[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Orton 46 Yard Bomb To Mushin...

DaFreak

every clown for a qb (hey, that was a joke at the expense of any qb that name ends with "own") that is even considered in the NFL is able to land 1 or 2 such strikes per game, if luck, ooportunity, god, his coach and the hands of his WR permit.

it has NO sense to even mention that, especialy not in pre-season games.

whats way more important is, was he confident, even if his balls fell to the ground for whatever reason? was he "leading" his team, even if it was backwards? was he able to do the "pocket dance" with looking nervous (or as former QBs will call it "happy feet").

getting a timing with his WRs/catching RBs/TEs is a matter of time, not making playbook-induced errors is a matter of learning/time, not judging a defense right is also a matter of learnin and film study.

rookie QBs do not have to play spectacular, they have to have balls like elefants, nothing else. and those cojones i would want to see, yes even in a preseason game.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=10331

"I saw the blitz coming," Orton said. "I saw the one-on-one over there, I wanted to give Justin a chance, but I just left the ball inside a little too much."

whats way more important is, was he confident, even if his balls fell to the ground for whatever reason? was he "leading" his team, even if it was backwards? was he able to do the "pocket dance" with looking nervous (or as former QBs will call it "happy feet").

Sure, the kid was excited, lots of adrenaline pumping, heat of the battle....

He will calm down and be an offensive leader. Yeah, he will make some mistakes, but they all make mistakes. I picked him up on WW just in case........... :D

every clown for a qb (hey, that was a joke at the expense of any qb that name ends with "own") that is even considered in the NFL is able to land 1 or 2 such strikes per game, if luck, ooportunity, god, his coach and the hands of his WR permit.

it has NO sense to even mention that, especialy not in pre-season games.

getting a timing with his WRs/catching RBs/TEs is a matter of time, not making playbook-induced errors is a matter of learning/time, not judging a defense right is also a matter of learnin and film study.

rookie QBs do not have to play spectacular, they have to have balls like elefants, nothing else. and those cojones i would want to see, yes even in a preseason game.

962774[/snapback]

Yea, I thought he seemed confident. The team was behind him, players excited. His biggest problem is going to be picking up the blitzes and reacting to them. If he can get that down I think he will be ok, if he can't, well, then its going to be a longer season then its already going to be. He does seem very accurate with his throws, when he has the time. I really havent seen him have to scramble yet either.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=10331

"I saw the blitz coming," Orton said. "I saw the one-on-one over there, I wanted to give Justin a chance, but I just left the ball inside a little too much."

Sure, the kid was excited, lots of adrenaline pumping, heat of the battle....

He will calm down and be an offensive leader. Yeah, he will make some mistakes, but they all make mistakes. I picked him up on WW just in case........... :D

962814[/snapback]

It was a one on one but the safety was there as well. He threw the ball to the wrong side. I think if he had thrown it outside he would have had a TD but I think what happened was he saw the blitz coming and he just threw it up. There will be a learning curve.

Bears starters played sparingly in this game. Orton made a mistake, big deal. He’ll learn from it. He has a “pro glow” about him that I think the Bears will be very pleased.

Virtually no one from their defense played against Cleveland. This Bear D should keep this team close…The O-Line is solid and stable. Tait and Miller are outstanding tackles and Krutz is one of the games best centers. If prospects like Columbo and Metcalf can develop (or get healthy as in Columbos case) then this o line has excellent depth. Roberto Garza also has had a nice camp.

The Bears have a true professional receiver in Muhammad who has turned into a solid leader and brings character to the table. They have a brilliant young rookie receiver who they may have stolen in the 2nd round (Bradley), and 3 capable running backs. If Cedric Benson can be the horse Chicago thinks he can that makes all those aforementioned pieces even better.

The defense isn’t overly loaded with depth, but the depth the Bears do have is in their front 4. However, the starters are terrific and the sky’s the limit for players like Ogunleye, Brown, Johnson, and Tommy Harris. The Bears have a 1st and 2nd round pick playing backup on the D-Line. Urlacher and Briggs form the foundation of a good LB core while Charles Tillman and Azumah are solid corners (especially Tillman). Mike Brown’s health at safety is paramount. The Bears are much better when MB is out there. He’s the QB of the defense, one that WILL BE spectacular this year. The youth means they’ll have their let down games, but these guys have built a rock solid defense. After the starting back 7, there isn't a heck of a lot although I do like backup CB McMillan and love Rookie Rod Wilson at Lineback...he's a bit smallish, but he's a player.

This team is closer than most of you ham-n-eggers think. The only real glare is the receivers lack depth (not sure about Gage, Wade, Berrien and how good they are), the Bears have absolutely nothing at tight-end, and (true, big issue) they go into it with a rookie at QB.

Kyle Orton is the guy and Bear fans are all embracing him. I don’t think any of us expect miracles, but we will expect improvement, leadership, and sparkles of brilliance now and then. Just like last night…He made a snafu and cost the bears at least 3 points. Bad it was, but without his perfect throw to Muhammad we don’t even get down there.

I am excited about this season, not because I think the Bears can beat out Minnesota for the NFC North, but because the seeds are there to begin developing into a competitive, consistent team. The goal is 2nd place in the division and I think this team is good enough to get it, and thus be in contention for a playoffs spot at the end.

Edited by kwolf68

Picked off in the end zone....Dumb pass, should have thrown it away but he was going to get killed if he didnt get rid of it....

962248[/snapback]

Wow, and it's almost like the good old days when Orton was wearing the Purdue black and gold.

Prepare yourselves for more of the same, folks. Orton is talented, but not the smartest quarterback in the world.

Wow, and it's almost like the good old days when Orton was wearing the Purdue black and gold.

Prepare yourselves for more of the same, folks.  Orton is talented, but not the smartest quarterback in the world.

962964[/snapback]

Yea, he sure does seem like a dummy based off his performances at Purdue.

Kyle Orton threw almost 50 touchdowns and 12 interceptions in his last two years at Purdue.

Yea, he sure does seem like a dummy based off his performances at Purdue.

Kyle Orton threw almost 50 touchdowns and 12 interceptions in his last two years at Purdue.

962972[/snapback]

And completely bit it in big games against teams like Ohio State.

You'll also recall that Orton had Stubblefield and Standeford, the latter being the all-time Big Tean leader in receptions. Oh, and he played in an offense that made Billy Dicken look like NFL material back in '97.

Edited by Bill Swerski

His biggest problem is going to be picking up the blitzes and reacting to them. If he can get that down I think he will be ok, if he can't, well, then its going to be a longer season then its already going to be. He does seem very accurate with his throws, when he has the time. I really havent seen him have to scramble yet either.

962848[/snapback]

You're going to get an early read on this in week 1, when he faces Gregg Williams and the Redskins defense. He's going to see every player on the defense blitzing at him during the course of the game I'm sure.