[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ziggy gets the Vikes

MikesVikes

The Viqueens have Rosie O'Donnell fair weather fans...

823204[/snapback]

To be honest, this isn't really much of a sports town at all. The T-Wolves and Twins have both been reasonably successful over the past three years or so, and neither can get close to a decent crowd average.

To be honest, this isn't really much of a sports town at all.  The T-Wolves and Twins have both been reasonably successful over the past three years or so, and neither can get close to a decent crowd average.

823613[/snapback]

My guess is because there is so many things to do in Minnesota, while Green Bay for instance always brags about their fan base. What the hell else is there to do in Green Bay?

My guess is because there is so many things to do in Minnesota, while Green Bay for instance always brags about their fan base. What the hell else is there to do in Green Bay?

823620[/snapback]

Incoming!

:ducks:

To be honest, this isn't really much of a sports town at all.  The T-Wolves and Twins have both been reasonably successful over the past three years or so, and neither can get close to a decent crowd average.

823613[/snapback]

I have to disagree. I am not sure about the T-wolves, but the Twins have higher attendance than alot of teams. I think it would be more if they didn't play in the dome.

Here is the rank for 2005 attendance

1 LA Dodgers

2 NY Yankees

3 LA Angels

4 St. Louis

5 San Francisco

6 Chicago Cubs

7 Boston

8 NY Mets

9 Seattle

10 San Diego

11 Houston

12 Washington

13 Texas

14 Philadelphia

15 Atlanta

16 Baltimore

17 Arizona

18 Minnesota

19 Oakland

20 Toronto

21 Colorado

22 Cincinnati

23 Florida

24 Chicago Sox

25 Detroit

26 Pittsburgh

27 Milwaukee

28 Kansas City

29 Cleveland

30 Tampa Bay

I have to disagree. I am not sure about the T-wolves, but the Twins have higher attendance than alot of teams. I think it would be more if they didn't play in the dome.

1 LA Dodgers 

2 NY Yankees 

3 LA Angels 

4 St. Louis 

5 San Francisco 

6 Chicago Cubs

7 Boston

8 NY Mets

9 Seattle

10 San Diego

11 Houston

12 Washington

13 Texas

14 Philadelphia

15 Atlanta

16 Baltimore

17 Arizona

18 Minnesota

19 Oakland

20 Toronto

21 Colorado

22 Cincinnati

23 Florida

24 Chicago Sox

25 Detroit

26 Pittsburgh

27 Milwaukee

28 Kansas City

29 Cleveland

30 Tampa Bay

823657[/snapback]

Milwaukee HAS a new stadium and they are ranked 27th. Looks like we found a candidate for contraction. :D

I've been a VikQueens fan my entire life, but, yes, I admit I am a feline when it comes to cold weather, even though I have lived in Minnesota my whole life. I would rather watch on TV instead of freezing to death.  :D  :D

823222[/snapback]

I don't know about going to playoff games. I've suffered through a cold spell that lasted through my son's baseball schedule. Even that was cold enough for me. I've grown up on a farm when you need to work in all kinds of elements regardless of what they are. I don't need to freeze my arse off for entertainment.

Football outdoors in Minnesota in December. Cool. :D

823048[/snapback]

thats the only way i will go to a game agian

823620[/snapback]

there is beer and beer in GB

1 LA Dodgers 

2 NY Yankees 

3 LA Angels 

4 St. Louis 

5 San Francisco 

6 Chicago Cubs

7 Boston

8 NY Mets

9 Seattle

10 San Diego

11 Houston

12 Washington

13 Texas

14 Philadelphia

15 Atlanta

16 Baltimore

17 Arizona

18 Minnesota

19 Oakland

20 Toronto

21 Colorado

22 Cincinnati

23 Florida

24 Chicago Sox

25 Detroit

26 Pittsburgh

27 Milwaukee

28 Kansas City

29 Cleveland

30 Tampa Bay

823657[/snapback]

Point taken, but 18th for a perennially contending team? :D

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Point taken, but 18th for a perennially contending team?  :D

823911[/snapback]

The teams below the Twins:

Oakland - always contending

White Sox - 1st place

Florida - just won a world series

Milwaukee - new ball park

The way it should be.

823051[/snapback]

Players used to walk by tailgaters and get a piece of meat on the way into the stadium. They said they felt closer to the fans. That would be nice. Detroit should be next.

Cold weather playoff games aside, I went to 3 games at the old Met, all in November/December. Dressing up in the snowmobile suit, grilling before the game, and watching Tommy Kramer trip over his own feet was considered fun. What did I know? I was only about 8-9 years old at the time, but I thought it was an absolute blast watching an outdoor game, even in the cold. Since the Dome was built, I've been to 2 games: One was preseason where my sister was a flag bearer and our high school band played at halftime, and the other was when a subcontractor gave me a pair of tickets to watch a game. Heading down to the dome to watch a game doesn't have the same appeal to me as heading to the old Met. If Zygi wants an outdoor stadium, and the parking is such a way where tailgaiting in the lot before the game can be like it once was, then put me down for tickets once again. Cold weather be darned.