[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edge and Drew Rosenhaus on Dan Patrick show today

soopanuts

I figured this deserved it's own post...

Highlights from the Web site under Guests:

1. Edgerrin James, Colts&for now: Where would you like to play next year? "It does not matter. Wherever I go, I will contribute and make the best of the situation." Why did you characterize the team as dysfunctional, "Because everybody wants the ball. It was like a funny thing. Me and Reggie, you know, we laugh and joke."

2. Drew Rosenhaus, agent for Edgerrin James: Edgerrin asked to call you to find out what teams are interested in acquiring him. "Let me turn it around Dan. We are interested in Edgerrin playing for the Dolphins, the Bucs, the Cardinals, the 49ers and potentially for the Chicago Bears, Houston and Cleveland. Those are the teams we think are interested in having Edgerrin James on their roster." Give us an idea as to how much it will cost to sign Edgerrin? "We negotiated the Portis deal for $50 million, so we would like to be in the upper echelon of running backs in the NFL."

Link

There's not a snowball's chance in hell the Colts trade him to Houston.

730796[/snapback]

As great of a back as Edge is, as a Texan fan (not to mention multiple league DD owner) I would not really care to see him in the blue and red. I agree with Hook, no chance he goes to Houston.

There's just no way anyone is giving up top picks for any RB this year with so much talent in the draft.  Unless they're idiots.  Hmmm.. well then maybe there are a few canidates after all...

730803[/snapback]

No, no.......you were right the first time.....Butch Davis is no longer an NFL Head Coach and as dumb as Tice is, even he realizes he doesn't need another RB.

Here's how it will go:

The Colts will not find an offer to their liking (unless somebody really blows their socks off OR a running back really drops in the draft). The Colts have plenty of cap space this year, and can easily afford the 1 year, $8 million tender to Edge. They will not trade him. Edge will miss all of training camp and the pre-season (not a big deal, he never plays anyway). He will not miss any of the season. Each week he sat out would cost him roughly $470,588.00. I doubt he holds out with that kind of cash sitting there. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

Think Dan had any trouble understanding what James was saying?  Those cell phones aren't very clear sometimes... :D

730836[/snapback]

Yeah, I bet Rosenhaus did most of the talking, as Edge is almost impossible to understand.

Edited by CaptainHook

The bears? I do not understand that move...I thought they were giddy with T.Jones being the second-coming of Holmes....granted, we are talking about James, but the bears need a QB! Or am I crazy?

:D

The bears?  I do not understand that move...I thought they were giddy with T.Jones being the second-coming of Holmes....granted, we are talking about  James, but the bears need a QB!  Or am I crazy?

:D

731005[/snapback]

I agree with you 100%. I was stunned when I saw that the Bears were on that list. That really makes no sense to me at all. We need another QB until Rex proves he can do something besides get hurt!