[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hot Dogs

Chief Dick

I split them in half (lengthwise) and fry them.  Then place two split and fried dogs on a couple of pieces of buttered toast.  Pretty tasty!

1164499[/snapback]

Good info here. I add some cheese, grilled onions and mustard - maybe kraut or jalepenos once in a while. A good chili cheese dog is also called for once in a while.

Nathans can be hit or miss.... it depends on the individual store. I'm not sure that they use the hot dogs with natural casing outside of the NY area though. Without the casing, they are nothing special. I usually tell the counter person exactly which one I want off the grill, otherwise, it could very easilly be under or worse, over cooked to the point of being burnt. For a time, the original Nathans in Coney Island stopped offering suaerkraut! I swear, that is a true story. There is a hugh subway terminal down there, where 4 different lines end. I couldn't believe it. I knew then that America as we know it was a thing of the past.

Where are the Michiganders in this Hot Dog talk!?? I grew up on Koegel Vienna's Frankfurters (with the skins). 99% of these bad boys are sold in Michigan, but they are fantastic. I think they're made in Murder Capital... err... Flint.

That and Willi's Bratwurst in Frankenmuth, Willi's Brat Sauce is a mix of Ketchup, Mustard, Horseradish, and "spices." Simply fantastic.

My folks are coming down from Michigan tomorrow and they always bring a 5lb box of Koegels and 5lbs of Willi's Brats.

I truly regret skipping lunch now.

Where are the Michiganders in this Hot Dog talk!??  I grew up on Koegel Vienna's Frankfurters (with the skins).  99% of these bad boys are sold in Michigan, but they are fantastic.  I think they're made in Murder Capital... err... Flint. 

That and Willi's Bratwurst in Frankenmuth, Willi's Brat Sauce is a mix of Ketchup, Mustard, Horseradish, and "spices." Simply fantastic. 

My folks are coming down from Michigan tomorrow and they always bring a 5lb box of Koegels and 5lbs of Willi's Brats.

I truly regret skipping lunch now.

1167703[/snapback]

They're not bringing the Whities and Vernors too?

Dodger Dogs- you can smell/taste them walking into the place onions, mustard and relish

Cupids- LA institution chili with onions mustard and cheese(dogs with casings)

Tommys- another LA institution- with everyting- red onions, chili, tomatoes, peppers, mustard and cheese

County Stadium Milw- CheddarWurst grilled with kraut, onions, cheese and mustard :D

All the above better with red onions, lots of napkins, eaten standing up and washed down with ice cold beer :D