[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Baseball question

godtomsatan

So, my annual fantasy baseball draft is tomorrow, and I admit that I have prepared very poorly, but I'm not too worried about it, since I've found that I have performed better and better in fantasy baseball the less I pay attention. Go figure.

Anyway, it's an AL-only 5x5 points based thing with 12 teams and I draft at #8.

Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG / W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

I'm guessing in some fashion or another, the top 7 picks are going to be:

A.Rodriguez, V.Guerrero, J.Santana, A.Soriano, R.Johnson, M.Tejada, M. Ramirez.

A) Is that an accurate guess?

:D Is it right to figure that I.Suzuki and A.Beltre are the next best players available?

C) Is Beltre the better pick?

See if you can get Victor Martinez as your catcher..I like David Ortiz at first base too.And Chone Figgins is a great Utility man..Carl Crawford is always on base Hits Triples and is a big stolen base threat..

Tough call. I'm not sure you said whether this was a H2H or straight Roto league, but I think I'd lean towards Ichiro, especially if it's a cumulative Roto setup. He says he wants to hit .400 this year and by the way he's been swinging the bat this spring I wouldn't put it past him (I think he's hitting well over .500 and has only struck out once!). He usually gets in the neighborhood of 700 ABs a year, and that many ABs with that high an AVG will make your team AVG tough to beat. Plus he will get you about 30 SBs which is a shallow category.

Beltre on the other hand is a bit of an unknown. He has been decent in the past, but nowhere near like last year when he was simply awesome. He's still young so it may have been a legitimate breakout year and the Mariners have been raving about his conditioning and work ethic, so I wouldn't expect a huge dropoff, but I don't think you can expect quite a year like he had last season either.

Since you mentioned it was a points based thing...

I've never played in a points based thing, but I've heard those things tend to value the power hitters over the base The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY.

Although, since I've never played a points based league... how are the categories like BA, ERA & WHIP handled? Or did you mean that it was a Roto-Style scoring, in which case I'd take Ichiro over Beltre.

But I do think you've got the top 7 picks pretty well represented.

I agree on Ichiro being the next pick.

He will help you dominate avg., runs and SB.

I picked seventh in a similar league and took Ichiro over Tejada becuase we use Hits as a sixth offensive cat. The thing that taking Ichiro in the first round does is forces you into a tough position in the second round. Do you take an SP or a power hitter like Ortiz? In an AL only league I would lean towards taking a slugger like Ortiz, Teix or Sheffield with my second rounder after Ichiro.

Good luck!

I agree on Ichiro being the next pick.

He will help you dominate avg., runs and SB.

I picked seventh in a similar league and took Ichiro over Tejada becuase we use Hits as a sixth offensive cat. The thing that taking Ichiro in the first round does is forces you into a tough position in the second round. Do you take an SP or a power hitter like Ortiz? In an AL only league I would lean towards taking a slugger like Ortiz, Teix or Sheffield with my second rounder after Ichiro.

Good luck!

755790[/snapback]

Agreed... Beating you is going to tough :D