[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

calling all Hawks homers

Down Goes Frazia

DGF, we could always try to pluck some guys off other boards as well as I'm sure we've all got a friend or two who'd be in.  I'd really like to keep everyone local as well - no offense to those who live out of state, but live drafts are just where it's at.

1269531[/snapback]

getting 16 local owners who are able to do a 40 round live draft IN ONE DAY will be almost impossible.

I had never envisioned a live draft with this type of league. If we want to have a live draft..... we better think about changing the format and / or size of the league, IMO.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

getting 16 local owners who are able to do a 40 round live draft IN ONE DAY will be almost impossible.

I had never envisioned a live draft with this type of league. If we want to have a live draft..... we better think about changing the format and / or size of the league, IMO.

1270722[/snapback]

Maybe we do a live start, or break it up into two days. The yearly rookie draft being live, would be pretty cool as well. Just a few ideas.

If we set a time limit, and ENFORCED it, we could move quickly through the first half of a draft, with 16 teams the rounds would go longer and give people more time between picks.

I guess I just don't want a month long draft.

-DD21

Hello.

I agree with starting off with a live draft. We should be able to do a chunk of rounds to get us started. Wouldn't hurt to have some time between the starting rounds and the final rounds to reevaluate. I've never done a 16 team IDP draft before so reevaluating after rounds will be a necessity.

We can work something out for those not local enough to actually attend.

Edited by DO Jaded

there is no allgiance req'd to the hawks here...... just so your zip code is close.  :D

A draft would undoubtably be online anyway ( if we go IDP).

1264815[/snapback]

Hey Ill root for anyone to get into another IDP league. Hell Ill even get a PO box for the month of the draft unless Sky will let me use his address. :D

If you need a 16th, and cant find one, Ill jump in. Otherwise I know its a Seattle thang....

1270722[/snapback]

I'd rather muck with the format of the league than forgo the live draft.

I'd rather muck with the format of the league than forgo the live draft.

1282755[/snapback]

I agree with Fraz. To have a Dynasty/IDP league with a 35-45 round live draft is untenable.

Having just gone through a Dynasty/IDP draft in the now defunct "caucasion is a cheating scumbag" league, the thing took over 2 weeks & we didn't even finish.

I really want to see this league fly, & we don't have enough Seattle area huddlers to do 16 teams in a live draft, so it seems to me the point is moot. We can always get together to drink beer & talk smack at some point.

Plus, after getting whipped by DOJaded & DD21 repeatedly in ECB, I'd just as soon spend as little time with them as possible .:D

Edited by Bonehand

I agree with Fraz. To have a Dynasty/IDP league with a 35-45 round live draft is untenable.

Having just gone through a Dynasty/IDP draft in the now defunct "caucasion is a cheating scumbag" league, the thing took over 2 weeks & we didn't even finish.

I really want to see this league fly, & we don't have enough Seattle area huddlers to do 16 teams in a live draft, so it seems to me the point is moot. We can always get together to drink beer & talk smack at some point.

Plus, after getting whipped by DOJaded & DD21 repeatedly in ECB, I'd just as soon spend as little time with them as possible  .:D

1283218[/snapback]

They don't all have to be huddlers. . .I've got some savvy friends

They don't all have to be huddlers. . .I've got some savvy friends

1283519[/snapback]

Then maybe the solution is that we get 2 leagues going: Fraz's 16 team IDP dynasty board only league, & you fire up ECB2 with a live draft?

Edited by Bonehand

Then maybe the solution is that we get 2 leagues going: Fraz's 16 team IDP dynasty board only league, & you fire up ECB2 with a live draft?

1283525[/snapback]

That's probably the best thing to do. . .I'm trying to transition into local leagues where we get to meet up, drink beer, and draft. Way more fun, imo.

1283525[/snapback]

So what you are talking here is two leagues now. One where Seattle homer type people here on the board (like DW) can get in on it and the draft will be online.

The other is for 16 'local' people where there is a live draft.

My only concern with the second is that 12 local people getting together for a 15 round draft have a hard enough time setting aside a time for a date that is set a year in advance and need to leave as soon as possible... how you gonna get 16 of them to set aside what will probably be at least 15-20 hours of drafting at a minimum?

Let's see...

40 rounds + 2 mins per pick + 16 owners + no stopping

32 mins per round * 40 rounds

You are talking 21 hours without any breaks.

Even if you knock it down to 1 min per that is still 10 hours.

I'm dedicated and would have no problem with doing that..... but I have no life, and am not so sure about the same level of dedication when it comes to family, work, etc. of others.

I'm still trying to decide if I should get in the one first proposed in the other thread.... Dynsaty Leagues require a tremendous amount of work the whole year round and is a long term committment. At least it is if you are going to do it right.

Hmmmm...... :D IDP 40 round Live Draft...... :D

This idea shouldn't die because of the live draft issue. It can be done, and it should be done!

I hosted a 16 team 16 round draft last summer. 1 minute per pick. Each owner had 2 thirty-second timeouts that were automatically exhausted as necessary. We stopped for a 20 minute food break and finished in 5 hours, 5 minutes.

The ECB owners are aware of some software I have that works the clock and announces the time!

9am to 9pm... let's do it!

I'm up for live drafting for however long it takes. Yeah, I wasn't able to stick around after the ECB draft this year, but if I plan it better next year, I can take some of the poker money that was thrown around. :D

Even 16-20 hours for a new IDP dynasty is doable. We can split it into two session if necessary. After that it's just a 7-10 round rookie draft each season.

I would realy like it live as well, possibly set a time limit, :D like we draft for eight hours live and finish online. The true excitement is in the earlier rounds. :D I only have one live draft a year, :D this one being a live deal, might be the only way I can justify taking on another league, :doah: as I promised to cut down to five this season. :D

-DD21

Fraz or Sky,

Any updates. :D:D

I know it's been hard wading through all the BS the Hawks fans have been dropping around town, but I was wondering if there was any new news.

-DD21

BTW - I have a re-found and greatly strengthed hatred for the Hawks after this week, man, if one more stranger says 'Go Hawks!!!' I'm gonna buy a Steelers jersey.

When they go 2-3 to start next year, Hawks fans will be harder to find than Storm season ticket holders. :D

When they go 2-3 to start next year, Hawks fans will be harder to find than Storm season ticket holders.  :D

1296174[/snapback]

If that happens, just give me a call DD. I'll always be here cheering them on. Sure, I'll biaytch at them if they f-up, but I'll still be a fan.

Oh, and GO HAWKS!

When they go 2-3 to start next year, Hawks fans will be harder to find than Storm season ticket holders.  :D

1296174[/snapback]

Must not be playing many of those NFC North games in the first five weeks then :D

Edited by NoSupe4You

Must not be playing many of those NFC North games in the first five weeks then  :D

1296400[/snapback]

Well done, you can only hope.

BTW - to be honest most the guys here I respect as Hawks fans, obviously excluding 37, it's the local yokals that really piss me off. The people who say they should be favored because they won more regular season games, or that Lofa Tatupu is the REAL NFL defensive Player of the year. When you know dammed good and well they never even heard of the guy until pregame for the NFC championship game.

Oh well.

GO STEELERS!!!! :D:D

-DD21

Edited by digitaldan21

I'm up for live drafting for however long it takes.  Yeah, I wasn't able to stick around after the ECB draft this year, but if I plan it better next year, I can take some of the poker money that was thrown around. :D

Even 16-20 hours for a new IDP dynasty is doable.  We can split it into two session if necessary.  After that it's just a 7-10 round rookie draft each season.

1286312[/snapback]

I would realy like it live as well, possibly set a time limit,  :D  like we draft for eight hours live and finish online. The true excitement is in the earlier rounds.  :D  I only have one live draft a year, :D  this one being a live deal, might be the only way I can justify taking on another league,  :doah:  as I promised to cut down to five this season.  :D

-DD21

1286333[/snapback]

I'm not doing a 40 round live draft....... just can't swing it fellas... sorry. that was never my intent when i started this thread.

someone else will have to put on the commish hat & take it from here if you want to make it happen.

I'm not doing a 40 round live draft....... just can't swing it fellas... sorry. that was never my intent when i started this thread.

someone else will have to put on the commish hat & take it from here if you want to make it happen.

1297293[/snapback]

I will be unable to fill that roll, am I to assume this is dead. :D

-DD21