[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots interested in Darren Sharper

supposed to be released in the next few days...im hearing the patriots may be very interested

727667[/snapback]

Sharper reminds me alot of Harrison, an older player whose current team gave up on, who has talent and a chip on his shoulder. Wouldnt surprise me a bit to see him play FS in New England.

Harrison made more hard quality hits in 1 game than Sharper made all season.

727955[/snapback]

You completely missed the point. Im not comparing Sharpers play to harrison, just the situation of how their careers parallel with their former club thinking they are done, and Harrison going somewhere else and proves them wrong. Now Sharper has yet to do that, but I certainly think he does.

You completely missed the point.  Im not comparing Sharpers play to harrison, just the situation of how their careers parallel with their former club thinking they are done, and Harrison going somewhere else and proves them wrong.  Now Sharper has yet to do that, but I certainly think he does.

727960[/snapback]

Sgt

Your right, Maybe a change of teams would do him well. His play has been less than steller as of late. The Fan out of Green Bay 107.5 has said that he has also shown some intrest in going to Houston to play with his brother.

You completely missed the point.  Im not comparing Sharpers play to harrison, just the situation of how their careers parallel with their former club thinking they are done, and Harrison going somewhere else and proves them wrong.  Now Sharper has yet to do that, but I certainly think he does.

727960[/snapback]

I don't necessarily believe that the Packers think he is done, but in their cap situation they can't afford to keep him at his cap figure this season. He won't consider a restructuring of his contract. They also probably can't compete with what other teams are going to be willing to pay once he is cut. I

I've always liked Sharper, but I think he's been misused in recent seasons. His best years were when Butler played in the box and he was allowed to roam free in the defensive backfield. He made the Pro Bowl a couple of years ago because he was getting a lot of interceptions. The Pack never found a replacement for Butler and have asked Sharper to fill that void of the "in-the-box" safety, which over the last two seasons as we have seen he just isn't very good at.

Sgt

Your right,  Maybe a change of teams would do him well. His play has been less than steller as of late. The Fan out of Green Bay 107.5 has said that he has also shown some intrest in going to Houston to play with his brother.

727967[/snapback]

The Texans have given Jamie permission to seek a trade.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/playerFantasy...ategoryId=71054

alot of people would think it would be crazy to move eugene wilson..cause really hes is one of the most underrated players in the league..he plays at an all pro level...but hes also been takin out of the last two superbowls with injuries..and in both instances..that led to both games being a lot closer than they should have been...i think this move makes sense from a depth perspective..something they value very much

Sharper reminds me alot of Harrison,  an older player whose current team gave up on, who has talent and a chip on his shoulder.  Wouldnt surprise me a bit to see him play FS in New England.

727940[/snapback]

Sharper????? Talent????

After watching many Packer games, I just don't see it. I just don't know how many times I can watch him get himself grossly out of position or get horribly burnt by a slot receiver or TE trailing them by 20 yards after they catch a TD.

Lets all think back to 4th and 26, when Freddie caught the ball 10 yards in-front of Sharper. He is just ugly in coverage.

I will be shocked if the Patriots sign him, as I think he should never play another down in the NFL.

IMO, the most overrated DB in the league. I cannot even believe he made a pro bowl.

Guest Sores

I will be shocked if the Patriots sign him, as I think he should never play another down in the NFL.

731065[/snapback]

Going a little overboard here aren't we?