[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Schedule to accomodate 16 game season

whomper

Im commissioner in a league that has been together for about 12 years. We have always had our superbowl the last regular season week of the year.This year we have decided to move it to week 16 because of resting good players that have nothing to play for. This is a 12 team league which has 3 divisions of 4. We have a 3 playoff games that start week 15. Now that we are moving the superbowl to week 16 we need to start the playoffs week 14 which means that every team wont have a chance to play their division twice and out of division once. We want to definetely play the division twice and out of division once and I remember reading on here last year that the only way to do this would be either a doubleheader week or make the league 4 divisions of 3. My question is in your experiences which way do you think is the best way to go?

We have 12 teams with 3 divisions and end in Week 16, as well. We play every team in our own division twice and all other teams, except one, once. We voted down the double-header because it puts too much emphasis on one week and adds an unnecessary luck factor. I also think 4 divisions of 3 is much too small.

In Outraged we play a DH and voted to play it the last week (week 13)of the regular season. It made the final week really exciting because there were so many teams still alive and so many different playoff scenarios. I like the DH and like it the last week.

I like the doubleheader.... I am in two leagues of 12 and I prefer the one with the doubleheader week. But.... I prefer week 1 for that. Even if you go 0-2, your season isnt over, while in week 13 it could kill you. What I don't like about 4 divisions of 3 is that a team with a losing record can make the playoffs over a team that has 9 wins. While that can still happen with one less division, it is much less likely.

We have 12 teams with 3 divisions and end in Week 16, as well. We play every team in our own division twice and all other teams, except one, once. We voted down the double-header because it puts too much emphasis on one week and adds an unnecessary luck factor. I also think 4 divisions of 3 is much too small.

809001[/snapback]

Ditto in my 12 team league. Works well.

809001[/snapback]

The problem with that for us is not playing every team at least once Kills our tie breakers.

The problem with that for us is not playing every team at least once Kills our tie breakers.

809417[/snapback]

If you space the double-header weeks out over a number of weeks and avoid by-weeks a bit, you can reduce the luck-factor IMO.

Our 12 team leagues play a 17 game schedule, which encompasses 13 NFL weeks. Each division will play each other a total of 9 times with the 8 remaining games to be played vs. the other two divisions in 4 double weeks. Double weeks are weeks in which your weekly starting lineup will play against two opponents simultaneously. Double weeks are indicated with an A or B after the week. (Ex. 5A & 5B). We place two double weeks outside of normal NFL bye weeks and two inside the bye weeks to ensure equity in the schedule. The double weeks are weeks 2, 5, 7, and 11. Having the double weeks ensures that almost all teams are still mathematically alive for the playoffs until completion of the final double week (week 11). This ensures a more competitive and inspired league and helps eliminate tanking and mid-season orphans for dynasty leagues.

Just an idea!