[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Javon & his mom love the Pack

Guest Sores

Make that $8400 per touchdown, and I might be impressed! With all the money he makes and the fact that the donation's a write-off, he can afford it!!!

Come on guys...let's be fair minded about his $84 per TD to Make A Wish....compare what he makes per game ....compare it to the monetary contributions by other WR's in the league to his....

2004 Javon Walker Salary--$390,000 Bonus--$1,500=Total $391,500

Divide that by game (16)=$24,469 Walker makes per game

Javon Walker TD's in 2004--12 (X 84)=$1,008 would have been contributed last year---= .0025747 of his salary.....

Walker was 49th in 2004 Salary among NFL WR's--WR's such as Charles Rogers, Wayne Chrebet, David Boston, Marty Booker, David Terrell, Tai Streets, etc made more in most cases--WAY MORE than him...

If you took "just" the base salary (not the bonus') of the top paid WR's (Moss, Harrison, Bruce, Moulds & Owens) in 2004 and did what Walker is doing at the same percentage (.0025747) the top 5 WR's would generate $149,628.08 for Make A Wish...imagine if the top 25 or 30 would folow suit....let's no knock what Walker is doing...

I'm not a believer in holding out, but if I was, Walker would be the first to get my attention and support... :D

Come on guys...let's be fair minded about his $84 per TD to Make A Wish....compare what he makes per game ....compare it to the monetary contributions by other WR's in the league to his....

2004 Javon Walker Salary--$390,000  Bonus--$1,500=Total $391,500

Divide that by game (16)=$24,469 Walker makes per game

Javon Walker TD's in 2004--12 (X 84)=$1,008 would have been contributed last year---=  .0025747 of his salary.....

I'm not a believer in holding out, but if I was,  Walker would be the first to get my attention and support... :D

806374[/snapback]

You're kidding, right? I think you are...

So he donated 1K from a $391,000 salary. Wow, big spender. A whole .002% of his pay. Before anybody goes on a suckfest as to what a great guy he is, that contribution is the equivelant of a guy making 60k per year donating $120 at the end of the year, or $10 a month . Sure it's a nice gesture, but would you put an ad banner up on your house saying exactly how much you are donating? Only if you're an idiot.

Guest Sores
You're kidding, right? I think you are...

So he donated 1K from a $391,000 salary. Wow, big spender. A whole .002% of his pay. Before anybody goes on a suckfest as to what a great guy he is, that contribution is the equivelant of a guy making 60k per year donating $120 at the end of the year, or $10 a month . Sure it's a nice gesture, but would you put an ad banner up on your house saying exactly how much you are donating? Only if you're an idiot.

806377[/snapback]

Thank you.

It isn't always about money - here is some othere stuff he has done before you call him selfish;

Also is involved with several prominent NFL players in the development of a children's vitamin designed to encourage healthy eating and fight childhood obesity

Plans to visit about 25 Wisconsin high schools statewide this fall (roughly one per week), steering students toward college, as part of the 'Javon Walker and Marques Anderson Kids Tour' that he is doing along with his Packers teammate

Expects to donate $84 for each touchdown he scores during the 2004 season to the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Wisconsin

Gave $5,000 to the Lafayette (La.) School District in April 2004 for the purchase of new school uniforms

Previously has given time to the March of Dimes (through participation in the 2003 Edgar Bennett Celebrity Bowling event) and to St. Vincent Hospital in Green Bay (by visiting and signing autographs at a Christmas party for children with cancer)

Also has worked with the Brett Favre Forward Foundation, playing in a 2002 golf tournament and taking part in the Brett Favre Celebrity Softball Game the past three years

Plans to hold the first Javon Walker Celebrity Softball Tournament next March in Lafayette, La., the event would benefit the local school district

Also participated in the Carmelo Anthony Celebrity Basketball Tournament this past May in Denver

Helped University of Wisconsin-Green Bay athletics through attendance at the school's 2003 Lambeau Field steak fry

Served lunch to Holy Family School (Green Bay) students and participated in the Packers' 'Training Camp for Business' in 2002

Worked with a variety of youth groups while at Florida State, especially around the holidays

I could afford to donate more than $84 for every one of his touchdowns in 2005... :D

"Uhh... gee, Freddy... thanks for your generous spirit, really... but we were wondering if you could tie your donations to something other than your performance... you know, if you don't mind."

So he makes $391,000 this year, so what? He made a total of $5,538,500 in the past three years. Divide that total by three and you get an average of $1846166 per year since he has been with the Packers. So don't feel sorry for the guy at all.

If we look at past history with the Packers and players, we will see that Ferguson made nothing in his third year of contract either, but then received a nice bonus again in his fourth.

Here is the proof:http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/playerdetail.aspx?lname=walker&player=2391

Ok....correct me if I'm wrong....but does ANYONE really feel playing in a celebrity golf outing...even for charity....is considered work? :D

And even if you look at it as donating time.....come on! You're playing golf. :D

And to go along with Vatican's observations.....

The charity that hastens to proclaim its good deeds, ceases to be charity, and is only pride and ostentation.  ~William Hutton

Ok....correct me if I'm wrong....but does ANYONE really feel playing in a celebrity golf outing...even for charity....is considered work? :D

And even if you look at it as donating time.....come on!  You're playing golf. :D

And to go along with Vatican's observations.....

806808[/snapback]

Wow, SB!! You're on FIRE!!! :D

It isn't always about money - here is some othere stuff he has done before you call him selfish;

Also is involved with several prominent NFL players in the development of a children's vitamin designed to encourage healthy eating and fight childhood obesity

Plans to visit about 25 Wisconsin high schools statewide this fall (roughly one per week), steering students toward college, as part of the 'Javon Walker and Marques Anderson Kids Tour' that he is doing along with his Packers teammate

Expects to donate $84 for each touchdown he scores during the 2004 season to the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Wisconsin

Gave $5,000 to the Lafayette (La.) School District in April 2004 for the purchase of new school uniforms

Previously has given time to the March of Dimes (through participation in the 2003  Edgar Bennett Celebrity Bowling event) and to St. Vincent Hospital in Green Bay (by visiting and signing autographs at a Christmas party for children with cancer)

Also has worked with the Brett Favre Forward Foundation, playing in a 2002 golf tournament and taking part in the Brett Favre Celebrity Softball Game the past three years

Plans to hold the first Javon Walker Celebrity Softball Tournament next March in Lafayette, La., the event would benefit the local school district

Also participated in the Carmelo Anthony Celebrity Basketball Tournament this past May in Denver

Helped University of Wisconsin-Green Bay athletics through attendance at the school's 2003 Lambeau Field steak fry

Served lunch to Holy Family School (Green Bay) students and participated in the Packers' 'Training Camp for Business' in 2002

Worked with a variety of youth groups while at Florida State, especially around the holidays

806467[/snapback]

Your avi sucks!!!!