[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

unofficial Mock 6 thread

T-Scorp

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ratboy made an illegal pick ... Lee Suggs was his SIXTH RB ... the rules specifically state that a set roster is to be drafted:

2 QB

5 RB

5 WR

2 TE

2 PK

2 DF

Perhaps people should familiarize themselves with the rules BEFORE they sign up for a mock draft ...

I'd say that there are several owners with only THREE RBs that will object to ratboy taking Suggs in that spot.

Of course we have no idea who ratboy is ...

879521[/snapback]

That was the sixth RB Ratboy drafted but he traded L. Johnson to Team Bounce for McMichael. So, Suggs is his 5th RB.

That was the sixth RB Ratboy drafted but he traded L. Johnson to Team Bounce for McMichael.  So, Suggs is his 5th RB.

879539[/snapback]

Mocks w/ trades? Hmm... :D Better ensure DMD knows about it, or his writeup will include at least 1 "F". :D

I am out for the night. Pre-Selected my last Kicker. This went pretty smoothly, looks like we will get it done all in one day and didn't start until the afternoon, not bad even if it was only an 8 team. Looking over my team I think I did ok. Not real happy at WR since I will have a hole to fill in week 6. If this was a real draft though I wouldn't have taken Driver in that slot anyway.

All in all though good draft guys, it was a pleasure.

DRAFT LINK

MikesVikes

QB

Culpepper, D

Plummer, J

RB

Bennett, M

Brown, C

Faulk, M

Jones, J

Tomlinson, L

WR

Bennett, D

Colbert, K

Smith, S

Stokley, B

Williams, R

TE

Crumpler, A

Wiggins, J

K

Graham, S

Stover, M

D/ST

Bengals D/ST

Falcons D/ST

blaw

QB

Brooks, A

Green, T

RB

Bell, T

Bettis, J

Dillon, C

McAllister, D

Toefield, L

WR

Chambers, C

Driver, D

Fitzgerald, L

Johnson, A

Walker, J

TE

Heap, T

Jolley, D

K

Akers, D

Reed, J

D/ST

Colts D/ST

Eagles D/ST

Ratboy

QB

Delhomme, J

Manning, P

RB

Dunn, W

Jones, K

Jordan, L

Lewis, J

Suggs, L

WR

Bruce, I

Burleson, N

Edwards, B

Evans, L

Wayne, R

TE

Cooley, C

McMichael, R

K

Kaeding, N

Longwell, R

D/ST

Jets D/ST

Ravens D/ST

Team Bounce

QB

Brady, T

Favre, B

RB

Duckett, T

Holmes, P

Jackson, S

Johnson, L

Martin, C

WR

Boldin, A

Harrison, M

Muhammad, M

Rogers, C

Smith, J

TE

Gonzalez, T

Johnson, T

K

Elam, J

Feely, J

D/ST

Cowboys D/ST

Panthers D/ST

ZiaZia

QB

Collins, K

Vick, M

RB

Barlow, K

Green, A

James, E

Portis, C

Williams, C

WR

Burress, P

Coles, L

Johnson, C

Moulds, E

Ward, H

TE

Johnson, E

Shockey, J

K

Carney, J

Janikowski, S

D/ST

Buccaneers D/ST

Vikings D/ST

Long Ballers

QB

Hasselbeck, M

Palmer, C

RB

Benson, C

Brown, R

Davis, D

Jones, T

Staley, D

WR

Horn, J

Houshmandzadeh, T

Jackson, D

Moss, R

Smith, R

TE

Franks, B

Gates, A

K

Brown, J

Wilkins, J

D/ST

Bills D/ST

Dolphins D/ST

Me and MY uncle

QB

Brees, D

McNabb, D

RB

Arrington, J

Barber, T

Foster, D

McGahee, W

Moore, M

WR

Clayton, M

Lelie, A

Mason, D

Owens, T

Williamson, T

TE

Clark, D

Troupe, B

K

Tynes, L

Vanderjagt, M

D/ST

Bears D/ST

Patriots D/ST

TScorp

QB

Bulger, M

Pennington, C

RB

Alexander, S

Henry, T

Johnson, R

Taylor, F

Westbrook, B

WR

Branch, D

Holt, T

Kennison, E

Moss, S

Porter, J

TE

Smith, L.J.

Witten, J

K

Dawson, P

Vinatieri, A

D/ST

Redskins D/ST

Steelers D/ST

Edited by Ziachild007

In a 8 tram draft the idea is to get a top player(s) at each position. I feel I did that....

Top 4 QB in Bulger

Top 3 RB in Alexander

Top 4 WR in Holt

Top 3 TE in Whitten

Top 3 Kicker in Vinatieri

Top 4 Defense in Steelers

Minor screw up in 4th round as I took Bulger (pre select) instead of a WR...MikesVikes had already taken C-pep in round 3 and did not need a QB at pick 4.8 and 5.1. Meant to take my 2nd WR there but since MV took WR/WR decided to go for Whitten instead. Overall grade should be A-

All in all I like my team (you should in an 8 team draft) WR's will need to managed on a weekly basis as I have no clear cut #2 or #3. Good depth at RB especially if Taylor stays healthy and Henry get traded to a team that will use him.

Best QB's Ratboy

Best RB's Zia Zia

Best WR's Long Ballers

Overall good draft as all teams look very good.

In a 8 tram draft the idea is to get a top player(s) at each position.  I feel I did that....

Top 4 QB in Bulger

Top 3 RB in Alexander

Top 4 WR in Holt

Top 3 TE in Whitten

Top 3 Kicker in Vinatieri

Top 4 Defense in Steelers

And this compares to the other squads how?

Each team is obviously different, but strong enough in it's own way

MikesVikes have CPep, LT, JJ, SSmith to lead the way.

blaw has Dillon, McAllister, Walker, AJohnson, Heap

Ratboy has Manning, Lewis, KJones, Wayne, Burleson, Baltimore

Bounce has Holmes, Martin, Harrison, Gonzo

Zia has James, Portis, CJohnson

Ballers have DDavis, Moss, Horn, DJackson, Gates, Buff (wow nice WRs-TE)

Yukon has McNabb, McGahee, Barber, Owens, Clayton, DClark, NE

Scorp has Bulger, Alexander, RJohnson, Holt, Witten

Best QB's Ratboy

Best RB's Zia Zia

Best WR's Long Ballers

Overall good draft as all teams look very good.

880151[/snapback]

I think I'd take LT and JJ over Zia's RBs.

Brief wrap up:

MikesVikes

Nice start in LT, Culpepper, JJones ... but I believe instead of JJones he shoud have taken CJohnson (at pick 3.01). With LT he could have still reached another RB in the 4/5 swing.

TScorp

I like the first 3 picks ... Alexander, Holt, RJohnson. Too soon for Bulger in the 4th. Witten was okay in the 5th. Bad reach for SMoss in the 6th, followed by Porter in the 7th ... don't like either pick.

Ratboy

Manning at 3.01 is not bad in an 8 man league still got Jamal Lewis in the 2nd and Kevin Jones in the 3rd. Very nice start. Followed by 2 nice WR picks in Wayne and Burleson. Should probably have passed on Jordan in the 6th for a starter at another position though ... say Crumpler or a defense.

Team Bounce

Gambled with Holmes in the 4 hole ... I would have taken Edge myself. Followed with Harrison and Gonzo for a nice 1-2-3. Grabbed Curtis Martin in the 4th and another RB in the 5th ... this was a mistake. Bounce should have passed on SJackson and grabbed a better quality WR. Should have taken Darrell Jackson NOT Stephen Jackson. Drafting depth before starters are filled in an 8 man league doesn't generall work.

Zia

I would have been thrilled to get Edge in the 5th slot. Add Portis and Chad Johnson for a very solid 3 players. Ahman Green in the 4th was good but taking Hines in the 5th was a mistake. Another owner that should have taken Darrell Jackson or any number of other WRs. Grabbed Shockey next then Coles and Collins. I don't particularily care for any of those players so this team took a turn for the worse as far as I am concerned.

Long Ballers

Nothing wrong with the Moss pick, getting the top WR is a good thing. Still landed DDavis in round 2 and then grabbed Gates in the 3rd. Very solid three players even if only 1 of them is a RB. Then probably surprised a few by resisting the urge to grab another RB and grabbed Joe Horn ... I liked the move ... the team now has a solid 4 players, all difference makers. Then another surprise in the 5th as the Ballers pass on RBs again by taking Darrell Jackson. Now this team has the top WRs and TEs in the league and still has DDavis. So far so good. 6th round finally sees another RB in Bensen. If Bensen lives up to his hype this team is looking very solid. Buffalo in the 7th, another top position player. Then grabbed Ronnie Brown in the 8th ... meaning either Bensen OR Brown could work out. Hasslebeck in the 9th is good value and while not a top 5 QB will do his part ... 10th rounder Palmer may supplant Hasslebeck by mid-year in the starting lineup, although I'm not sure taking back-to-back QBs was the right thing to do? But with all other starters set I guess it was okay. I like this team alot.

Me and MY Uncle

McGahee in the 1st, Owens in the 2nd, McNabb and Barber in the 3rd and 4th. Another team off to a great start. Clark in the 5th and Clayton in the 6th. NE and Lelie after that. Another team that took a similiar approach to the Long Ballers in that it looked to grab top talent in the starting positions before going for depth. I like this team too ... but not as much as I like the Ballers.

blaw

McAllister and Dillon are a solid backfield. Added Walker and AJohnson for 2 great WRs. Green and Heap came next and this team was walking the same path as the Ballers and Uncle. Driver was the 3rd starting WR then grabbed T.Bell. Not a bad team.

Here are the draft results when you add in the Huddle's projections to each QB, RB, WR, & TE drafted.

Starter Pts

MikesVikes 1475

Me and My Uncle 1466

ZiaZia 1462

Long Ballers 1449

Ratboy 1428

Team Bounce 1419

TScorp 1417

blaw 1402

Strength of depthby position

QBs

MikesVikes

Ratboy

Me and My Uncle

blaw

TScorp

ZiaZia

Long Ballers

Team Bounce

RBs

ZiaZia

MikesVikes

Ratboy

blaw

Team Bounce

Me and my Uncle

Long Ballers

TScorp

WRs

Long Ballers

blaw

Me and My Uncle

Ratboy

Team Bounce

ZiaZia

MikesVikes

Tscorp

TEs

Long Ballers

Team Bounce

Ratboy

TScorp

MikesVikes

blaw

Me and My Uncle

ZiaZia

Note that TScorp had two RBs (Taylor & Henry) that had no Huddle projections. Similar ranked Rbs' projections were used instead of zero.

Fixed the QB rankings I had off.

Edited by MikesVikes

Here are the draft results when you add in the Huddle's projections to each QB, RB, WR, & TE drafted.

Starter Pts

MikesVikes 1475

Me and My Uncle 1466

ZiaZia 1462

Long Ballers 1449

Ratboy 1428

Team Bounce 1419

TScorp 1417

blaw 1402

Strength of depthby position

QBs

MikesVikes

Ratboy

Me and My Uncle

Long Ballers

Ratboy

Team Bounce

TScorp

blaw

880972[/snapback]

You have Ratboy on there twice, I am guessing one of them should be me, but do you happen to know which one?

I think I'd take LT and JJ over Zia's RBs.

880798[/snapback]

With LT, of course one would prefer that combo of starters, but I think having Green as a 3rd RB compared to C. Brown, Faulk or Bennett makes all of the difference.

Long Ballers

Nothing wrong with the Moss pick, getting the top WR is a good thing.  Still landed DDavis in round 2 and then grabbed Gates in the 3rd.  Very solid three players even if only 1 of them is a RB.  Then probably surprised a few by resisting the urge to grab another RB and grabbed Joe Horn ... I liked the move ... the team now has a solid 4 players, all difference makers.  Then another surprise in the 5th as the Ballers pass on RBs again by taking Darrell Jackson.  Now this team has the top WRs and TEs in the league and still has DDavis.  So far so good.  6th round finally sees another RB in Bensen.  If Bensen lives up to his hype this team is looking very solid.  Buffalo in the 7th, another top position player.  Then grabbed Ronnie Brown in the 8th ... meaning either Bensen OR Brown could work out.  Hasslebeck in the 9th is good value and while not a top 5 QB will do his part ... 10th rounder Palmer may supplant Hasslebeck by mid-year in the starting lineup, although I'm not sure taking back-to-back QBs was the right thing to do?  But with all other starters set I guess it was okay.  I like this team alot.

880852[/snapback]

I wonder why that is? :D Biggest problem here is needing one of the rookie RBs to come up big, IMO.

Edited by Ziachild007

With LT, of course one would prefer that combo of starters, but I think having Green as a 3rd RB compared to C. Brown, Faulk or Bennett makes all of the difference.

I wonder why that is?  :D  Biggest problem here is needing one of the rookie RBs to come up big, IMO.

880993[/snapback]

You don't win very many championships playing it safe ... it's a pretty safe bet one of the rookie RBs will get 1000+ yards and 8+ TDs