[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WR Keeper-Nate Burleson or Michael Clayton

This has been an odd thread.  The first 15 people picked Clayton, until one person made a case for Burleson.  THen the next 10 people leaned towards Burleson.

825635[/snapback]

I thought the same. Given no injuries, I think either is a decent choice, but I am very impressed with Burleson's YAC abilities.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

This has been an odd thread.  The first 15 people picked Clayton, until one person made a case for Burleson.  THen the next 10 people leaned towards Burleson.

825635[/snapback]

Actually, I was the first person to respond and I said Burleson. It just took a while for everyone to eventually see things my way, is all. :D

Edited by yo mama

oh geez you guys cannot make any correlations!! I am the one that made the case for Burleson that swung the momentum his way, I just didnt' want to give myself credit to seem conceited. But then you guys taking the credit??? Geesh

I don't think Clayton will have as many catches this year.  Last season, their whole receiving corps and Charlie Garner all got hurt, leaving Clayton as the only option,  This season they'll have some more options at WR, and Cadillac should get his share of catches....

824414[/snapback]

with Caddy now at RB and a healthy WR group, I'm seeing Clayton's value drop.

825092[/snapback]

I've already said my piece regarding the overall evaluation of the two WRs in question but I wanted to add this just because it's been bugging me. I don't buy the lack of supporting cast argument. Here's why...

The last 9 games all key figures(Galloway, Jurevicius, Pittman, Alstott, Dilger) were in the line-up and contributing. As far as Caddy taking touches way goes, Pittman/Alstott combined for 41 catches in this span. That's a pretty good contribution from the RB position.

Why the last 9 games are significant...

Clayton's numbers through week 7

37 catches/505yds/2TDs = 5.2/72/.28 per game

Clayton's numbers the last 9 weeks

43 catches/688yds/5TDs = 4.7/76/.55 per game

2 of the 3 significant stats went up. What does this mean?

Depending how you view the stats...

Best case - More talent around him actually impoved his game

Worst case - It made no significant difference

As for who gets credit for the swing vote/argument?

Get over yourselves. The Burleson fans just came in later. That kinda stuff happens all the time when there's a vote involving two fairly even players.

I'm going to have to go with Nate just because of C-Pepper! But on the other hand if Williamson shows up quick Clayton which I had on a team last year would be my keeper! I drafted Clayton and I think he is a stud! Clayton for the long term..........................But you can't go worng either way in 2005 it's beyond that when you would see you pick good/or bad!

I like Clayton....................................