[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Webber traded

Skrappy1

Chris Webber to the Philadelphia 76ers for Corliss Williamson, Kenny Thomas, and Brian Skinner. Seems kind of dumb from the Kings end, but AI must be one happy camper.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/stor...marc&id=1998501

Edit: Sorry, didn't mean to post this twice...DMD can you do your thing please?

Edited by Skrappy1

I can't believe Billy King was able to pull this trade off.  I might actually get a little more interested in basketball now.  This move should make the Sixers the favorite in the weak Atlantic Division.

709825[/snapback]

Yep, the Atlantic is awful, you have to consider the Sixers the favorite now. It's a shame though that Sacramento was never able to win a championship with Webber after lobbying so hard to keep him when he was a free agent.

I still think they were robbed in 2002. I found a link to a Michael Wilbon column from the Post after game 6 of the Laker-Kings series that year.

I have never seen officiating in a game of consequence as bad as that in Game 6. Scot Pollard, on his sixth and final foul, didn't as much as touch Shaq. Didn't touch any part of him. You could see it on TV, see it at courtside. It wasn't a foul in any league in the world. And Divac, on his fifth foul, didn't foul Shaq. They weren't subjective or borderline or debatable. And these fouls not only resulted in free throws, they helped disqualify Sacramento's two low-post defenders.

On the other hand, Kobe Bryant elbowed Mike Bibby in the nose in plain view with the Lakers up by one, but no foul was called on Kobe, even though Bibby lay on the court and then went to the sideline bleeding. The difficult thing about refereeing an NBA game, compared with Major League Baseball and NFL games, is that virtually every single call is subjective. But the calls made on Friday night were just plain wrong, right out in the open for everybody watching on TV to see, even before replay.

I wrote down in my notebook six calls that were stunningly incorrect, all against Sacramento, all in the fourth quarter when the Lakers made five baskets and 21 foul shots to hold on to their championship.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?p...1¬Found=true

Edited by Skrappy1

CWebb is one of my favorite players in the NBA. I am glad for him to be playing for a team so close to me and now the 76ers have a legitimate shot in the east.

710035[/snapback]

I'm suspicious. Webber's got a bum knee, I don't think Excremento trades their franchise player unless something is up with that. Good trade in the short term for Philly, I don't get why the Sack added a bunch of huge contracts, glad Cap'n TO isn't in the West anymore.

I'm suspicious. Webber's got a bum knee, I don't think Excremento trades their franchise player unless something is up with that. Good trade in the short term for Philly, I don't get why the Sack added a bunch of huge contracts, glad Cap'n TO isn't in the West anymore.

710248[/snapback]

yes, but Sacremento is dumping everything except Bibby and Peja. They are cleaning house due to money issues. Trying to get a little younger as well. Webber could not go with an up tempo offense, so they got rid of him and dumped $60 mill in salary.

yes, but Sacremento is dumping everything except Bibby and Peja. They are cleaning house due to money issues. Trying to get a little younger as well. Webber could not go with an up tempo offense, so they got rid of him and dumped $60 mill in salary.

710408[/snapback]

Dumping the salary and Bibby, Peja and Miller played a lot better with Webber out last season.... add Mobley to the mix and you have a pretty fierce offense that works well in their pass oriented style and some very good defensive guards.

I'm just waiting to see if the Warriors are able to land Baron Davis. Rumors have been running, though I haven't heard any details yet on possible deals.

Edited by Big Country

Chris Webber to the Philadelphia 76ers for Corliss Williamson, Kenny Thomas, and Brian Skinner.  Seems kind of dumb from the Kings end, but AI must be one happy camper.

709816[/snapback]

At very least, AI and CWeb will spend alooooooot of quality time together if they decide to compare rap sheets and other ne'er-do-well activities ... "Did you ever chase your woman out of the house when she was naked?" "No, man, that's phat." "I did take cash from boosters, did you?" "Ah, man, my 'tourney says don't ever talk of that ... bummer about that final timeout thing you had" "Yeah, I wish they'd have erased that when they erased all our records." "Yeah, hey, has your team ever won anything in college or the pros?" "Nope. Your team?" "Nope." "Oh."

What was it the Patriots' owner said about prefering to get out of the business altogether rather than going down the road of trying to build a winner by employing thugs? :D

What was it the Patriots' owner said about prefering to get out of the business altogether rather than going down the road of trying to build a winner by employing thugs?   :D

711150[/snapback]

While Webber did take the money and then lied about it, I hardly think it's fair to call him a thug...he's reportedly one of the nicest and most respectful professional athletes alive.

Edited by Skrappy1

he's reportedly one of the nicest and most respectful professional athletes alive.

711227[/snapback]

I've heard this about him as well. Who knows how true it is.

At least the Warriors were able to pull off getting Davis.... too bad Derek Fisher is costing us a buttload of money to ride the pine. Now if only we could get a big man to stay healthy we might actually get to 30 wins this year.