[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is it that the Saints need?

-yeah Cornhole... Haslett is great. He's done alot for you. Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to my Sports center clips...jerk-off.

871720[/snapback]

Nice response. Exactly what part of the following do you not understand?

Personal attacks, spaming, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are not allowed. Posts that can be deemed profane, vulgar, abusive, racial, sexually oriented, invasive of a person's privacy, offensive, harassing, inflammatory or unlawful are not allowed. All such posts will be deleted and can lead to your account being suspended or banned.

Some interesting comments from a June article by Len Pasquarelli:

...Then again, given the uncertainty of the Saints' situation, maybe Haslett is better off without the extension. Truth be told, Haslett is more highly regarded around the league than the 43-39 record he has forged in five seasons might indicate. Yeah, the Saints have been an incredibly underachieving team at times during Haslett's tenure, but he is viewed in favor by a lot of general managers. So maybe the best thing Haslett can do is guide the Saints to a playoff berth in 2005, enhance his own standing in the league and then try to bolt a franchise that probably wouldn't bar the front door if he attempted to leave...

Len Pasquarelli ESPN.com article

----------------------------------------------------------------

"they were absolutely horrible" for the first 12 games of 2004, but played very well the final 4 games.  Allowed at least 20 pts in every one of the first 12 games, but no more than 18 in any of the final 4 games.  This corresponded with several things:  Mike McKenzie settling in at CB, and the 3 young guys (2 rookies - Watson and Bockwoldt,  along with 3rd year James Allen) starting at LB.  This year, replacing Tebucky Jones with Dwight Smith is a big upgrade -- Jones was a huge dissappointment while Smith is a playmaker.  Al Fincher may push for the starting MLB spot.  And there's some cautious optimism that Jonathon Sullivan is finally growing up and may be a factor this year.

No, they won't be a top 10 D this year, but should be a respectable unit that takes some pressure off the offense.

You have got to be kidding.

Seems like this is the common thought from folks who see Sportscenter clips or a random Saints game here or there.  But nope, as an avid Saints fan, I just don't see it that way.

870031[/snapback]

do you really belive you can say this is a common thought from people who see sportscenter clips,... etc, and not elicit a response? -C'mon Cornhole, don't dish it if you can't take it.

do you really belive you can say this is a common thought from people who see sportscenter clips,... etc, and not elicit a response? -C'mon Cornhole, don't dish it if you can't take it.

872156[/snapback]

Not sure what crawled up your arse, but I'd advise you to go re-read Cordo's post. In no way was what he said even remotely antagonizing & your response was way WAY out of line.

Hey Ragin, he refered to my serious opinion as "folks who see sportscenter clips or the occasional Saints game".

Maybe next time you post an opinion he'll insinuate you are a fair-weather football fan who forms his opinions from watching sportscenter clips...maybe you should re-read the insulting post.

Hey Ragin, he refered to my serious opinion as "folks who see sportscenter clips or the occasional Saints game".

Maybe next time you post an opinion he'll insinuate you are a fair-weather football fan who forms his opinions from watching sportscenter clips...maybe you should re-read the insulting post.

875300[/snapback]

So are you a Saints fan? Is that why you're offended? Are you from the area, because your profile doesn't say so? And while I recognize you when I see your posts you haven't been around long and I still don't know you well enough to know much personal info on you. Therefore one would have to assume that you only get to see the random Saints game, Sportscenter clip or news article and, generally speaking most of the stuff on Haslett is pretty negative...therefore making that the "common thought".

I've known Cordo on these boards for a while & I'm pretty positive his comment wasn't meant to be a snipe at you. Regardless of whether you're a fan or not what he said wasn't something that warranted ther personal attack & I still think you went over the line.

Been around awhile. Longer than my date says because I changed my whole identity because other people from my league were on this site and at the time I thought it was important to hide my identity (would'nt want any rivals viewing the all important WDIS posts I was posting back then)-(LOL)

I have since abandon all attempts at identity concealment.

Not a Saints fan, (browns),-however, I watch a whole lot of football and research it even more. I don't appreciate my opinion being lumped in with people who formulate their opinions merely from sportscenter clips.

So again, I am surprised anyone who follows football regularly, (and me more than most),-as do you Cajn, does'nt agree Haslett is the glaring weakness in that organization.

Been around awhile. Longer than my date says because I changed my whole identity because other people from my league were on this site and at the time I thought it was important to hide my identity (would'nt want any rivals viewing the all important WDIS posts I was posting back then)-(LOL)

I have since abandon all attempts at identity concealment.

Not a Saints fan, (browns),-however, I watch a whole lot of football and research it even more. I don't appreciate my opinion being lumped in with people who formulate their opinions merely from sportscenter clips.

So again, I am surprised anyone who follows football regularly, (and me more than most),-as do you Cajn, does'nt agree Haslett is the glaring weakness in that organization.

875572[/snapback]

I personally think the jury is still out. Haslett's biggest fault IMO is he put way too long a leash on the team, including the coordinators. We'll see this year if he's learned his lesson. I doubt it, but I still don't think that he's a bad coach. Maybe just better suited as a coordinator. But what Cordo said still holds true...that IS the common opinion among people who watch the occasional game or see us on Sportscenter...I still can't understand why that offended you to the point of making personal attacks.

So are you a Saints fan? Is that why you're offended? Are you from the area, because your profile doesn't say so? And while I recognize you when I see your posts you haven't been around long and I still don't know you well enough to know much personal info on you. Therefore one would have to assume that you only get to see the random Saints game, Sportscenter clip or news article and, generally speaking most of the stuff on Haslett is pretty negative...therefore making that the "common thought".

I've known Cordo on these boards for a while & I'm pretty positive his comment wasn't meant to be a snipe at you. Regardless of whether you're a fan or not what he said wasn't something that warranted ther personal attack & I still think you went over the line.

875505[/snapback]

Hey rajn, how goes it ? Not sure why that guy got so agitated, but I certainly don't come to this board for that kind of crap. He acted like I insulted his first born or something :D. The powers that be took care of it quickly :D. Plus, I don't hesitate to use the ignore function, it works very well when someone like that shows up.

I read your post re: the storm and such. Always take solace in the fact that - yes, you wasted some time and money, but you are going back to little or no damage. We're about ready to put up the white flag over here. Two Cat 3 hurricanes making landfall within 50 miles (eye of Dennis actually less than 30 miles) TWICE WITHIN 10 months? Unbelievable. Saw a story on the news last night - showed a man and his daughter (she was probably 10 or so). Their home demolished again after just moving back in recently, little girl was crying. Heartbreaking.

I've got a question for ya, mind if I shoot you a PM ?

I read your post re: the storm and such.  Always take solace in the fact that - yes, you wasted some time and money, but you are going back to little or no damage.  We're about ready to put up the white flag over here.  Two Cat 3 hurricanes making landfall within 50 miles (eye of Dennis actually less than 30 miles) TWICE WITHIN 10 months?  Unbelievable.  Saw a story on the news last night - showed a man and his daughter (she was probably 10 or so).  Their home demolished again after just moving back in recently, little girl was crying.  Heartbreaking.

I've got a question for ya, mind if I shoot you a PM ?

875620[/snapback]

Man that sucks...poor people. I really feel sorry for the Florida folks, they've had more than their fair share of heartbreaks...especially those in the panhandle. :D

Any questions you have feel free to PM me anytime.

Again,...didn't just "show up"...been around a while. Maybe the opinoin that Haslett sucks is not just the opinion of SC clip watchers...maybe it's the opinion of everyone except die-hard Saints fans. The "jury" is not out...they've been retired for quite some time.

by-the-by, anyone in harms way down there has our prayers...much rather argue with you guys than be without you.

Man that sucks...poor people. I really feel sorry for the Florida folks, they've had more than their fair share of heartbreaks...especially those in the panhandle. :D

875676[/snapback]

Thanks!

Any questions you have feel free to PM me anytime.

875676[/snapback]

And done.

Also, I'm remiss in saying thanks for having my back.

I pretty much agree with your Haslett assessment. I'd add - he's loyal to his players, to an absolute fault. Since he took over in 2000, the Saints have the 13th best regular season NFL record of the 31 teams that have been in the league over that time. Main criticism is that they've only made the playoffs once in 5 years (arguably last year should have twice -- still waiting for someone to explain the NFL tiebreaker rationale, where we lose out to the Rams and Vikings, though we beat the Rams head-to-head and had a better conference record than Minny). And if a respected writer like Len Pasquarelli says he's viewed favorably around the league, that's good enough for me.

Again,...didn't  just "show up"...been around a while. Maybe the opinoin that Haslett sucks is not just the opinion of SC clip watchers...maybe it's the opinion of everyone except die-hard Saints fans. The "jury" is not out...they've been retired for quite some time.

by-the-by, anyone in harms way down there has our prayers...much rather argue with you guys than be without you.

875857[/snapback]

Maybe because the local fans know more about what's going on with the team, the ownership & the coaches than some douchebag know-it-all on a FF MB who seems to be claiming to know all the in's & out's of all 32 NFL teams including our beloved Saints who we've been bleeding for all our f***king lives. Give me a f***ing break. :middlefinger:

The Saints need a city and state that can afford them. It's going to become a distraction sooner than later.

867144[/snapback]

Sorry to break up the lovefest :D:D:D going on in this thread, but, we need to lighten the mood a little.

Saints to get $$ from slot machines

Maybe the Saints players can have a line of slot machines :D ...I can see it now...the Joe Horn machines ringing in the background.... Deuce's Wild...The Adrian McPherson Sports Book!

Who was that guy they cut for stealing from people's wallets in the locker room?

Edited by cmoore

Talk about a personal attack! -it's o.k. Rajin, I can take it.

-to have the opinion that Haslett is not the best fit for the team right now, or even to say he sucks, hardley requires one to be a local, or to know everything about all teams.

Easy Rajin, all that bold type is not good for your blood pressure...

Yours truly,

Douchebag

Talk about a personal attack! -it's o.k. Rajin, I can take it.

-to have the opinion that Haslett is not the best fit for the team right now, or even to say he sucks, hardley requires one to be a local, or to know everything about all teams.

Easy Rajin, all that bold type is not good for your blood pressure...

Yours truly,

Douchebag

876231[/snapback]

LMAO...pulled a Sarge there. Look, you make my point for me. It doesn't take a fan to form the opinion that Haslett sucks because that's all you see from the general media. That's what Cordo was trying to say. But it does take a fan who's closer and knows more about the team than your average joe-blow NFL fan to see around all that. I can guarantee you we get WAY more info on the Saints than you could possibly get wherever you are. Call it homerism, call it optimism, I call it informed. I believe we will certainly find out once & for all this season.

Sorry to break up the lovefest  :D  :D  :D going on in this thread, but, we need to lighten the mood a little.

Maybe the Saints players can have a line of slot machines  :D ...I can see it now...the Joe Horn machines ringing in the background.... Deuce's Wild...The Adrian McPherson Sports Book!

Who was that guy they cut for stealing from people's wallets in the locker room?

876169[/snapback]

:D:D Very nice, cmoore! :D

And this thread definitely needed it. I'm not sure why rajn feels the need to put this H&L dude in his place...I mean, when I'm trying to find rajn for some trade negotiations, he's MIA, but he somehow finds time to write several responses to "Douchebag". :D

:D:D Very nice, cmoore! :D

And this thread definitely needed it. I'm not sure why rajn feels the need to put this H&L dude in his place...I mean, when I'm trying to find rajn for some trade negotiations, he's MIA, but he somehow finds time to write several responses to "Douchebag". :D

876502[/snapback]

:D If you wanna talk trade just PM me anytime.

The guy that was stealing was Albert Connell.

And as far as Haslett goes, we'll see this year. We don't have a choice. I think his leash has been too long. He has a new O coordinator and fought to keep Venturi. I think Venturi has some compromising pics of Benson or something.

From my point of view, I hope he stays, makes the playoffs, renews his contract, and puts enough butts in the seats to make our idiot governor want to keep them in NO.

Sorry to break up the lovefest  :D  :D  :D going on in this thread, but, we need to lighten the mood a little.

Maybe the Saints players can have a line of slot machines  :D ...I can see it now...the Joe Horn machines ringing in the background.... Deuce's Wild...The Adrian McPherson Sports Book!

876169[/snapback]

I've always thought the slot machines were a good "out of the box" way to generate some money. I know the idea has come up in the past but could never be implemented for some reason. Anyone able to refresh my memory on why it never passed before? And why stop at the Fairgrounds? Why not collect revenue with them in other places? The airport seems like an obvious place to start. If they are estimating revenue of 6-12 million at just the fairgrounds it would seem you plop em in a few other places (in the dome?) and the bills close to paid.