[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Mock Draft

Ziachild007

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His auto-pick may have been taken ahead of him or something... his first pick came right after mine.

843108[/snapback]

darin, although I appreciate your analysis of how Max's picks went down I have to ask this question... How in the world did you check out the progress of the mock then come here and evaluate his pick situation and not realize you had a pick yourself coming up in less than an hour? :D

I've joined the lowest of the lowest on computer control. Tell ya what, you guys all line up and kick me. I couldn't make 2nd auto pick all depended on who I got with 1st. I thought at the rate it was moving along I would be back in time but I got caught up. You know if everyone would be around right away we could do 1 of these in a few hours.

darin, although I appreciate your analysis of how Max's picks went down I have to ask this question... How in the world did you check out the progress of the mock then come here and evaluate his pick situation and not realize you had a pick yourself coming up in less than an hour?   :D

843255[/snapback]

:D I set my pre-set with 4 players and for some reason it didn't pick any of them... don't know what to say...

Edit: Did it count me down 12 hours? Sorry, as your signature says... sleep is a worthy foe.

Edited by darin3

most of the teams look pretty good.  No huge surprises except maybe a DEF taken in rd. 6!

847935[/snapback]

Yup, that was me. Like I noted in the draft comments, I could have gone QB, but there were 4-5 that were available that were all about the same, and almost all teams had a decent QB already. Didn't want to take a backup RB or WR, so opted for the hands-down best team DEF. :D

QB - I think Manning will lock on with Burress and still has a decent Toomer, and of course Shockey. Having Tiki to throw to out of the backfield helps too. Volek was a bit of a reach, but when has McNair ever been healthy?

RB - Starters are solid in Alexander and CuMar, but took gambles on rest. Hey, that's why it's a mock... wanted to see what would fall to me. Duckett could easily be the featured back for the Falcons, ditto with Shelton on the Panthers. Buckhalter's gonna get goal-line carries for the Eagles and Pittman will slide in when/if Cadillac craps the bed.

WR - Pretty strong here, 3 #1 WRs, Porter, who's the elite of #2 WRs (OK perhaps Wayne is the best #2) and Galloway, who will see plenty of deep balls for Tampa.

K - Who really cares, but I have the best.

D - Ditto, and ditto. Explained more above.

Fun draft, although it lagged in spots.

Well we finally finished.

rosters

most of the teams look pretty good.  No huge surprises except maybe a DEF taken in rd. 6!

also swampnuts didn't even draft a DEF.

847935[/snapback]

This thing took so long I forgot what I was doing. I thought the draft was 16 rounds. I took a kicker with 15 with the intention of taking a D at 16. My bad.

Not a bad draft in all. I went my usual route of taking RB's when I can't decide who to take. I like my starting lineup and have plenty of depth at RB.

QB Hasselbeck

RB J. Lewis

RB K. Jones

WR A. Johnson

WR D. Mason

TE T. Heap

K J. Kasay

With Cadillac, Bettis, Suggs, and Toefield in reserve I'd have plenty of trade bait to upgrade at #2 WR.

I like Darin's team with the exception of his QB.

Miscreants has a balanced squad that should perform every week.

Same with the Truth, I like his starters, but not the bench.