[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mega Deal ... Worth Giving Up Bulger?

I give up (3-2, 5th place in a 14, 2nd in points):

Bulger -- 95 pts, bye coming

Jenkins -- 15 pts, bye coming

Lelie -- 11 pts, bye coming

I'd get (1-4, 13th place in a 14, 13th in total points):

Culpepper -- 38 pts, bye done

TOwens -- 50 pts, bye done

Mushin -- 17 pts, bye done

Bulger's been carrying the Jellies and has a sweeeet schedule in the playoffs -- but with Deuce gone and DJax down, I'm feeling the need to do something dramatic ... 8 teams make the playoffs.

If I can get him to do this, should I do it -- will Culpepper be peppery from here on out?

Or, should I just relax, sneak into the playoffs, and let Bulger go wild?

I would do it only because Culpepper can not be this bad and has to wake up and Bulger can not keep throwing 40 x a game ...that many times dropping back has to lead to a whole bunch of sacks and very possible injury

TO is worth 15 a week by himself as well

good luck

I would do it only because Culpepper can not be this bad and has to wake up and Bulger can not keep throwing 40 x a game ...that many times dropping back has to lead to a whole bunch of sacks and very possible injury

TO is worth 15 a week by himself as well

good luck

1071933[/snapback]

I would NOT do it bcuz Cpep can be that bad all year and Bulger can throw it 40x a game for the rest of the year....M.Martz luvs to throw.....and Cpep has no one to throw to...DON"T DO IT

It's hard not to take a deal like that. Bulger for Owens is a fair swap, but you're giving up waiver wire fodder (Jenkins and Lelie) for two players with tremendous upside. Well all know about C-Pep, but if Blake takes over as QB in Chicago at some point this season, watch out for Muhammad!

I think I would have to do it. I would miss Bulger's steady production, but I also speak from experience when I tell you that the Owens/Steve Smith combination is deadly!

I was on the fence about this for a long time. Then I noticed that you start 4 WRs. I think that pushes you into making this trade. TO + Smith makes a solid WR base, while Lelie and Jenkins together get outscored by kickers.

If possible, you may want to try to wait a week on the trade. This coming game may determine a lot for C-Pep and the Vikes. If you need to take the risk because the other owner won't accept if C-Pep shows up, then go for it now, but with all the extra-curricular activities in Minnetonka...I mean Minnesota...football isn't necessarily the primary focus at the moment.

IMHO, though, i think that the Vikes will put their noses to the proverbial grindstone and kick things into high gear so that everyone forgets about their egregious behavior and starts letting them get away with everything that sports players who actually perform get away with.

For a second, let's remove the quarterbacks from the equation. I think we can agree that you would grab T.Owens and M.Muhammed over Jenkins and Lelie (he has been a big disappointment so far) with one brain tied behind our back.

Furthermore, you know Culpepper will get his act together and rise to the upper hierarchy of quarterbacks like he has done the past 3-4 years. Even if he did not rise to that highest level, he would still be in the same neighborhood as Bulger when all is said and done this year.

I think the receivers alone put you over the top on this deal.

I'd jump all over this trade. Plus, with Martz gone, you don't really know how the play calling is going to be with the Rams. I think he still scores alot, but maybe not quite as much. I agree also that Culpepper should start producing.

For a second, let's remove the quarterbacks from the equation.  I think we can agree that you would grab T.Owens and M.Muhammed over Jenkins and Lelie (he has been a big disappointment so far) with one brain tied behind our back. 

Furthermore, you know Culpepper will get his act together and rise to the upper hierarchy of quarterbacks like he has done the past 3-4 years.  Even if he did not rise to that highest level, he would still be in the same neighborhood as Bulger when all is said and done this year.

I think the receivers alone put you over the top on this deal.

1072210[/snapback]

OMG, a newb with knowledge. I've seen everything now. :D

I have to agree with our new friend will62russ here. Do the trade and rest easy knowing you got the better deal.

Edited by cliaz

Thanks for all the input. Despite my nervousness that I reeeally ought to just relax and ride this out and make the playoffs with Bulger, I'm itching for an upgrade -- and will just have to pray the Culpy gets real peppery from here on out ... :D I have officially offered the deal.

I'll let you know if he goes for it -- he's a pretty absent owner, but ought to be checking in tomorrow during the day or at very least on Monday ... :D