[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How's the home schedule?

PantherDave

The Cat's have a good home schedule this year in that the stronger teams we play(outside of home/away division games) come to Charlotte, and we get the weaker teams on the road.

Non Division home games- Patriots, Packers(MN), Vikings, Jets, and Cowboys

So, how long till KO????? Peace PD.

The Cat's have a good home schedule this year in that the stronger teams we play(outside of home/away division games) come to Charlotte, and we get the weaker teams on the road.

Non Division home games- Patriots, Packers(MN), Vikings, Jets, and Cowboys

So, how long till KO????? Peace PD.

838621[/snapback]

Yeah my team (Bucs) got a raw deal.

Home: Bears, Lions, Bills, Redskins,

Road: Packers, Vikings, Jets, Pats

One of the worst teams record-wise last season and look at where they have to travel to this year. :D

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

One of the worst teams record-wise last season and look at where they have to travel to this year.  :D

838769[/snapback]

a little weird. they play all of the NFC north and 3/4 of the AFC east (i think it is the east, maybe north)

a little weird. they play all of the NFC north and 3/4 of the AFC east (i think it is the east, maybe north)

838776[/snapback]

Yeah they also play Miami at home and San Fran on the road. Sorry, one too many for me tonight. So it would go:

Home: Bears, Lions, Bills, Redskins, Dolphins

Road: Packers, Vikings, Jets, Pats, 49ers

Home schedule for the Bolts isn't too bad:

Rams, 49ers, Cowboys, Steelers, Chiefs, Bills, Raiders, Dolphins, and Broncos.

It's the AWAY games that are particularly rough:

Broncos, Patriots, Raiders, Eagles, Jets, Redskins, Colts, and Chiefs! :D

838776[/snapback]

Well it's not that weird-Why? The NFL is into the 4th season of realignment(sp), so the record of the previous year only matters in two (2) games. Here is the breakdown.

Each team will of course play home/away within the division for six(6) games.

The divisions are on a rotation now of who they play(outside of division games), and they play a division from the NFC and the AFC(I'll stick with the NFC South since it's the Panthers division)-The NFC South plays(Panthers,Falcs,Bucs,Saints) the NFC North and the AFC East for eight (8) games.

The remaining two games are determined by your finish in your division(the Panthers finished third (3rd) in the south), and you will be matched against the same place finishers in the other two divisions in your conference. The Panthers are playing the entire NFC North, so the Panthers will play the 3rd place team from the NFC East (Cowboys) and the NFC West (Cardinals)-two (2) games.

That gives you sixteen (16) games. The years of getting a easy schedule because of a poor record the year before is over. A team could go 0-16 and have a brutal schedule due to the rotation now in place. The Panthers just got the luck of the draw I guess, and got all the heavyweights in Charlotte anf the lesser on the road.

Bengals got a good home-away schedule:

Home: Steelers, Ravens, Browns, Houston, Indianapolis, Buffalo, Green Bay, Minnesota

Road: Steelers, Ravens, Browns, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City, Bears, Lions

For the full-division opponents, they definitely got most of the better teams (at least on paper) at home. Would rather swap Buff and KC for the other two, but all in all, a good schedule.

Bengals got a good home-away schedule:

Home: Steelers, Ravens, Browns, Houston, Indianapolis, Buffalo, Green Bay, Minnesota

Road: Steelers, Ravens, Browns, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City, Bears, Lions

For the full-division opponents, they definitely got most of the better teams (at least on paper) at home.  Would rather swap Buff and KC for the other two, but all in all, a good schedule.

838969[/snapback]

Don't us Bengals have the hardest schedule this year? Or was that last year? (I live in Cincy)

-ATL

The 9ers have been in one of the easiest divisions for a couple years now, so no complaints with the schedule....to bad they suck so bad that they can't even eek out more than two wins. I'm predicting no more than 3 wins this year (please note that my prediction has extreme optimism). :doah:

One of the worst teams record-wise last season and look at where they have to travel to this year.  :D

838769[/snapback]

Let me sew a silver lining to this dark cloud.

Packers home record 2004: 4-4 (add a 5th loss if you count the playoffs)

Vikings home record 2004: 5-3

These two are not exactly invinsible at home.

But wait... there's more.

The NFL splits the number of home and away games evenly because everyone's supposed to win their home games. You know, parity and all. If you win all your home games like your supposed to then you're at least 8-8. In the case of this year's Bucs schedule the likelyhood of them winning their home games has increased dramatically due to scheduling. So if they take care of business at home, which they'll probably be favored to do in at least 6 of the 8 if not all 8 games and they win a couple on the road then bingo, you have a 10-6 record and you're in the playoffs. The downside of course is that this year's schedule dictates that they almost have to run the table at home to have a reasonable shot at the playoffs.

The downside of course is that this year's schedule dictates that they almost have to run the table at home to have a reasonable shot at the playoffs.

839203[/snapback]

Thats what I'm afraid of. Tampa has normally had great success at home due to the humidity and temp. However, the last 2 seasons have come down to missed FG and extra points or blowing a huge 4th quarter lead to the colts after Keyshawn runs his mouth to the camera. :D

CHI SEA SF PHI OAK SD NYG DAL

@DAL @DEN @KC @NYG @TB @STL @ARZ @PHI

This is an ok schedule overall. Pretty balanced with some tough opponents and some weak oppoenents. If we can generate some offense and maintain the defensive play I see the Redskins better than 8-8 if they squeak out a couple games. Imagine if Jansen comes back strong and the O line gels, the introduction of zone blocking schemes lets Portis get free like the old Portis, and Ramsey stretches the field even a little with the little quicksters like Santana Moss?

The defense was third overall last year and the above scenario is not all that far fetched. And if it is, you will explain why to me now.