[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sun Mingming 7' 8"

THE SIX KINGS

Sun working out with ex-NBA player Gatlin

Associated Press

HONG KONG -- A 7-foot-8 Chinese basketball player hopes to follow in the footsteps of Houston Rockets center Yao Ming.

Sun Mingming, two inches taller than Yao, has attended a training camp in the United States and hopes to be picked in the NBA draft next month, the South China Morning Post reported Sunday.

If the 22-year-old Sun is signed by an NBA team, he would become the tallest player in league history.

Gheorghe Muresan and Manute Bol, at 7-foot-7, are the tallest players in NBA history.

Former NBA player Keith Gatlin, a coach who has worked with Sun, told the newspaper that the Chinese prospect is a 70 percent shooter but needs to work on his agility.

"He really doesn't get much lift and that's something we're looking at to improve," Gatlin said.

Still, Gatlin noted Sun's height means "he pretty much only needs to stand with his arms up in front of the net and he's blocking the basket."

Dang! I always thought Chinese people were short. This is getting f*cking ridiculous!!!  :D

828004[/snapback]

When I first came to the Far East back in the early sixties, whenever I was in a crowd or on a bus/train I could always see over everyones head. I am 6'1".

Now most of the high school kids are as tall as I am or taller, boys and girls.

We have people over here that are living proof that what the doctors have been saying for years about eating healthy. :D

A mandingo, a romanian and a mormon  :D

834413[/snapback]

walk into a bar........

834871[/snapback]

:D Very good!!

Dang! I always thought Chinese people were short. This is getting f*cking ridiculous!!!  :D

828004[/snapback]

Ya end up with some interesting outliers against the mean of a population of over a billion people.

I bet China's got some of the shortest midget wrestlers too. :D