[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Plaxico....Boom or Bust?

I have Plax in a keeper league. How do you think he will do this year? What is a realistic projection for his numbers? I have mixed feelings about his prospects.

Lastly, what running back would be equal value to receive for him in a trade? Suggs, Bennett, Brown? Right now, he would be my number 2 keeper WR behind J.Walker. I could keep him and have a nice 1-2 punch.

Thanks.

Unless he has matured greatly I don't see much for him this year. He's in a new system with basically a rookie QB. I wouldn't expect more than 800 yds and 5 TD's, but there is a great amount of upside if you consider the talent alone.

he's not keeper material as he'll easily be had later in the draft...

884421[/snapback]

I also agree with Avernus. Plax is not keeper material IMO. He will have a good game now and then but will not be consistant on a week to week basis.

Agree with the others...talented but needs to mature...with a young QB and a questionable OLine (I know they made some "upgrades" but I'll believe them when I see them), I don't see huge numbers for Plax this year...I see alot of Eli scrambling and dumping to Tiki or Shockey. JMO

Agree with the others...talented but needs to mature...with a young QB and a questionable OLine (I know they made some "upgrades" but I'll believe them when I see them), I don't see huge numbers for Plax this year...I see alot of Eli scrambling and dumping to Tiki or Shockey. JMO

884682[/snapback]

Couldn't have said it better myself! :D

I have Plax in a keeper league. How do you think he will do this year? What is a realistic projection for his numbers? I have mixed feelings about his prospects.

Lastly, what running back would be equal value to receive for him in a trade? Suggs, Bennett, Brown? Right now, he would be my number 2 keeper WR behind J.Walker. I could keep him and have a nice 1-2 punch.

Thanks.

884341[/snapback]

that's a nice 1-oh, no punch! I would trade him for Suggs, Bennett or Brown in a heartbeat! I bet he sucks this year.

The chance of him and Eli developing in to a Volek/Bennet-like combo is about 15%. It possbile, but I'd say next year maybe, once they grow up together and get to know each other.

Probably not worth keeping, and certainly worth one of those mentioned RBs.

i wouldn't keep him. all of the above comments (young QB, questionable o-line, etc.) are all very good points. i would also like to add these:

1. he's going to be 28 in a month. shouldn't he have done this "maturing" by now? i think he has proven that he is always going to be a baby and he's always going to get into trouble during the season or at least the off-season.

2. he's had 2 decent seasons - decent yardage, ok td totals. last year he was on pace to barely hit 1000 yards and 7 touchdowns. but there are a lot of guys that can do that.

3. he's never had 80 catches. in fact, he's only hit 70 catches once, the year he caught for 1300+ yards. but even that year, he only scored 7 td's. this is a pretty good indicator that he is not a consistent go-to type of guy. he is explosive at times, but i want consistency on my fantasy team.

and yeah, he is on a team with a young qb, an over-rated te, a shaky line, and a running back that saves their tail a lot. there's also a guy there named toomer that is slowing down, but was very consistent for quite a while.

so overall, i wouldn't want him. if you can get a flier running back or some depth somewhere else, i would do it. as far as projections, i can't see him doing much more than 700-800 yards and he's lucky if he scores 6 touchdowns.