[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What to do with the swing pick

EZDoesit

When picking first in either a 10 or 12 team, performance scoring league..... Has anyone ever had the RB @ 1 and double wide receiver with the swing at 20/21 or 24/25 work out for them? If so, who the heck were those receivers, and were they the biggest reasons why your team did well that year.

It all depends on who falls. This year, in a 10 team league, I think that strategy could work very well. There's so many RBs, that you should still get a starter at 4.10/5.1. For example if two of Owens/Moss/Harrison/Holt/CJ were there, assuming I had Tomlinson, I'd go for it.

You might also consider going QB/WR if Culpepper is there.

12 team league I'd be less likely since RBs just don't last as long. But, again, it depends on who's falling.

Here's a cool tool that will show you what might be available to you at those picks

I can't remember if I've ever done it or not. I remember one team had the 10th and 11th (swing) pick one year and took Harrison and Owens. I think this was two seasons ago. their team didn't fare to well. But it all comes down to what you do with yer picks when you get the chance.

Here's a cool tool that will show you what might be available to you at those picks

I can't remember if I've ever done it or not. I remember one team had the 10th and 11th (swing) pick one year and took Harrison and Owens. I think this was two seasons ago. their team didn't fare to well. But it all comes down to what you do with yer picks when you get the chance.

876480[/snapback]

I've taken Harrison/Owens with the 1.12 and 2.01 picks one year. It didn't work out that bad, but I was disappointed with the overall team. It's a TD only league so I'll take the scores anywhere they'll come from.

It all depends on who falls.  This year, in a 10 team league, I think that strategy could work very well.  There's so many RBs, that you should still get a starter at 4.10/5.1.  For example if two of Owens/Moss/Harrison/Holt/CJ were there, assuming I had Tomlinson, I'd go for it.

You might also consider going QB/WR if Culpepper is there.

12 team league I'd be less likely since RBs just don't last as long.  But, again, it depends on who's falling.

876477[/snapback]

I used the ADP tool for a 14 team league with Flex/TE and it didn't show Randy Moss and Terrell Owens anywhere. It had Harrison as the first WR selected followed by Holt and CJ. Is this thing as good as it seems?

Also, a guy in one of my leagues had the 14th pick in a 14 team league 2 years ago and went with Moss and Harrison with the 14 and 15. He struggled all year trying to get a solid RB and didn't fare to well at the end of the season.

In my dynasty league 4 years ago I had the #1 pick in the serpintine draft.

I took Marshall Faulk, and with the swing picks at #20 and #21 I threw the whole league into a tizzy by taking Randy Moss and Terrell Owens........

I have yet to NOT make the superbowl in our league.....too bad I cant seem to win the dang thing.

Since then I've done very well with the rookie drafts, and snatching talent off the waiver wires.

I used the ADP tool for a 14 team league with Flex/TE and it didn't show Randy Moss and Terrell Owens anywhere.  It had Harrison as the first WR selected followed by Holt and CJ.  Is this thing as good as it seems?

876498[/snapback]

switch it to include "all mocks" Moss is in at 10 and Owens at 18

It's never worked for me. Then again, I have very bad luck selecting WRs to draft at 3.1.

At the 1.1 spot I generally feel compelled to get at least 2 RBs because of the degredation in #2 RB quality that would be availble to me at 4.12/5.1.

I would be more inclinde to try the strategy at the 1.12 spot, only I'd likely go WR/RB at 1.12/2.1 and then get my second WR at 3.12.

When picking first in either a 10 or 12 team, performance scoring league..... Has anyone ever had the RB @ 1 and double wide receiver with the swing at 20/21 or 24/25 work out for them?  If so, who the heck were those receivers, and were they the biggest reasons why your team did well that year.

876473[/snapback]

Two years ago, I drafted LT2 1st in my 10 team league, I picked up Joe Horn and Eric Moulds. I won the league...but...in spite of this not because of it. Moulds killed me, and the next receiver I drafted was Rod Gardner... :D However, my league was a modified keeper league giving me the opportunity to keep any two people I drafted after the 4th round. I kept some worthless guy named Barlow and Jamal Lewis. I also picked up DJAX late and Steve Smith from Waiver Wires.

I still like the theory, but WR are always tricky. If you are in a 12 team league the WR's that will be there may hold higher risk. I mean how many times do the preseason top ten and post season top ten match? No substitute for being strong at RB, though. And as my season showed me, you can improve during the season at WR easier than almost anywhere.

Good luck.