[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Baseball updates

whomper

How are you fantasy baseball guys going? Im in 2 head to head leagues and 1 RBI league. In 1 head to head league I won the first place at the break prize. Im 11-3 after starting 0-2 and I have high points. In league # 2 im partners with a friend of mine. We are 7-7. We have a decent team and right now would take the last playoff spot if the playoffs were to start today..My RBI team is in the tank. I have guys underachieving and was bitten by the injury bug. Matt Holliday,Nevin,Larry Walker hurt a lot. VMart only 35 RBIs my other guys Tejada and Wells have done a nice job. Beltran underachieved..How are you guys doing?

Edited by whomper

How are you fantasy baseball guys going? Im in 2 head to head leagues and 1 RBI league. In 1 head to head league I won the first place at the break prize. Im 11-3 after starting 0-2 and I have high points. In league # 2 im partners with a  friend of mine. We are 7-7. We have a decent team and right now would take the last playoff spot if the playoffs were to start today..My RBI team is in the tank. I have guys underachieving and was bitten by the injury bug. Matt Holliday,Nevin,Larry Walker hurt a lot. VMart only 35 RBIs my other guys Tejada and Wells have done a nice job. Beltran underachieved..How are you guys doing?

873303[/snapback]

I'm not doing so hot in my two leagues that mean anything to me.

BOTH League - Huddle on the Diamond (16-team H2H):

I'm currently floundering. 12th out of 16, with only 6 teams making it to the playoffs. It's a H2H league, and I seem to lose weeks by the smallest of margins. Loss is a loss, though. :D I am, however, only about 5 games off from making the playoffs, so we'll see how my team fares in the 2nd half. I have the studs to do it: Teixeira, Beltre, Andruw Jones, and Oswalt. Having guys like Ordonez, Boone (he'll land somewhere) and Piazza will be the make-or-breaks. I have some solid trade bait guys, too. Gotta make some deals and have a hot 2nd half to compete. Been fun, so far.

11-team Roto League:

I'm the defending champ, so I'm not taking much guff from the other league owners, although I'm wallowing in the bottom third of the standings. Currently 8th out of 11, but there's definitely promise. On paper, you gotta say "wow" to this lineup: V-mart, Big Papi, Utley, Wright, Tejada, Casey, M. Young, Sizemore, Damon, Sheff, LoDuca, Miles, Patterson (got sent down - blah!), Hidalgo, Miles... and Moose, Sheets, Pettitte, Ol. Perez (on the DL), Cordero, Baez, Dempster... Good news here is I am WAYYY behind in the max innings pace. So I have a ton of "semi-solid" starters (Pavano, Lackey, Westbrook) that I will put into good situations that'll hopefully yield me wins, Ks and good numbers.

10-team H2H ESPN League:

I don't really know why I joined this league. I guess for nothing else, a mock draft for my other more important leagues. In any case, I'm doing pretty good here. I've been in first in my division for most of the season. A guy tied it up leading into the All-Star Break at 75-65. The other division leader is at 82-58 and followed by a team at 78-62. So essentially tied for 3rd. My team is sick. V-mart, Overbay, Castillo (after losing Boone), Chavez, Renteria, Beltran, Abreu, Gonzo, Wells, Floyd, Guillen, Feliz, Hunter, Boone (he'll land somewhere), Sweeney, with Javy Lopez on the DL. Pitchers include: Moose, Colon, Rogers (a-hole) and Prior for starters (I really need to trade for a top-line starter to go with Prior... I get "outstarted" each week) and Cordero, Looper, Baez, Batista, Shields and Bruney as relievers (I win saves weekly). So I'll make the playoffs here, but honestly, this may be the last time I use ESPN for fantasy sports (outside of basketball, maybe). Nothing but idiots in these random leagues, and they're making you pay even MORE to get content. Lame.

OK, sorry for the novel. :D

I'm in the Huddle on the Diamond league as well.

Losing Gagne has hurt.

Losing Lyons for a majority of the season has hurt.

Losing Bradley for a good part of the season has hurt.

Santana underperforming has hurt.

Lowell underperforming has hurt.

Izturis injury has hurt.

But

The second half uplift of Schilling, Lyons, Izturis and Bradley added in to a roster of mostly solid players (Dunn, Utley, Polanco, Randa, Crosby, V Wells, Encarnacion, Varitek, Willis, Santana, Street, etc..) Should really give me a boost. I am in fifth, and have has a tough few weeks. I'm looking to climb out of the break :D

• 4 weeks later...

Ive totally gone in the tank since the break. I will make the playoffs in both leagues but in the 1 league that I was top seed at the break.I havent won since. Im in a tailspin. I really cant explain it either.I lost Halladay but other than that Its the same team. :D