[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who do you think has the best chance to win it all

Meat Face

Well crap you said excluding my homer team... I'm an Illinois fan, and I think they are seriously the ones to beat. Yeah, no duh, they're ranked #1. I know. I like UNC's chances, but they're gonna get beat up in the remainder of the ACC season and in the ACC tourney. Plus McCants is injured (level of seriousness I'm unaware of). Anyways... UNC still has a good chance. Oklahoma St. looks good. Kansas is getting it together.

But seriously, Illinois is just too tough. They have all the components of a nearly unbeatable team. When one of their "stars" is having an off night, someone ALWAYS steps up. They have a legit pass-first point guard, who can defend any guard in the country (Williams). A cat-quick open-floor guard that hits big free throws and can launch from downtown and rack up steals a la Iverson (Brown). A gunslinging microwave scorer (Head). A solid big man that doesn't get in foul trouble (Augustine) and the "glue" - solid defender, slasher type (Powell). Best starting 5 in the country. Plus they have an underrated bench and a solid coach. Done deal.

But seriously, Illinois is just too tough.  They have all the components of a nearly unbeatable team.  When one of their "stars" is having an off night, someone ALWAYS steps up.  They have a legit pass-first point guard, who can defend any guard in the country (Williams).  A cat-quick open-floor guard that hits big free throws and can launch from downtown and rack up steals a la Iverson (Brown).  A gunslinging microwave scorer (Head).  A solid big man that doesn't get in foul trouble (Augustine) and the "glue" - solid defender, slasher type (Powell).  Best starting 5 in the country.  Plus they have an underrated bench and a solid coach.  Done deal.

708062[/snapback]

You'll get no argument out of me!!! :D

Well crap you said excluding my homer team... I'm an Illinois fan, and I think they are seriously the ones to beat.  Yeah, no duh, they're ranked #1.  I know.  I like UNC's chances, but they're gonna get beat up in the remainder of the ACC season and in the ACC tourney.  Plus McCants is injured (level of seriousness I'm unaware of).  Anyways... UNC still has a good chance.  Oklahoma St. looks good.  Kansas is getting it together.

But seriously, Illinois is just too tough.  They have all the components of a nearly unbeatable team.  When one of their "stars" is having an off night, someone ALWAYS steps up.  They have a legit pass-first point guard, who can defend any guard in the country (Williams).  A cat-quick open-floor guard that hits big free throws and can launch from downtown and rack up steals a la Iverson (Brown).  A gunslinging microwave scorer (Head).  A solid big man that doesn't get in foul trouble (Augustine) and the "glue" - solid defender, slasher type (Powell).  Best starting 5 in the country.  Plus they have an underrated bench and a solid coach.  Done deal.

708062[/snapback]

The "unbeatables" pretty much always get beat. BEWARE!!!

For the best example that I'm aware, check out the '96-'97 Kansas Jayhawks. One of the best teams ever (34-1 going into the tournament I believe) was beat in the sweet 16. The team next year was 35-4 and favored to destory. Lost in second round. This is what billay has to look forward to.

Exclude the Homer team my ass! Ask the question who has the best chance and I gotta say the Illini .

Whats this about Kansas getting it together? Havent they lost 3 in a row? By the way never count out Duke. As much as I hate them, Krwhfvsvgxdifnhghdhski always finds a way to get that team up for the Big Dance!

The "unbeatables" pretty much always get beat.  BEWARE!!!

For the best example that I'm aware, check out the '96-'97 Kansas Jayhawks.  One of the best teams ever (34-1 going into the tournament I believe) was beat in the sweet 16.  The team next year was 35-4 and favored to destory.  Lost in second round.  This is what billay has to look forward to.

708149[/snapback]

Those were Roy Williams teams . Doesnt apply!

IF they choose to play, it's UNC hands down. They have had troubles with their desire in the past but I think Roy Williams handled the team very well.

They are without question the most talented and deepest team in the NCAA. They are a real fast team that can kill you on fast breaks too.

It's UNC easilly if Rashad and the rest of the team are firing on all cylinders.

Man, you guys just can't stop bashing Roy Williams can you? The guy makes Kansas the winningest program in the last 10 years and you have nothing nice to say about him? Sheesh. Well, go ahead and take your shots now, because I'm gonna be shouting a big "I told you so" come April.

BTW, Rashad McCants has an intestinal bug and is not playing tonight against NC State.

Edited by billay

Man, you guys just can't stop bashing Roy Williams can you?  The guy makes Kansas the winningest program in the last 10 years and you have nothing nice to say about him? Sheesh.  Well, go ahead and take your shots now, because I'm gonna be shouting a big "I told you so" come April.

BTW, Rashad McCants has an intestinal bug and is not playing tonight against NC State.

708165[/snapback]

The only bashing I've ever said about him is that he can't win the big one, and he's VERY frustrating to have as your head IF YOU CARE ABOUT WINNING IT ALL. Other than that he's a great guy.

And if you HONESTLY think that UNC will win it all this year, I am definitely your man for another sigline bet. :D Name the terms.

Tar Heels just beat NC State in Raleigh, without Rashad McCants. 5 Guys scored in double figures. Pretty Impressive

Edit to add: Even with McCants out, UNC still had 8 guys play double digit minutes

Edited by billay

Tar Heels just beat NC State in Raleigh, without Rashad McCants.  5 Guys scored in double figures.  Pretty Impressive

Edit to add:  Even with McCants out, UNC still had 8 guys play double digit minutes

708332[/snapback]

Blue Devils have their number once again. :D

• 2 weeks later...

any of you Illini homers, that are convinced Illinois will win it all, care to make a sigline bet? I'll bet that they don't win it all. You bet they win it all. simple. we can decide on how long later.