[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Da Bears

cheezhed

.............that the #1 topic of discussion in this forum is the recent signing of Doug Brien as possibly the new Bears kicker!!!!!!!! :D  :D

814524[/snapback]

When the offense can't score a TD they need someone that can score points beside the defense.

I bet Edinger is gone at some point ...

815212[/snapback]

Edinger wants no part of kick-off

"Doug Brien joined the Bears' kicking derby Thursday, prompting Paul Edinger to ask out. Edinger, a six-year veteran, was called in during the morning and told the Bears were signing Brien to join what the team has said will be an intense competition this summer. It's one Edinger no longer wants to be a part of as his agent officially sought his release before the day was out, saying Edinger and the Bears would be best served by fresh starts."

Chicago Sun Times

Considering that Edinger has requested his release from the Bears, I'd say that's a pretty safe bet on your part Beaumont :D

Looks like Edinger is :bawling: to his agent about having some kicking competition.

Edinger was iffy last year, Brien's leg is just as strong, and his kick offs are better. The past few years, it's been Edinger's job with very little or no competition in camp.

815153[/snapback]

Edinger was iffy last year because he had to kick from 45+ all the time because of the most hopeless offense in the history of the NFL. Brien has already proved his ability to kick under pressure....... :D

You'd think some talk about Benson would surface at some point, but there hasn't been much. Instead we get to hear about the kicker.

Maybe Edinger is iffy because he kicks with his back to the friggin goalpost. Ever think about that one Paul? :D

Edited by Ralph Furley

Edinger was iffy last year, Brien's leg is just as strong, and his kick offs are better. The past few years, it's been Edinger's job with very little or no competition in camp.

815153[/snapback]

You nailed it. And, Edinger has never been a favorite of GM Jerry Angelo.

The last kicker I would want on my team would be Brien. This guy missed two FG's in the play-offs and cost the Jets a trip to the AFC Championship game.

Maybe they should try to get wide right Norwood out of the witness protection program.

The last kicker I would want on my team would be Brien. This guy missed two FG's in the play-offs and cost the Jets a trip to the AFC Championship game.

815530[/snapback]

If Brien wins the Bears PK job this season, I doubt much that he'll be put in a position where he can win or lose them a playoff game with a FG.