is playing Zach Thomas like of late

and well lets just say Brady aint as fleet a foot as Vick while Brady may be a bit light in his loafers(not that there is anything wrong with that) I could see the eagles pass rush(go Freak) disrupting the NE passing game...

Thoughts??

Ke :D erz

669923[/snapback]

You're right on with your analysis. The Fins have an extraordinary secondary, as do the Eagles. Playmakers abound...

The Eagles have fast and athletic LBs that can get from sideline to sideline very fast. I'd contend they are OVERALL faster than the Fins LBs (Junior's been hurt and he's getting his AARP card in the mail this year). Thomas is a beast and anchors the Fin LB corps, but can't do it all on his own. The Eagles' LB corps works together to smash the run and chase down screen passes and/or stretch plays.

As for the line, a healthy Kearse is actually scarier than Soap Boy Jay Jay Taylor, in my estimation. I think the Pats might just have some trouble with the Freak on February 6th.

And we all know how stout the interior of the Eagle line is...

You're right on with your analysis.  The Fins have an extraordinary secondary, as do the Eagles.  Playmakers abound...

The Eagles have fast and athletic LBs that can get from sideline to sideline very fast.  I'd contend they are OVERALL faster than the Fins LBs (Junior's been hurt and he's getting his AARP card in the mail this year).  Thomas is a beast and anchors the Fin LB corps, but can't do it all on his own.  The Eagles' LB corps works together to smash the run and chase down screen passes and/or stretch plays. 

As for the line, a healthy Kearse is actually scarier than Soap Boy Jay Jay Taylor, in my estimation.  I think the Pats might just have some trouble with the Freak on February 6th. 

And we all know how stout the interior of the Eagle line is...

669981[/snapback]

umm can you say OUCH Mr. Vick on the Hollis Thomas Hit..

butr seriously :ctu: for Hollis since he has had some horrible injury luck the past few yrs...he is underated and a good guy to boot!

now this begs the question....

How good is the MIAMI OFFENSE compared to that of the EAGLES??

with and without TO??

umm can you say OUCH Mr. Vick on the Hollis Thomas Hit..

butr seriously :ctu: for Hollis since he has had some horrible injury luck the past few yrs...he is underated and a good guy to boot!

now this begs the question....

How good is the MIAMI OFFENSE compared to that of the EAGLES?? 

with and without TO??

670032[/snapback]

With TO it's night and day. Miami is horrible. They can't even get a good enough QB to exploit the stud-in-waiting Chris Chambers. The guy is so under-rated, it's disgusting.

Without TO, it's still pretty clear that the Philly offense is leaps and bounds better than the train wreck that is the Miami offense (of this season). McNabb is a stud, with a cannon and wheels. Westbrook is as dangerous as a wideout as he is taking handoffs. Laugh if you must, but Levens has proved to be a valuable workmanlike back. Mitchell makes nice plays. This kid Greg Lewis has some speed. Before getting injured, Chad Lewis was a dependable, veteran TE. LJ Smith should be able to settle in as the de-facto #1 TE. Pinkston, take away his case of the dropsies and his slight build, is a pretty solid route-runner.

The words "good" and "Miami offense" shouldn't even be in the same sentence. That is, unless they can find a QB that throws downfield and a decent RB. They have the TE. They have the playmaker WR.

The words "good" and "Miami offense" shouldn't even be in the same sentence.  That is, unless they can find a QB that throws downfield and a decent RB.  They have the TE.  They have the playmaker WR.

670120[/snapback]

I think what Miami needs to address first and foremost is the O-line. A stud RB and a QB who can throw downfield do you no good without a good O-line.

I think what Miami needs to address first and foremost is the O-line.  A stud RB and a QB who can throw downfield do you no good without a good O-line.

670263[/snapback]

Very true. I'm sure, piece by piece, they'll improve. I for one like the Saban hire.

so all this analysis adds up to take the Eagles and the points to the bank

I am a homer so of course I expect the eagles to win...there are things that should make NE fans leary they are playing the Eagles...believe it or not the TO injury has let the birds fly under the radar to some extent...they were not expected to do this without TO and now they wont be given a shot vs NE

time will tell time will tell